What mobile phone to get?

Jezza

Right kickback free reign.

Have an iPod touch and an old I phone not much into camera just usibility.

Used to work for Samsung the galaxy's look smart but why anything over the new iPhone?

Cheers.

Serj Tankian

Have a HTC sensation XL and when the contracts up its back to Iphone the sensation is ok but the iphone is better .

Sorry dinnae want arguments or such just want to know what is the best user friendly phone on the market lord cheers I might feel a little ripped off I got another touch recently but if I had two touches and one iPhone it may be best to go for it.

I've got a Samsung Nexus and its shit.

It keeps crashing and making calls is almost impossible to certain people as it just shuts down.

Stay clear.

Whys the Samsung phone priciest? The apps suck ass. Camera?

The camera is superb I must admit. HD. :thumbsup:

Better call Saul

One year left on my contract ..most frustrating ..the new galaxy s3 looks a nice bit of kit .

The Old Tolbooth

I love the Iphone and I've only had it for a few months now, it's so easy to use and understand, it's basically fool proof (and it needs to be for me!)

Arthur Morgan

Anything but the iphone mate, don't be a sheep! :P Go for either the HTC One X or the Samsung S3 :thumbsup: Those 2 are the best on the market atm.

HTC One is an absolute brick, decent phone but its far too big for my liking.

I loved my HTC Desire S but then I got drunk and lost it. Stuck with an HTC Wildfire and its utter shite.

If I was actually going to use it a lot i'd just get an iPhone but the cheapest contract for the Siri is ?36/month and I dont use my phone that much. My Desire S was free and was on a ?20/month contract as soon as it came out.

I've got the HTC One X and I absolutely love it :thumbsup: Think my iPhone loving flatmate is a wee bit jealous of it but not wanting to say... :whistling:

This type of thread always descends into folk recommending the latest HTC, Samsung or iPhone. Infact, scrap that last one. All folk ever say, no matter what time of the year and whether the latest model has just been released, is that they should "go for the new HTC/Samsung, either that or wait for the next iPhone."

The honest truth is that all androids are pretty much the same and it comes down to aesthetics such as size, memory personal loyalties.

I'd go for the Samsung Galaxy S3, I've had the S for about 2 years and it is a fantastic phone. Either that or wait for the next iPhone. :thumbsup:

Stewart MacD

I too am pondering a new phone. I use an iMac desktop at home and have an iPod nano, but don't want to be tied to the brand.

Choice was between HTC and Samsung but don't want ghastly Beats headphones.

New Galaxy SIII is too expensive for my liking and the amount of use I will make of it, but the SII is now on special with Vodafone (Aust) @ $0 on a $39 plan, online purchase $29.

I don't do games - just want phone calls (oh?), sms, great camera and internet/skype. Need to get KB when not home.

Can I use this as a wifi modem for my cheap tablet?

Wise move or not? (Voda have had a bad press re:coverage, but are spending big here now.

Guest C00l K1d

I've got an iphone the now previously had a samsung galaxy (the first one)

While i prefer the iphone software, you really can't beat the design of the samsung galaxys, especially the S2. It's like a feather compared to the iphone and the screen is much bigger.

I'm going to stick with iphones for a bit but i wouldn't make a decision on getting a new one until the iphone5 specs are released

It will probably look more or less like this though

250px-IPhone_4S_No_shadow.png

Captain Price

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is what I have at the moment, and it is spectacular. At first it is a bit hard to get used to, but once you are familiar with it it is one brilliant piece of kit. I would assume that the Galaxy S3 will have the same and more to offer. Go for that you wont be dissapointed.

These things are pretty straight forward Jezza. If you are a scaff get an Android handset, if you prefer a touch of class get the iPhone. With the iPhone you will also get the best apps and the best os.

Went for the 4s. Already like the format with my SkyGo etc and I can't be bothered learning the android market at this time. Cheers for the advice though.

Went for the 4s. Already like the format with my SkyGo etc and I can't be bothered learning the android market at this time. Cheers for the advice though.

Learning the market :unsure:

dodethejambo

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Note and it great,

yes its big but it brillant for watching tv, videos and taken pictures, and has all the apps for to be used as a mini laptop

:thumbsup:

I have a HTC Sensation. Liked it at first but since ICS update its really clunky and buggy. Also my sky go now doesn't work since update. It's just Android seems so fragmented and in all honesty I just want to be able to lift pics ,music and vids etc easily between devices. It's getting to stage where I'm considering going back to an iPhone. Some of the issues may be my lack of tech know how but I just want things to work without having to pish around.

Jed The Jedi

I have a HTC Sensation. Liked it at first but since ICS update its really clunky and buggy. Also my sky go now doesn't work since update. It's just Android seems so fragmented and in all honesty I just want to be able to lift pics ,music and vids etc easily between devices. It's getting to stage where I'm considering going back to an iPhone. Some of the issues may be my lack of tech know how but I just want things to work without having to pish around.

Try this robbo, works on my XE

My link

Try this robbo, works on my XE

My link

Cheers for that. Gave it a go but wouldn't let me download as "not from market". I'm not tech savvy. My phone is a Vodafone one so does that have a bearing?

Chaka Demus & pliers

Cheers for that. Gave it a go but wouldn't let me download as "not from market". I'm not tech savvy. My phone is a Vodafone one so does that have a bearing?

Have you allowed the download of non market apps? Try Settings, Security and Unknown sources

Have you allowed the download of non market apps? Try Settings, Security and Unknown sources

Cheers,I'll give that a go..

Seemingly the iPhone5 will have a smaller connector making all accessories useless.No word yet if they will make an adaptor for older models.

I have had an HTC Desire for a while now.More than happy with it.Easy to use and a great for watching movies and playing music.

