RESERVES AGAINST DUNDEE UNITED

WeeToonJambo

watched the second half of this and it was 2-0 when i got in so they must have scored two early in second half. hearts were brutal and this was summed up when screpis (the only decent player on show and who tried very hard) broke free and unselfishly rolled the ball across the six yard yard box for makela to ram home into the empty net. what actually happened was worse than van vossen as makela fluffed the shot wide and fell over as well to the guffawing of the small support. rapnik looked okay in spells and if he is number 5 he is a big lad for his age and looks very strong. zal and ketsusis looked poor and the watching frail if he has any sense will throw screpis a start on saturday ion the middle. he was energetic and wanted the ball all the time. his quick free kick led to the him putting mackle clean through for the goal which was well finished. the united side dominated though and kenneth and some other giant at right back were too strong for m and m. the two black guys playing were quite tidy as well prince buanban or something and some other boy. all in all from the second half it was pretty convincing from united and hearts were sheeeeite but we are used to that this season

How did bruno do when he came on obviously he has been out for a long time so it may take him a while to get back to his normal level but still good to see. I see the young boy woods got on again 16 or 17 yr old how did he do its good to see frail/mccann pushing the young players on seeing as the liths are not going to be the future for hearts.

Stakrs a **** then

Ridgers - Scottish and young enough

Devine - Scottish and Young enough

Mackle - Scottish Nationality and young enough

Mearns - Scottish and young enough

Husband -scottish and young enough

Mole - Possibly scottish blood

A few of the subs were scottish too

Plenty of other scottish youth at hearts too

Far more scots than the 5 or 6 foreigners who play at reserve level

Sean Mackle is Irish.

WeeToonJambo
How did bruno do when he came on obviously he has been out for a long time so it may take him a while to get back to his normal level but still good to see. I see the young boy woods got on again 16 or 17 yr old how did he do its good to see frail/mccann pushing the young players on seeing as the liths are not going to be the future for hearts.

Bruno did OK, considering. The bench were encouraging him to get on the ball and some of his link up play with Screpis looked quite promising. A good start I would say. Woods looks a prospect - not afraid to have a go and has a fair turn of speed. The highlight for me, and a few others it seems, was Juho's missing an open goal, by no means for the first time, and falling over. Honestly, it would have been easier to score. The reaction from the bench was a sort of resigned disbelief. One of the "older" subs summed it up for me. He turned and looked up at Korobochka in the stand and it looked to me as if he could hardly contain his laughter.

Interesting to note in the crowd, an Argentinian who looked as if he might have been a player at one time and is now apparently a coach and friend of Screpis. John McGlynn was there sitting with Craig Levein and Shaggy. Billy Stark (SFA must pay well, driving an 08 Jag). I was pleased to see that Billy Brown wasn't there. That one had me slightly worried for a few weeks. Another guy who was there, and is at lot of reserve games, has the most ginger of ginger hair I've ever seen, mid thirties, always wears a suit and sat with Screpis's friend during the first half. Anyone know who he is? Finally, thanks to the guy who came out of the boardroom at half time and gave me a cup of soup. It fairly warmed me up on a perishing cold afternoon - what's this about global warming?

Stakrs a **** then

Ridgers - Scottish and young enough

Devine - Scottish and Young enough

Mackle - Scottish Nationality and young enough

Mearns - Scottish and young enough

Husband -scottish and young enough

Mole - Possibly scottish blood

A few of the subs were scottish too

Plenty of other scottish youth at hearts too

Far more scots than the 5 or 6 foreigners who play at reserve level

The big "thema" for little countrys, like my Bulgaria and Scotland and big problem for clubs, who don't belive that can to be great. This is the list:

(The great from me):

1. Edwin Van der Sar - Holland;

2. Gary Neville - England;

3. Patrice Evra - France;

4. Owen Hargreaves - England;

5. Rio Ferdinand - England;

6. Wes Brown - England;

7. Cristiano Ronaldo - Portugal;

8. Anderson - Brazil;

9. Louis Saha - France;

10. Wayne Rooney - England;

11. Ryan Giggs - Wales;

12. Ben Foster - England;

13. Ji-sung Park - Korea Republic;

15. Nemanja Vidic - Serbia;

16. Michael Carrick - England;

17. Nani - Portugal;

18. Paul Scholes -England;

19. Gerard Pique - Spain;

21. Fangzhuo Dong - China;

22. John O'Shea - Rep.of Ireland.

Sir Alex Ferguson - Manager - Scotland

Maeby you know the name of this team?

