Oleg Protasov and Piotr Nowak

dj-noisy

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hearts/hearts-offer-sizeable-pacakage-as-coaches-show-interest-1-2347129

Protasov, 48, is eager to work in the UK having previously managed Olympiakos, Steaua Bucharest and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk. A Ukrainian who also speaks Russian, Greek and English, he is a former manager of the year in Greece. He is particularly interested in the Hearts position and has made it known he is not seeking a large salary.

Nowak is currently head coach of Philadelphia Union in the United States. He is 47 and has managed DC United and worked as an assistant coach with the USA national team. He speaks Polish, English, German, Russian and Turkish, and was twice named manager of the year in the United States

http://www.scotsman....erest-1-2347129

Protasov, 48, is eager to work in the UK having previously managed Olympiakos, Steaua Bucharest and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk. A Ukrainian who also speaks Russian, Greek and English, he is a former manager of the year in Greece. He is particularly interested in the Hearts position and has made it known he is not seeking a large salary.

Nowak is currently head coach of Philadelphia Union in the United States. He is 47 and has managed DC United and worked as an assistant coach with the USA national team. He speaks Polish, English, German, Russian and Turkish, and was twice named manager of the year in the United States

Protasov for me. Looks the far more stylish of the pair. Nowak is the polo shirt tucked into a high belted pair of slacks kind of guy.

scott herbertson

Protasov was in charge when Dnipro humped Hibs 5-1.

That doesn't tell us much really though - has he any notable victories against decent sides on his record?

colinmaroon

Protasov for me. Looks the far more stylish of the pair. Nowak is the polo shirt tucked into a high belted pair of slacks kind of guy.

Just like a Baptist deacon!!! :whistling:

Game was played in September ' 05 when Yevhen Kucherevskyi was coach, Protasov took over in March '06. ninja.gif

http://www.scotsman....erest-1-2347129

Depends what he calls a large salary, according to wikipedia he was offered 800.000 euros for a two year stint in Greece

Chris Benoit

Game was played in September ' 05 when Yevhen Kucherevskyi was coach, Protasov took over in March '06. ninja.gif

I'm out :down:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Both are very interesting cases. Impressive CV's but would imagine Protasov being the more likely due to Nowak currently being employed and I can't imagine us paying compensation for somebody, but you never know.

Not heard of either of them but we'd not heard of Sergio either and we all know how that turned out :thumbsup:.

Bert Le Clos

Can Protasov pull of a cardie?

Guest GhostHunter

Protasov looks and smells like a VR appointment. Given we're not going to pay compensation we will need to get someone who has been sacked...like Sergio. :cool_shades:

But but... Romanov doesnt care anymore....

All roads lead to Gorgie

But how did they do in the next round: that's what I need to know :unsure:

Italian Lambretta

The most important criteria is that Oleg Protasov works with the Paulo Sergio song :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts
However, Couceiro may feel discussing a job which belonged to his good friend Sergio is not a move worth making.

Hmmmm....

Lack of research on this one.

Couceiro took over from PS when he was pumped by Sporting after only 17 games.

Hard to say if either of these guys could do a good job or not.

One thing is sure, JKB will be a battlefield if an East European gets the job.

it will be another faceless puppet wot comes in and wins our next scottish cup. i'm furious.

Italian Lambretta

Scottish Cups are so last month it's someone who can deliver the Holy Grail we want.

it will be another faceless puppet wot comes in and wins our next scottish cup. i'm furious.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I'm gonna wait for the 1st defeat before commenting on who should be manager.

Bert Le Clos

Only if he got it drunk first.

:orly:

Sounds like he'd be better suited to the Hibs job.

brunoatemyhamster

Leaning toward's Protasov of those two.GREAT goalscoring record as a player,All his managerial experience is in Europe,potentially has decent contacts for a loan or two.

If only he could pull off the cardie,he'd be sorted.

I like the scary stare. Very useful to JKB.

Don't know zip about either(no i'm not a journalist) but would take either going by the article. We want a hungry manager,someone who wants to get to to the EPL. Both have good CV's.

brunoatemyhamster

Looks like he's got potential to pull it off

Yeah, But in an incredible Hulk style rage!

The more i check this guy out,the more he fit's in with the Vlad manager Mould.

Bit of the Valdas about him....

Tommy Wiseau

if he's a yes man, it probably will be

:vrface: X a million

I'd like to get Lee Clark as the next manager, but I doubt we could afford him.

And after being binned by the Huddersfield owner I don't think working for Vlad would endear him to the job.

PsychocAndy

Whoever has the least visible eyebrows please.

The_razors_edge

I'd like to get Lee Clark as the next manager, but I doubt we could afford him.

And after being binned by the Huddersfield owner I don't think working for Vlad would endear him to the job.

Clark's a good shout but highly unlikely

Northernsoulboy01

Clark's a good shout but highly unlikely

If you take into account the budget Clark had at Huddersfield and failed to win them promotion,then it could be said hes at best unproven,at worst a failure.

He wont get a hefty budget at Hearts (nor a Jordan Rhodes).

Not for me. :down:

If you take into account the budget Clark had at Huddersfield and failed to win them promotion,then it could be said hes at best unproven,at worst a failure.

He wont get a hefty budget at Hearts (nor a Jordan Rhodes).

Not for me. :down:

He did sign Jordan Rhodes from the Ipswich reserves though which would suggest that he has an eye for a player, and can improve those players. Fair enough he never got promotion, but his team were unbeaten for donkeys. He won't need to win promotion with Hearts, just improve the youngsters from the academy. All irrelevant though as I just can't see him coming for various reasons.

However, this is the type of manager we should be looking at - not your Jimmy Calderwoods or Mark McGhee's.

Fermit the Krog

Probably never met Vlad in his life but is Eastern European and linked with the Hearts job so automatically is a 'yes man'?

I'm not going to lie - you're all disgusting arseholes.

Tommy Wiseau

Probably never met Vlad in his life but is Eastern European and linked with the Hearts job so automatically is a 'yes man'?

I'm not going to lie - you're all disgusting arseholes.

This. In 2012 as well. Vlad Stupid times a billion.

Archived