'Last straw' mentality

Budgie.

It's clear through reading the many threads on here over the last year that a progression is happening.

More and more people are becoming disillusioned with the happenings at the club and its not because they are glory hunters and think we have a God given right to top six football as one poster suggested.

For me it boils down to different people having different breaking points. For some the breaking point was selling off our best players and replacing them with substandard players. For some people it was players like Ivaskevicius and Ksanevicius getting played every week despite not performing at all. For some it was our countless tactical ineptitudes this season.

I've had a season ticket for 10 years now and I know thats not as long as some people. I supported us through the highs of 97/98 with pleasure. Just as importantly I supported us through the lows of the following season where we needed an ex-hibee to provide the spark which helped us avoid relegation.

The difference between every other year and now is that every player wearing maroon was trying 100% to win every match. Some players didn't have the required skill but effort was always there. If someone wasn't pulling their weight they were dropped (by the manager:take note Vlad).

This season we see only certain individuals try while others keep their places. We are lied to and promises are made and broken so easily by those in charge.

My love of this club will never die but it is actually too painful to be a Hearts fan and attend games just now. I didn't want to go yesterday but forced myself but the spark has gone.

I won't be renewing my season ticket next season as I won't pay ?450 to have weekly pain and discomfort and frustration. I will return when we have a proper manager in full charge of the team and absolutelyno interference from VR.

Until then I wish every Jambo all the best in their choices for next season as whether you renew or not, one thing is certain and that is that we love this club and probably always will.

Hopefully in 12 months time things will have returned to a normal footballing situation and we can all be together to make the Tynie roar.

BTB

I'm in the same position bud.

How long would you put up with an unfaithful partner who constantly muddies the waters, telling half truths or downright lies?

Not very long, certainly not as long as I've given the current Hearts regime.

I understand that people have very little to do in their lives except attend the football, I was one of those people, but with 2 children under the age of 2 I will be spending most weekends next season at the swimming pool, Blair Drummond or out with the dog and my boys on long walks.

In this instance it isn't really about money as I will spent hundreds more not going to games every second week, I will however still attend games now and then as to go 'cold turkey' would probably be too much.

It is so depressing that it has come to this but a fool and his money are easily parted, I am no longer going to play the fool.

I genuinely hope that I regret my decision and next season sees a reversal in fortunes with the whole club trying to push in the same direction, I sincerely hope so, but I doubt it very much.

Good luck to everyone next year and I hope I'm gutted to miss out.

:kiss2:

MacDonald Jardine
It's clear through reading the many threads on here over the last year that a progression is happening.

More and more people are becoming disillusioned with the happenings at the club and its not because they are glory hunters and think we have a God given right to top six football as one poster suggested.

For me it boils down to different people having different breaking points. For some the breaking point was selling off our best players and replacing them with substandard players. For some people it was players like Ivaskevicius and Ksanevicius getting played every week despite not performing at all. For some it was our countless tactical ineptitudes this season.

I've had a season ticket for 10 years now and I know thats not as long as some people. I supported us through the highs of 97/98 with pleasure. Just as importantly I supported us through the lows of the following season where we needed an ex-hibee to provide the spark which helped us avoid relegation.

The difference between every other year and now is that every player wearing maroon was trying 100% to win every match. Some players didn't have the required skill but effort was always there. If someone wasn't pulling their weight they were dropped (by the manager:take note Vlad).

This season we see only certain individuals try while others keep their places. We are lied to and promises are made and broken so easily by those in charge.

My love of this club will never die but it is actually too painful to be a Hearts fan and attend games just now. I didn't want to go yesterday but forced myself but the spark has gone.

I won't be renewing my season ticket next season as I won't pay ?450 to have weekly pain and discomfort and frustration. I will return when we have a proper manager in full charge of the team and absolutelyno interference from VR.

Until then I wish every Jambo all the best in their choices for next season as whether you renew or not, one thing is certain and that is that we love this club and probably always will.

Hopefully in 12 months time things will have returned to a normal footballing situation and we can all be together to make the Tynie roar.