Around 30-33% are english players. The world long time is not in 17 century. Important is players to be good, exellent ect. After to be scottish, if we want this club to be great.

:cool:

Drylaw Hearts
Bruno did OK, considering. The bench were encouraging him to get on the ball and some of his link up play with Screpis looked quite promising. A good start I would say. Woods looks a prospect - not afraid to have a go and has a fair turn of speed. The highlight for me, and a few others it seems, was Juho's missing an open goal, by no means for the first time, and falling over. Honestly, it would have been easier to score. The reaction from the bench was a sort of resigned disbelief. One of the "older" subs summed it up for me. He turned and looked up at Korobochka in the stand and it looked to me as if he could hardly contain his laughter.

Interesting to note in the crowd, an Argentinian who looked as if he might have been a player at one time and is now apparently a coach and friend of Screpis. John McGlynn was there sitting with Craig Levein and Shaggy. Billy Stark (SFA must pay well, driving an 08 Jag). I was pleased to see that Billy Brown wasn't there. That one had me slightly worried for a few weeks. Another guy who was there, and is at lot of reserve games, has the most ginger of ginger hair I've ever seen, mid thirties, always wears a suit and sat with Screpis's friend during the first half. Anyone know who he is? Finally, thanks to the guy who came out of the boardroom at half time and gave me a cup of soup. It fairly warmed me up on a perishing cold afternoon - what's this about global warming?

Barry Anderson of the EEN ?

CornhillHearts

Husband is from Fife, Hubs will not sign Mearns will ask about Hamilton but doubt it, nothing wrong with releasing most of the Under 19s as the Under 17s are a better bet next year and there is not room for everybody.

Prancer hehaws.

Charlie-Brown
Husband is from Fife, Hubs will not sign Mearns will ask about Hamilton but doubt it, nothing wrong with releasing most of the Under 19s as the Under 17s are a better bet next year and there is not room for everybody.

Prancer hehaws.

What U19's / reserves do people reckon might be released or retained?

Prancer hehaws.

Ch, since you know them so well, whats your views on Mearns?

I've seen him 3 times and reckon he's a decent player but rumour is he'll be let go...

doctor jambo
Ch, since you know them so well, whats your views on Mearns?

I've seen him 3 times and reckon he's a decent player but rumour is he'll be let go...

Seen him in action a few times and he is cack

Seen him in action a few times and he is cack

Interesting, your the first person I've heard say this... more views any one.

Interesting, your the first person I've heard say this... more views any one.

He's a decent, tidy, commited player. He would have no trouble moving to a decentish (Hamilton, St.Johnston, St.Midden, QOS) team if we did free him (I'm not sure that we will though)

He's a decent, tidy, commited player. He would have no trouble moving to a decentish (Hamilton, St.Johnston, St.Midden, QOS) team if we did free him (I'm not sure that we will though)

Cheers uth, glad to hear some one say we might not release him.

Your description pretty much fits what I've seen, would probably add good mnotivator as well, always seems to be talking to people around him.

This is slightly off topic but I'll mention it anyway.

Bumped into a couple of the younger lads last week and they both raved about Neil McCann as a coach. They said he had a great footballing brain and really knew what he was talking about. The way they described him was very like the way a friend of mine describe Levein, who he played under at Raith.

Just thought I'd mention it as a small positive. Although he may be away at the end of the season so I'm not sure how positive it may turn out to be.

When was levein at Raith?

CornhillHearts

Mearns- no compusure, all action tackling fit player, David McCreery type, not ready for first team in my opinion; so probably released.

Mearns- no compusure, all action tackling fit player, David McCreery type, not ready for first team in my opinion; so probably released.

Cheers.

My view is he doesnt look composed off the ball (probably chases too much) but does on it but maybe that was just the games I seen him in.

londonjambo
When was levein at Raith?

Often forgotten about, Levein went to Raith after being emptied by Leicester. He was only there a few weeks before Dundee United came calling and off he went.

GC

Archived