top scorer bets

hibshater

a quick question regarding the top goal scorer, i have a couple of each way bets on who is top scorer and now there is about 6 players all tied on the same amount of goals, will the bookies pay out as they are all top scorers or will they just pay it out each way?

Chaka Demus & pliers

Your stake will probably be divided by the number of players tied. Pretty crap really

I think they will pay as a winner but also as a tie which means you will get a fraction of the win odds based on how many we're tied (I.e. 1/6th odds). They may however give it to Torres as the golden boot winner. I suspect the former though so a tenner on a 6/1 shot will win you ?10 plus your ?10 stake based in a win bet, assuming six did tie.

Chaka Demus & pliers

It's normally the stake that is divided rather than the odds, which results in an even lower payout

Robbo-Jambo

I had Spain to win and Torres top scorer at 25/1 and they are saying that Torres wiil get golden boot for his assist in last goal. <_<

Does that mean i might get full pay out rather than it divided by six or am i getting carried away. :woot: :woot:

Chaka Demus & pliers

I had Spain to win and Torres top scorer at 25/1 and they are saying that Torres wiil get golden boot for his assist in last goal. <_<

Does that mean i might get full pay out rather than it divided by six or am i getting carried away. :woot: :woot:

You're getting carried away

It's normally the stake that is divided rather than the odds, which results in an even lower payout

Eh? You mean they withhold some of your original stake? Otherwise, I don't see the difference.

Robbo-Jambo

You're getting carried away

:lol: But they had to decide how he would get the golden boot which is for top scorer. :rolleyes:

I think it is the odds normally. I am certain of it in fact, could be wrong though.

Notorious BIG

Who is your bet with? My mate who works at ladborkes said they are paying out TGS on how far they got in the tournament, He said Balotelli at the start of the game is the one who would get it but seen as Torres scored and Won it, It would be a Torres payout, Full payout he said aswell, Other bookies may differ though

Robbo-Jambo

Who is your bet with? My mate who works at ladborkes said they are paying out TGS on how far they got in the tournament, He said Balotelli at the start of the game is the one who would get it but seen as Torres scored and Won it, It would be a Torres payout, Full payout he said aswell, Other bookies may differ though

Willy Hills mate. <_< Some websites are saying he is classed as top scorer because of 3 goals, the assist and he played the least amount of minutes. Bloody confusing. :blink:

Correct!

Skybet have just screwed me to the wall in this manner, last ever bet placed with them!!!!! Expected to get paid out as Torres was announced golden boot winner, not good at all. :(

The way I understand it, only one player can win the Golden Boot. Any number of players can be joint top scorer.

Robbo-Jambo

The way I understand it, only one player can win the Golden Boot. Any number of players can be joint top scorer.

Yip, just spoke to Hills top scorer divided by 6. :verymad: :verymad:

Yip, just spoke to Hills top scorer divided by 6. :verymad: :verymad:

Which is why it was good to bet on the golden boot winner which was available on some sites.... though I think they perhaps confused the 2 as the same -- still it was checked at the time so 18/1 for me.

Robbo-Jambo

Which is why it was good to bet on the golden boot winner which was available on some sites.... though I think they perhaps confused the 2 as the same -- still it was checked at the time so 18/1 for me.

Didnt realise there was a seperate bet for golden boot. <_< Well done mate. :thumbsup:

Talk about being lucky

I just opened up an account with willie hill yesterday

Put ?10 on one of those popular bets thing that was on offer, but it was a mistake i put the bet on as it was not just Spain but teams from Brazil and Norway where included on the accumulator bet and i have not a clue about them.

Lord by hold i have just checked my account and just won under a ?100 as well as having Gomez as top scorer, and it was a mistake i put that bet on and it has come in and i cant even remember who all the teams where lol

Yeah i know lucky, this year just gets better and better

Ok stupid question time here but had bet 16/1 Torres for golden boot with Ladbrokes - Does that mean i get full winnings??

Radioactive Mince

Ok stupid question time here but had bet 16/1 Torres for golden boot with Ladbrokes - Does that mean i get full winnings??

Aye.

Happy days :)

Saul Goodman

I had 4 fold for top country scorer. Manduzic, rooney, ronaldo and llorente.

Thankfully llorente not kicking a ball has classed him as a non runner

Bet365 still to pay out my ?80 right enough <_<

I had 4 fold for top country scorer. Manduzic, rooney, ronaldo and llorente.

Thankfully llorente not kicking a ball has classed him as a non runner

Bet365 still to pay out my ?80 right enough <_<

I don't think Llorente will be classed as a non-runner although I'm not 100% sure.

My top scorer bet on Gomez has paid more than it should have, they've divided stake by 5 instead of 6. This was with bet365, has this happened with anyone else?

If you have torres at 16/1 you will get16p which makes ?2.83 for every pound, basically it is the price dived by 6 times your stake for eachway is 20 divided by 4 dived by 6 then times 4 or 67p. In every pound which will give you ?3.35 for every pound

Top Goalscorer will be settled as a dead heat, which is the full odds at an Xth of the stake, in this case a 6th.

So if you put ?6 on at 10/1, you'd get ?1 on at 10/1.

Saul Goodman

I don't think Llorente will be classed as a non-runner although I'm not 100% sure.

My top scorer bet on Gomez has paid more than it should have, they've divided stake by 5 instead of 6. This was with bet365, has this happened with anyone else?

FROM BET365

Thank you for your web message.

Please be dvised that should Fernando Llorente not feature in this tournament then this selection would be classed as a non runner

to my shock this morning BET365 have quietly put this in my settled bets as a loss!!

forwarded on their own email asking them to PAY OUT!

Robbo-Jambo

i had a spain/torres double on at william hills and they paid out the full amount :thumbsup:

Yip me too :) Had a 5 quid double as Torres top scorer and Spain to win tourney at 25/1 and they paid out the full amount of ?130.00. Quite surprised as thought would only get a sixth back. Happy days. :D

Saul Goodman

to my shock this morning BET365 have quietly put this in my settled bets as a loss!!

forwarded on their own email asking them to PAY OUT!

Bet365 refused to pay out classing llorente as a loss even though he never kicked a ball

After a few back and forths they offered me ?52 should have been ?81, and to rollover once, I refused having to rollover the ?52 in order to withdraw considering they assured me llorente would be a non runner, long story short, got my ?52 with no rollover required :thumbsup:

Archived