These things are pretty straight forward Jezza. If you are a scaff get an Android handset, if you prefer a touch of class get the iPhone. With the iPhone you will also get the best apps and the best os.

I think you got that round the wrong way pal! Lol

Sent from my classy HTC Desire hd

Arthur Morgan

I've just ordered the new samsung galaxy S3. Hopefully i'll get used to the size of it. :unsure:

Good choice :thumbsup: That or the HTC One X are cracking phones (the best 2 on the market) and you can't go wrong with either.

Radioactive Mince

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Note and it great,

yes its big but it brillant for watching tv, videos and taken pictures, and has all the apps for to be used as a mini laptop

:thumbsup:

I've got an 18 month old HTC Desire at the moment. My Mrs has an iPhone of some kind, much newer than mine, 3Gs or the newer one I think. I can't use her phone - seems like everything's so slow, awkward and feels as though you need to bash the screen to get it to do anything.

Anyway, my screen's burst and the Wi-Fi won't connect after several drops (wife's has been dropped 3 times and screen smashed each time...), so I'm getting a replacement from my insurance. Girl I know who works in mobile phones reckons they'll give me a HTC One S or X. If it's anything like my Desire, I'll be chuffed to bits.

However, my contract ends in October so, when renewal time comes, I'm going to go for a Note. That way I can choose which phone to take on which particular outing. Won't be taking the Note to the fitba' for example :thumbsup:

ps - No need to run out of battery or memory WHEN THEY'RE REMOVABLE :whistling:

Bert Le Clos

Got the Smasung Galaxy S2. It's a bit fidldy to use at frist, but when you work out how to use it it's pertty good. Only porbelm for me is the kyebaord for wirtnig tetxs/emials. Qutie easy to mis-type. My tetxs are alawys full of seplilng mistaeks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

kingantti1874

download swiftkey or a different keyboard

have the one x at the moment...android still not as polished as ios but cant go back to a small screen... Very nice phone

like the look of wp8...

I just got rid of my iPhone and bought a Galaxy S 3. Best piece of equpment ive ever owned and im a proper gadget freak. Everything about it, speed, look, feel, customisability (is that a word???)... It's the perfect phone. I was worried it was going to be too big at first but the phone itself is exactly the same size as the wife's One X just the screen is bigger. I love it! Also, will NEVER go back to Apple.

I've got an 18 month old HTC Desire at the moment. My Mrs has an iPhone of some kind, much newer than mine, 3Gs or the newer one I think. I can't use her phone - seems like everything's so slow, awkward and feels as though you need to bash the screen to get it to do anything.

Anyway, my screen's burst and the Wi-Fi won't connect after several drops (wife's has been dropped 3 times and screen smashed each time...), so I'm getting a replacement from my insurance. Girl I know who works in mobile phones reckons they'll give me a HTC One S or X. If it's anything like my Desire, I'll be chuffed to bits.

However, my contract ends in October so, when renewal time comes, I'm going to go for a Note. That way I can choose which phone to take on which particular outing. Won't be taking the Note to the fitba' for example :thumbsup:

ps - No need to run out of battery or memory WHEN THEY'RE REMOVABLE :whistling:

You wont like the one x or one s then as they dont have removable batteries :P

Naecups1902

Don't get an htc desire, they are truly pish. Got given one by work

How's that??

I have one and they are great, what don't you like about them.

Stewart MacD

Just ordered the SII as it's on special (with the SIII out now)

Doubtless I will be sending this thread back to the top with queries about skyping and cheap net use/linking it to my cheap tablet.

The first thing I will use it for will be firing off letters to the Sydney morning herald as I savour my morning coffee. Last phone was a Samsung 480i, their prototype for smart phones, so not really equipped for instant access to such things.

Looking forward to the camera.

Arthur Morgan

I just got rid of my iPhone and bought a Galaxy S 3. Best piece of equpment ive ever owned and im a proper gadget freak. Everything about it, speed, look, feel, customisability (is that a word???)... It's the perfect phone. I was worried it was going to be too big at first but the phone itself is exactly the same size as the wife's One X just the screen is bigger. I love it! Also, will NEVER go back to Apple.

Good man :thumbsup: HTC One X or the Samsung Galaxy S3 is the way to go.

Got just under a year before I can upgrade, will be probably be looking at the Windows 8 version of the Samsung Galaxy S3, really like my current Omnia so will stick with Samsung and just hope that I don't need to revert to android to do so!

How's that??

I have one and they are great, what don't you like about them.

Quite a high number (including mine) had overheating and random reboot issues, sent it to HTC to be fixed and they blamed a tiny dent in the case as being the cause so that I would need to pay for accidental damage to be fixed (despite the fact that the issue was happening before I dropped the phone and was a common fault with the phone). They wanted nearly a hundred bucks to fix it or 30 to return it to me unfixed.

Will never buy another HTC no matter how good the spec.

Radioactive Mince

You wont like the one x or one s then as they dont have removable batteries :P

Oh... :mellow:

I'm really not very up on these things. I normally get them pretty late. Bit nippy though - I've got two batteries for my desire. :)

EDIT: I'd love an S3 for my 'main' phone but doubt I'll get that choice from an insurance job on such an old phone :( Perhaps, though, it might be voucher-type settlement, whereby I could put a wee bit cash towards one.

Anybody know how Bank of Scotland Ultimate Reward insurance normally works?

I've got an HTC Desire S which I've had for just over a year, I am happy enough with it and will probably stick with Android when I upgrade a few months time. That said, I saw the Nokia Lumia demonstrated in Phones 4 U recently when my girlfriend was getting the IPhone 4s and really liked the look of the interface.

Archived