Very tall people.

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

Programme on STV right now about the tallest people in the world, these guys are bloody huge!

The tallest guy in Britain is 7ft 7 1/2 inches tall, thats muckle!

I'm only a mere short arse at 6ft 2! :confused:

What height is everyone else?

Not watching that but I did see a bit of a thing on channel 5 (i think )earlier on about the world's shortest people - some form of dwarf.

Some of them were kids and were talking about growing 'up' to be basketball coaches and the likes and when one was asked if he thought short people could do things like that the boy came out with 'I can do anything'. Was all a bit odd. I mean fair enough encourage the kid but thats just a bit unrealistic!

There was also one who had a bodyguard so he didn't get trampled on and had to have a nap for an hour during college cos he got too tired.

The Old Tolbooth

A guy from London was just on and he was gutted because an official measure made him out to be 6ft 10, he thought he was 7ft 5 lol!

A guy from London was just on and he was gutted because an official measure made him out to be 6ft 10, he thought he was 7ft 5 lol!

He thought he was 7'' taller than he is?? Had he never seen a ruler or tape measure before :confused:

The Old Tolbooth
He thought he was 7'' taller than he is?? Had he never seen a ruler or tape measure before :confused:

I know, thats what I thought too, he's really gutted that he's not part of the 7ft club now. I cant believe anyone could get their height wrong by a full 7 inches!

I know, thats what I thought too, he's really gutted that he's not part of the 7ft club now. I cant believe anyone could get their height wrong by a full 7 inches!

but whats 7 inches between friends??

;)

Boaby Ewing
Programme on STV right now about the tallest people in the world, these guys are bloody huge!

The tallest guy in Britain is 7ft 7 1/2 inches tall, thats muckle!

I'm only a mere short arse at 6ft 2! :confused:

What height is everyone else?

Was it the same show that was on a few months back with a guy called Neil Fingleton (ex-college basketball in the US, now trying to be an 'actor')? Anyway, I met him a few years back.

Tbh I feel sorry for them, it's almost impossible to have a conversation without slipping into: 'Feck you're tall... er, what's it like?' Which of course they hear about twenty times a day. Guy said he sometimes thought twice about heading out on campus at the university as everyone would point and stare like he was a circus act.

Doctor FinnBarr

It was the only thing about all seating that was good! Being a short ar?e seating was good , but I hate it , it killed the best atmosphere that Tynie ever had!

:torture:

The Old Tolbooth
Was it the same show that was on a few months back with a guy called Neil Fingleton (ex-college basketball in the US, now trying to be an 'actor')? Anyway, I met him a few years back.

Tbh I feel sorry for them, it's almost impossible to have a conversation without slipping into: 'Feck you're tall... er, what's it like?' Which of course they hear about twenty times a day. Guy said he sometimes thought twice about heading out on campus at the university as everyone would point and stare like he was a circus act.

I missed the guys name but there was certainly a bloke in the show that fits the bill you describe. He comes from North East England and played pro basketball before heading to Hollywood.

Beverley, your a norty gurl! :)

I P Knightley
was crouch on it?

He'd probably appear titchy beside the others on the show.

His dad is 6'5" and, to me, appears to be a giant (I'm 6'3" and don't often come across folk bigger then me) but then when you see Peter Crouch beside his dad, the dad seems just like a normal height.

Whilst claiming he was 7ft5 was maybe a bit ambitious, it is possible he was once part of the "7ft club". Being that height puts immense strain on the vertebrae and may well have compressed over time, causing him to shorten in height to "only" 6ft10.

Me? I'm a monstrous 5ft9..

rather conversely, there's a program on more4 just now about primordial dwarves.

Yeah thats the one I was talking about. Must have been 4 and not 5

The Old Tolbooth
Whilst claiming he was 7ft5 was maybe a bit ambitious, it is possible he was once part of the "7ft club". Being that height puts immense strain on the vertebrae and may well have compressed over time, causing him to shorten in height to "only" 6ft10.

Me? I'm a monstrous 5ft9..

There was a doctor on the programme last night who said the same thing, he reckoned it would account for a little bit of height, but nowhere near 7 inches, so it's definately possible that he was in the 7ft club at one point.

There was an american lady who was 6ft 11 too, if she wrapped her legs around yer back she'd kill you! :eek:

Had to laugh at that loser when he found out he was "only" 6'10.

Doctor: "So who has measured you previously?"

