Hearts chasing Niculae

vegas-voss

Hearts in pole position to sign Niculae.

In todays Star.It says he is ICT's highest earner on about ?4000 a week but that Hearts have jumped to the head of the queue for the 26yr old.ICT have said they have had one or two enquires but no definte offers but things may move on in the coming weeks.It says Hearts are willing to pay the ?200,000 ICT want for him.

I think he would be great signing for us and surely a much better player for young Glen to develop alongside than Nade.I would be happy if we get him and the Airdrie player in for starters.

Make of the story what you want just passing on the info.

maroonlegions
Hearts in pole position to sign Niculae.

In todays Star.It says he is ICT's highest earner on about ?4000 a week but that Hearts have jumped to the head of the queue for the 26yr old.ICT have said they have had one or two enquires but no definte offers but things may move on in the coming weeks.It says Hearts are willing to pay the ?200,000 ICT want for him.

I think he would be great signing for us and surely a much better player for young Glen to develop alongside than Nade.I would be happy if we get him and the Airdrie player in for starters.

Make of the story what you want just passing on the info.

mmm, will be interesting if more quality papers have anything on this if not then this could be made up non-sense from the Star but will reserve judgment .

mmm, will be interesting if more quality papers have anything on this if not then this could be made up non-sense from the Star but will reserve judgment .

Yeah i know i liked the Star for Hearts stories the last couple of seasons but it seems they have a new titbit Hearts everyday none of which happen.As i say though just passing on the info.

maroonlegions
Yeah i know i liked the Star for Hearts stories the last couple of seasons but it seems they have a new titbit Hearts everyday none of which happen.As i say though just passing on the info.

point taken but if it has any foundation could be a good signing eh.;)

I`d rather see this guy in a Hearts shirt, than most of the donkeys & mercenaries we`ve had the displeasure of watching in the shirtd this season.

point taken but if it has any foundation could be a good signing eh.;)

Well games i have seen him in he has certainly shown alot more graft and determination than Nade.

I`d rather see this guy in a Hearts shirt, than most of the donkeys & mercenaries we`ve had the displeasure of watching in the shirtd this season.

Nade thinks he is big time and Niculaue was big time.Difference is Niculuae although not the player he was through injury still shows the hunger to try and be the player he was.Good SPL striker that i think the likes of Glen and the other young kids could learn from.

Jambof3tornado
Well games i have seen him in he has certainly shown alot more graft and determination than Nade.

Its not difficult to show more graft and determination than Nade though is it??;)

Its another 4k a week wage. I would wait and see if we are looking at anyone else before getting excited about Nic. I think Hearts could get him for less coz isnt his wage being paid by the company of the chap who is leaving ICT??

Its not difficult to show more graft and determination than Nade though is it??;)

Its another 4k a week wage. I would wait and see if we are looking at anyone else before getting excited about Nic. I think Hearts could get him for less coz isnt his wage being paid by the company of the chap who is leaving ICT??

I don't think we would get him for any less wages but i think we could get him alot cheaper than the ?200,000 ICT want seeing as he will be going into the last year of his contract.

Dirk Diggler

Havent seen much of him, I know he's been scoring a few goals though.

Him on 4k a week or Nade on 4 times as much?

Hmmm.

Drylaw Hearts

Niculea doesn't have a particuarly impressive domestic goal scoring record although it is impressive at International level.

I think he would be a better options than Nade, Makela and Elliot though.

And probably on less money than any of them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Again, this should be left up to an incoming manager. However, if it is to be Frail, why don't they front up about it?

Oh wait! They know ST's wouldn't be renewed.

Niculea doesn't have a particuarly impressive domestic goal scoring record although it is impressive at International level.

I think he would be a better options than Nade, Makela and Elliot though.

And probably on less money than any of them.

How many has he got for ICT this season 12 or something ?

In fact must be more than that as he scored a hatrick two weeks in a row earlier in the season did he not.

Likes scoring against the Hibs aswell his first two goals came in a 2-0 for ICT against Hibs.

Drylaw Hearts
How many has he got for ICT this season 12 or something ?

In fact must be more than that as he scored a hatrick two weeks in a row earlier in the season did he not.

8 goals in 29 SPL matches.

No Hatricks but 3 2's.

He has actually only scored in 5 SPL matches.

8 goals in 29 SPL matches.

No Hatricks but 3 2's.

He has actually only scored in 5 SPL matches.

Is that counting his one yesterday as wiki has it as 9

Drylaw Hearts
Is that counting his one yesterday as wiki has it as 9

Yes.

2 v Hibs in December

2 v Killie in December

2 v Gretna in January

1 v Celtic in February

1 v Killie yesterday

He also scored 2 v Arbroath in the LC back in August.

Yes.

2 v Hibs in December

2 v Killie in December

2 v Gretna in January

1 v Celtic in February

1 v Killie yesterday

He also scored 2 v Arbroath in the LC back in August.

Makela's goals against **** count so by my reckoning so does his 10 for the season then.Goal every 3 games or something not too bad.Don't think the ?200,000 asking fee is realistic though.

I am amazed that Ict can afford ?4000 per week for one player ,

They are not actually paying him.Well at least not all of it a sponsor is paying most of his wages.