BTB

The highlighted parts, if they are reasons for stopping supporting the club, suggest gloryhunting to me.

You can dress it up any way you want but most people are disillusioned because of results.

That may be true for many, but not for me.

I've followed numerous worse squads than this one, I was proud to follow my club then. The same can't be said anymore.

Hearts without the 'Heart' is so depressing to see.

I put a thread on here a few weeks ago - "What's your breaking point with Vlad?"

People need to distinguish between stopping paying up front for the right to a certain seat, stopping going to matches, and stopping supporting a specific football team ... they are different things.

"Breaking point" - I am sure only a tiny percentage would reach their breaking point and e.g. start going to see Hibs or anyone else.

It's about how long you are prepared to put up with the nonsense off the field, and the poor performances on the field, in my view.

The highlighted parts, if they are reasons for stopping supporting the club, suggest gloryhunting to me.

You can dress it up any way you want but most people are disillusioned because of results.

I dont think people are disillusioned because of results,i think they are fed up getting lied to,that guy was spot on wi everything he said,and before you call me a glory hunter i have had a season tick for 10 years and took ano one yesterday,but tell you wat ano year of watching the crap i'v just watched i wont be back either

I for one am not disillusioned with results

I am just peeved that a man is picking the team that knows less about football than me or any other poster on this board

Yet another effort from yourself to call other supporters "glory hunters".

You must love the other threads today re better fans and lesser fans, right up your alley eh!

HMFC is not being run like a football team, I would wager that is the main reason for fans disharmony.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Glory Hunters.

What a stupid phrase that is when talking about HMFC.

We have had 2 seasons of glory and decades of nothing. How can anyone label another Jambo a glory hunter?

A glory hunter is someone who supports Rangers/Celtic/Man Utd/Chelsea when they should be following their local team.

Took this from a wiki page:

A glory hunter is a term used towards people who are, or who are suspect to, supporting a particular football club due to its size, quality and/or popularity in the media.[citation needed] Glory hunters usually live outside the town where a particular team is from, and may, in fact, live in a different country altogether.

Glory hunting has arrived with the advent of regularly televised football, as people can see attractive and successful football being played by clubs all over the viewer's country. Many supporters adopt a 'second club' usually a successful one from another country. In terms of European clubs, many have gained a huge world-wide fanbase due to their success in the European Cup/Champions League.

Maybe that will help some people understand what a glory hunter is.

The point I would like to make is that everyone is disillusioned to a greater or less extent. There are no Vladsheep as some like to make out. No one is happy with what is happening.

However, if everyone stops buying season tickets, merchandising etc there is nothing surer than the club going under.

So, people have to decide what they really want. Do they hate Romanov more than they love Hearts?

What I would like to happen is that Romanov does come through with his promise to build a new stand etc. If he does this, then the "power" switches back to the fans. At that point the land is only worth what a football stadium is worth as a going concern (won't be too many interested parties) or the price a developer is willing to pay to knock it down and build houses.

To me it doesn't matter if Hearts debt at that point is ?80M as no one is going to pay that for the land for houses or for a football club.

So, I say stick with it for another couple of seasons. If by then there is no stand, then we're *****ed, but isn't it worth supporting the club for another couple of seasons even if you hate the owners?

I'm willing to waste a bit more dough for the sake of the club.

The point I would like to make is that everyone is disillusioned to a greater or less extent. There are no Vladsheep as some like to make out. No one is happy with what is happening.

However, if everyone stops buying season tickets, merchandising etc there is nothing surer than the club going under.

So, people have to decide what they really want. Do they hate Romanov more than they love Hearts?

What I would like to happen is that Romanov does come through with his promise to build a new stand etc. If he does this, then the "power" switches back to the fans. At that point the land is only worth what a football stadium is worth as a going concern (won't be too many interested parties) or the price a developer is willing to pay to knock it down and build houses.

To me it doesn't matter if Hearts debt at that point is ?80M as no one is going to pay that for the land for houses or for a football club.

So, I say stick with it for another couple of seasons. If by then there is no stand, then we're *****ed, but isn't it worth supporting the club for another couple of seasons even if you hate the owners?