Freakshow (nearly greetin) : "Erm...well...some friends from the tall club!"

Classic

The Old Tolbooth

His botton lip was most definately quivering heh heh! :D

Oh, and his burd had a deeper voice than me!

What about the guy from mongolia's bird?

Half his age,half his height...boaby daft!!Imagine those two at it!!

rossthejambo

seen a program like that, not sure if it was the same 1 because i never seen it, but the guy was an absolute giant. think he was going for the worlds tallest man or something like that.

have to say i am a very intimidating 5'10:rolleyes:

Miller Jambo 60
He'd probably appear titchy beside the others on the show.

His dad is 6'5" and, to me, appears to be a giant (I'm 6'3" and don't often come across folk bigger then me) but then when you see Peter Crouch beside his dad, the dad seems just like a normal height.

Im 6-2 and the only guy that i know who towers over me is big Andy.

Yeah thats the one I was talking about. Must have been 4 and not 5

oops sorry never saw your post.

I think im going to go to hell as i was peeing myself laughing through most of it, it was quite sad though when that guy said he wanted to be a basketball coach. there was a bit as well when one of the girls said she just wanted to have babies when she was older, even though it would be impossible :sad:

The Old Tolbooth
What about the guy from mongolia's bird?

Half his age,half his height...boaby daft!!Imagine those two at it!!

Ha ha!! Our minds work in the same way mate, I was thinking the same too!!!

She was a no bad piece o crumpet for to be dating a 56 year old btw!

Wonder why she was interested in him, maybe something to do with his size 21 feet ;)

Almost everyone's very tall when you're only 5'2"... :(

that is certainly true BJT, i,m only 5,2" as well but the best things come in small packages anyway...

Ha ha!! Our minds work in the same way mate, I was thinking the same too!!!

She was a no bad piece o crumpet for to be dating a 56 year old btw!

Wonder why she was interested in him, maybe something to do with his size 21 feet ;)

Eye you ken what they say...boys with big feet have big socks n all that!!

Probably with the freak due to his new found fame ;)...only in asia (or leith)

BoJack Horseman

I remember that show from a few months back. I really did laugh at the greetin guy who wasn't as tall as he thought. Did he not say he was going to keep telling folk he was 7'5?

I'm a mere 6'3.

oops sorry never saw your post.

I think im going to go to hell as i was peeing myself laughing through most of it, it was quite sad though when that guy said he wanted to be a basketball coach. there was a bit as well when one of the girls said she just wanted to have babies when she was older, even though it would be impossible :sad:

I know what you mean, it really shouldn't be funny but you couldn't help laughing at some of it. It was the guy at college that got me, when the 'bodyguard' was talking about having to protect him from getting trampled coming off the bus and then when he was in the cafeteria and was about the same size as the bin. And then when they were chucking the kids in the air as well - that was just weird!!

The bit with the girl saying she wanted to have kids was a shame. I don't know if its actually impossible for it to happen, just that it never has so far. Getting pregnant in the first place could be a mission though and then unless the baby was a dwarf too it would be far too big :confused: At least she said she wanted to adopt as well though.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm 6'2 (hate they numbers :sad:)

Seen that programme before, felt sorry for the auld boy who couldn't stand for too long as his bones and joints were knackered.

Saying that, he makes a living out of it so there are some positives!

The guy who went about saying he was 7'5 was a total erse!

Imagine one of they chaps sitting in Tannadice!!!!!!!!!!

Malcolm Tucker

I'm 6ft 2".

Not quite 18 yet as well, still some height to be added I think!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'm 6'2" too

The bit about the bloke who thought he was 7'5 reminds me of when I went for my medical for L&B fire brigade back in the days when they had a height restriction on who could apply

The numpty in front of me when we went for the medical got tossed out cos he had lied about his height in his application form.:confused:

im a middle of the road 6ft exactly.

A decent height to be I feel.

Yeah, I tend to agree.

Until fairly recently I worked beside a guy who had just turned 17 and was 6' 6". Big laddie!

chester copperpot
Yeah, I tend to agree.

Until fairly recently I worked beside a guy who had just turned 17 and was 6' 6". Big laddie!

I am 6ft 6, and am gutted, because when I started playing basketball at 15, I was the same size. Got watched by a couple of American College's when I was 17-18, and both said that they'd be interested in offering me a full scholarship if I was 3 inches taller.

I am officially gutted that I'm only 6ft 6.

Archived