Drylaw Hearts
Makela's goals against **** count so by my reckoning so does his 10 for the season then.Goal every 3 games or something not too bad.Don't think the ?200,000 asking fee is realistic though.

Only scoring in 5 SPL matches is a unimpressive stat though.

Drylaw Hearts
They are not actually paying him.Well at least not all of it a sponsor is paying most of his wages.

The sponsor was on Board or something but resigned a couple of weeks back IIRC.

I think this is the reason he'll be leaving.

Only scoring in 5 SPL matches is a unimpressive stat though.

Yeah it is he had a real purple patch for about a month when ICT won about 5 on the trot but he is in a toiling team.Is he not more than a goalscorer anyway because as you say his goal stats have never been great bar one season in Romania when he scored 20 but he has played at a really good level.

Was he not out for a while with an injury?

Missed the first month or so of the season aswell due to work permit trouble.All in it is 10 goals in 30 games not bad for his first season in a struggling team.If we could have a combination of goals from him,Glen and the guy from Airdrie(if we are after him)then i would be happy instead of just trying to rely on one guy.

boabyarsebiscuit

ICT are waiting until Euro 2008 to see if decent performances for Romania increase his value. If he really is available for 200k now, it's a bargain. Very good player whose recuperation from serious injury seems to have gone well.

Drylaw Hearts
Missed the first month or so of the season aswell due to work permit trouble.All in it is 10 goals in 30 games not bad for his first season in a struggling team.If we could have a combination of goals from him,Glen and the guy from Airdie(if we are after him)then i would be happy instead of just trying to rely on one guy.

He only missed the opening match of the Season.

I think we could do far better.

His record is not even as good as Colin Pish's.

No chance; we can all read papers.

Agreed. How many players have the Star/Mirror etc linked us to in the past few weeks? Does the story have any concrete quotes?

Agreed. How many players have the Star/Mirror etc linked us to in the past few weeks? Does the story have any concrete quotes?

It has quotes from the ICT supremo(as the paper calls it)saying they have had enjuires but nothing concrete but they expect that to change over the coming weeks.

The White Cockade

I don't see us signing anybody to be honest

Vlad's splashing the cash days seem to be over

looks like we'll be mid table and mediocre for the foreseeable future

I don't believe any of these stories in the papers as security round

the Romanov's is tighter than the KGB and since Vlad is the only one who decides on signings the papers can't possibly know

It has quotes from the ICT supremo(as the paper calls it)saying they have had enjuires but nothing concrete but they expect that to change over the coming weeks.

Ah. I still wouldn't read too much into it, though. Decent player becomes available, chairman states they've had enquiries, only club with money outside the OF, automatically linked. Think it's balls, tbh.

boabyarsebiscuit
Ah. I still wouldn't read too much into it, though. Decent player becomes available, chairman states they've had enquiries, only club with money outside the OF, automatically linked. Think it's balls, tbh.

There are teams in Portugal scouting him - it has been reported over there that scouts from a number of teams are hoping to look at him in Euro 2008. I would have to dig around for the link, it was possibly in "A Bola".

Whatever the case, ICT must sell him as the sponsor who pays Niculae's wages has resigned from the board and they can't pay him after the end of this season.

So he's going. But as Cornhill seems to be a major "ITK" poster I'll assume his assertion that we are not in the hunt is a correct one. Just hope he doesn't end up at Hibs.

He's played at a high level for Sporting Lisbon and Romania, and the Caley fans seem to really rate him despite his far from outstanding goalscoring record. He seems to be more of a goal creator than a goal scorer which could be important for Hearts, maybe someone to play just behind the striker? By the way, who is the Airdrie guy getting talked about?

The Old Tolbooth

I'd take him, he can play in the middle or wide left, or up front, pretty versatile and much better than some of the wage thiefs we have at present!

Don't know to much about him to be honest and have not seen enough of him to judge his ability. Despite this i am pretty confident he is better than the current huddies(clum) we have and seems pretty versatile.

I'd take him. I think this is the approach we should be going for - snapping up the better players from the other teams in the SPL. We obviously can offer better wages than any other team out with the SPL and the majority of them are better than what we have IMO.

Gigolo-Aunt

Have not really seen him enough to give a judgement on how good a player he is or not.

When you look at the clubs he has played for and his goalscoring record with a VERY good Nation - his career has taken a very bizarre turn in where he is plying his trade at the moment.

As it is in the Star I automatically assume this is pish.

I think he's a bit overrated but 200k would be a decent price to get him at and he may flourish at a bigger club with more potential for success.

Ibrahim Tall

Haha, said at the time when their chairman left we should go for him as i couldn't see them affording to keep him now. Hopefully it's true, with better quality of players around him like Nade and Kingston i think he'd be a great signing. Certainly alot better than Clum/Mole etc.

maroonedinoz
I am amazed that Ict can afford ?4000 per week for one player ,

I'm not sure we will be able to next season either..given the round of cost cutting we seem committed to

Ryan Gosling

He'd be worth the ?200k alone if he could get Copil settled, as I'm sure those who wath the 19s would agree.

Archived