I'm willing to waste a bit more dough for the sake of the club.

I disagree.

IMO, VR only understands money. IF the season tickets don't fly out the stores as predicted, he will try the tried and tested route of leaking "good news" stories to the press, in an effort to rustle up support. IF people STILL do not buy it and the season ticket sales do not pick up, I believe he will eventually relent and hire a proper manager or look to sell us.

As for our financial viability, VR owes himself ?40 Million, well, technically his mum but you know what I mean! As long as we are maintained by his bank we will not have a financial worry.

Big Husref, I disagree. Who is going to buy us? Where were they before? I'm as ****ed off as anyone, but think it is worth sticking it out until the point where the power shifts back to us. At the moment Vlad has us by the short and curlies, and all the time there is no new stand he can do what Cala wanted. Then we're really donald ducked. I saying give it a couple of years more support. What will it have cost you for the potential to save the club? A thousand quid? i think it's worth that gamble.

I disagree.

IMO, VR only understands money. IF the season tickets don't fly out the stores as predicted, he will try the tried and tested route of leaking "good news" stories to the press, in an effort to rustle up support. IF people STILL do not buy it and the season ticket sales do not pick up, I believe he will eventually relent and hire a proper manager or look to sell us.

As for our financial viability, VR owes himself ?40 Million, well, technically his mum but you know what I mean! As long as we are maintained by his bank we will not have a financial worry.

Dougie Vipond

I personally don't think Vlad would care to much about people not renewing. As I have said elsewhere....3000 protests at ?400 is nothing to a millionaire/billionaire.

I also believe protest is more effective from within. Constructive protest because as many others point he has us by the nuts.

Although I also wonder if this isn't last-ditch time.

I will renew....a sort of "go down with the ship" if nothing else...

The Old Tolbooth
I personally don't think Vlad would care to much about people not renewing. As I have said elsewhere....3000 protests at ?400 is nothing to a millionaire/billionaire.

I also believe protest is more effective from within. Constructive protest because as many others point he has us by the nuts.

I'm one of the "I'm not renewing until I see evidence of a manager being put in place" brigade, however I also think that if enough fans dont renew, then it gives Vlad the best excuse yet to sell up and walk away, blaming the fans in the process.

It could be a double edged sword!

Big Husref, I disagree. Who is going to buy us? Where were they before? I'm as ****ed off as anyone, but think it is worth sticking it out until the point where the power shifts back to us. At the moment Vlad has us by the short and curlies, and all the time there is no new stand he can do what Cala wanted. Then we're really donald ducked. I saying give it a couple of years more support. What will it have cost you for the potential to save the club? A thousand quid? i think it's worth that gamble.

What VR showed in the first year was that if things go well, there is a huge market for Hearts fans. Fans turned up in their droves, I would imagine that sales from the club shop were high also, in general we were thriving.

I read from a poster on here that has access to more info than I that there are now other interested parties, none of them plumbers ;) I honestly do not think he would be left with an unwanted club if he were to decide to sell up. That is something that neither of us can prove though, you cannot prove that we wouldn't find a buyer, I cannot prove that we would find a buyer. I guess we are just gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for the stand, I do think that it will come. I honestly do not think that is in danger. The only thing I can imagine happening is Rodney's threat to build a "cheaper" stand, although, I don't see that as being as financially viable as the option we already know about.

As for a thousand pounds, if you were offering me hope that our club would return to being a football club I would do it, other than blind hope, I see no reason to suggest that is the case. Out of interest though, did you say this last year? Did you say "give it a couple of years" at the start of the 2006/2007 season? Also, just out of interest, what would you say at the start of the 2010 season if the current situation continues? ANOTHER couple of years? Or would you then have another option?

I believe that the only thing he will understand is money not coming in, I believe I AM doing my bit to try to save our club. What you do is entirely up to yourself, I am not one of those that feels the need to attack others for not doing it my way. Not a dig at you btw.

Exactly what do you have in mind? Are you suggesting some sort of vocal/visual protest at a match? If so, given he is so rarely here, I find that less likely to change things than hitting him in the pocket.

