Jason Thomson

Goodfella

How was he yesterday? I didn't see the match and was just wondering if their is a Robbie Neilson beater in the making there?

He done okay, nothing great and no real mistakes.

Don't think he is the answer to our right back problems though, still need to bring someone in and use Thomson as back-up.

didn't really do much, but didn't really put a foot wrong either

my thoughts also. Also - he seemed to have a good throw in as well!

Mild-Mannered James

He didn't have a great deal to do defensively. He seemed keen on moving forward, but the midfield didn't use him as much as they could have. Noticeably faster than Robbie.

my thoughts also. Also - he seemed to have a good throw in as well!

Aye, it actually seemed to have pace and power and pose a bit of a threat to the opposition, unlike Robbie's 2mph lobs.

I think Thomson can be pleased with his performance yesterday. Didn't do anything wrong and did what he was asked to do. The extra things, namely attacking up the right flank and supporting the winger, will come with experience.

Wouldn't mind seeing him a lot more over the next few games and into next season.

Thought he did exactly what he was told to do and didn't put a foot wrong. Most of the attacking was done on the left side of the park and we didn't get to see him in a forward position too often.

Drylaw Hearts

Don't think he is the answer to our right back problems though, still need to bring someone in and use Thomson as back-up.

Agreed.

Sums up his performance.

You missed one thing though.

He did mange to keep any 'line' balls in play.

Thought he swowed a tidy touch on several occasions and looked like he was comfortable with the ball at his feet without doing anything outstanding. But hey comfortable on the ball is progress from Robbie. Two positve debuts from both youngsters.

Maroon 1874
He didn't have a great deal to do defensively. He seemed keen on moving forward, but the midfield didn't use him as much as they could have. Noticeably faster than Robbie.

Agreed! but has to sharpen up on one point (which Robbie does well)

1. headed the ball when he could have let it go out for a goal kick, instead gave away a needless corner (first half) although team mates around him should have communicated this = lack of tactical awareness

2. (2nd half) Banksie shouting at him to recieve the ball after a Midden attack only to have his back towards him as he runs forward = lack of tactical awareness

overall seemed solid to me but the above will come if he is given the chance to build on yesterday's game 6/10

Jambof3tornado

Thought he gave a good account of himself and will be good back up to Robbie next season when Tall is away!!!:)

he had a solid game. His positioning was a bit suspect at sometimes but overall he done well.

Hopefully he can continue to progress and take robbies place in the team.

Archived