Hibs might be goosed

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

seems like the revelation that Petrie is involved in the "SFL get der Hun into division one " scheme is the final straw for some weel kent posters on Hibs net. Pages 8 onwards

I can understand that - and thank God we no longer have Robinson because I am sure he would have been following a similar tawdry line..

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?239966-Message-From-Pat-Your-Club-Needs-You/page9

They might be goosed but I think you're highlighting the wrong parts of the thread. I just read pages 8-10 and saw about 5 comments relating to Petrie/Newco. Most of the posters seemed far more concerned with the lack of investment from TF and their dreadful performances putting people off buying STs which in turn will make the team worse. RP being tarred with the Newco brush seems to be low down the list of doom-mongering.

To be fair, the Petrie/Newco story may be little more than west coast wishful thinking - it still has to play itself out, and some perspective is necessary too - If Hibs had just won the SC and finished 3rd I think most supporters would ignore the Petrie/Newco story, as long as Hibs vote no to Newco/SPL next week. The ones who latch onto this are probably just glad to have a mantra to repeat while excusing themselves for turning their backs on a truly woeful team.

Archived