As for the value of the protest, remember, this is the man that haggles for all of our transfer deals, refusing to sell players for a penny less than their value.

The Romanovs will keep extracting the urine until the fans unite in a cohesive fashion and boycott season tickets and merchandise. I don't have it in me to give these charlatans anymore money, which as Hearts and Vladimir/UBIG are essentially one financially, is what i'd be doing. Personally it's the only way i can show my disgust with the board/owners and if i did'nt do that i'd have no self-respect.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
The Romanovs will keep extracting the urine until the fans unite in a cohesive fashion and boycott season tickets and merchandise. I don't have it in me to give these charlatans anymore money, which as Hearts and Vladimir/UBIG are essentially one financially, is what i'd be doing. Personally it's the only way i can show my disgust with the board/owners and if i did'nt do that i'd have no self-respect.

I agree but it's never going to happen is it.

Christ, there are still folk on here who think Romanov will turn good!

I'm not sure what it will take for people to boycott or do something which sends out a message.

Can't really criticise people who choose to go and support the team but I look at other sets of fans and they certainly wouldn't take this crap lying down like we are at the moment.

Dougie Vipond
Exactly what do you have in mind? Are you suggesting some sort of vocal/visual protest at a match? If so, given he is so rarely here, I find that less likely to change things than hitting him in the pocket.

As for the value of the protest, remember, this is the man that haggles for all of our transfer deals, refusing to sell players for a penny less than their value.

This is also the man who has run up debts of ?36m to his own bank....presumably for a reason he is comfortable with despite no obvious way of Hearts ever returning that money.

I think the only way a season ticket protest would work is if it had been organised so that no one - relatively speaking - renewed.

At the moment we have maybe a 50/50 split

As for protests then yes I do go with continued and high-profile protest. That contrasts to giving up a season ticket which may be bought anyway?

grumpyjambo
This is also the man who has run up debts of ?36m to his own bank....presumably for a reason he is comfortable with despite no obvious way of Hearts ever returning that money.

I think the only way a season ticket protest would work is if it had been organised so that no one - relatively speaking - renewed.

At the moment we have maybe a 50/50 split

As for protests then yes I do go with continued and high-profile protest. That contrasts to giving up a season ticket which may be bought anyway?

As it stands at the moment I think that 75% of season tickets will be sold next season which means that Vlad wont even miss the money.

As regards another interested party, the club was in better shape financially than it is now and Romanov was the only one interested enough to buy the club. The potential you talk about has always been there, but nobody has been prepared to invest the money required to unlock it other than Romanov.

If you believe the stand will be built, surely after it is built is the time to protest. At that point he is most exposed financially and withholding season ticket money means something.

I don't believe withholding season ticket money at the moment will do anything to sway Romanov, but it might bring about our demise quicker in my opinion, by giving him the excuse to sell the ground etc.

What VR showed in the first year was that if things go well, there is a huge market for Hearts fans. Fans turned up in their droves, I would imagine that sales from the club shop were high also, in general we were thriving.

I read from a poster on here that has access to more info than I that there are now other interested parties, none of them plumbers ;) I honestly do not think he would be left with an unwanted club if he were to decide to sell up. That is something that neither of us can prove though, you cannot prove that we wouldn't find a buyer, I cannot prove that we would find a buyer. I guess we are just gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for the stand, I do think that it will come. I honestly do not think that is in danger. The only thing I can imagine happening is Rodney's threat to build a "cheaper" stand, although, I don't see that as being as financially viable as the option we already know about.

As for a thousand pounds, if you were offering me hope that our club would return to being a football club I would do it, other than blind hope, I see no reason to suggest that is the case. Out of interest though, did you say this last year? Did you say "give it a couple of years" at the start of the 2006/2007 season? Also, just out of interest, what would you say at the start of the 2010 season if the current situation continues? ANOTHER couple of years? Or would you then have another option?

I believe that the only thing he will understand is money not coming in, I believe I AM doing my bit to try to save our club. What you do is entirely up to yourself, I am not one of those that feels the need to attack others for not doing it my way. Not a dig at you btw.

Archived