GOING OUT OF BUSINESS WITH A WHIMPER?

maroonedinoz

maroonedinoz

This cut and paste from the comments section of the Scotsman is about as close to 100% of my thoughts as you get.

However, I am STILL surpsied/dismayed by the number of posts appearing on here under various threads along the lines of..'just do what you personally believe is the right way to go (renewing etc) , don't try and convince us on here otherwise!"

Don't you guys realise that COLLECTIVE and UNITED action is the only hope we have of surving?

Some accuse us of having been like ostriches..well now we seem to be metamorphasising from ostriches into lemmings......

Surely there is someone in Scotland with the drive and determination to fight the Romanovs publicly, and to whom Hearts supporters will rally around....

Below is the cut and paste job...

First, why is anyone surprised. From the moment Burley was axed, fans should have guessed things weren't right.

Let's look at the facts:

1. Debt has risen to crazy levels. These guys can't manage the finances. Hearts looks like it will be wound up - Gretna, Leeds Utd, etc.

2. Team has lost Scottish 'edge' - and is made up of disparate bunch of OK players, but with no motivation. From promising European Cup to the fans the Romanovs have delivered bottom six.

3. From a decent Manager (Burley - the guy's now our national coach) the Romanovs have descended into farce. No manager of quality will ever work at this club. Frail is a good guy in a difficult position - he'd be out if the right offer came along.But the writing was on the wall with appointments like Rix...

4. Sensible, grown up people have spoken up - Foulkes decided enough was enough. The people who are left are just their for their jobs - there is no loyalty. One described it as living in a 'Kafkaesque nighmare'.

5. I have seen these guys up close. They are cold, hard, no-nonesense Eastern European rich people - who have made money quickly out of the fall of the USSR. They bear no sentiment for the 'club' and the 'fans'. Roman's performance proves this. (Am I the only one who finds it laughable that the club is run by the son - the lad who clearly is just there due to nepotism?)

6. Whatever the plan was originally - (make money by selling showcasing Kaunas players in Europe...?) - that plan is dead and gone. Calling the SPL a fix is a joke - and as someone pointed out - we now here the exit strategy."It's not our fault - you are racists and ganging up on us and your league is a fix. We're off..."

This last one is the most worrying.

Prediction: within two years or less the Romanovs will exit. Wind up the club in a fit of pique, sell Tynecastle to recoup as much of the ?36m debt and go....

True Hearts fans have one option. Realise that the Romanovs are bad for their club. Force their exit asap

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hah! The Hootsmon comments page - the source of all erudite insight. :rolleyes:

So, this guy claims we're ****ed anyway so we should force them out! What a fantastic piece of logic that is!

Until someone forms a consortium somewhere and asks Vlad to name his price, "forcing them out" isn't feasible. It's his toy.

Dr Ian Malcolm
This cut and paste from the comments section of the Scotsman is about as close to 100% of my thoughts as you get.

However, I am STILL surpsied/dismayed by the number of posts appearing on here under various threads along the lines of..'just do what you personally believe is the right way to go (renewing etc) , don't try and convince us on here otherwise!"

Don't you guys realise that COLLECTIVE and UNITED action is the only hope we have of surving?

Some accuse us of having been like ostriches..well now we seem to be metamorphasising from ostriches into lemmings......

Surely there is someone in Scotland with the drive and determination to fight the Romanovs publicly, and to whom Hearts supporters will rally around....

First, why is anyone surprised. From the moment Burley was axed, fans should have guessed things weren't right.

Let's look at the facts:

1. Debt has risen to crazy levels. These guys can't manage the finances. Hearts looks like it will be wound up - Gretna, Leeds Utd, etc.

2. Team has lost Scottish 'edge' - and is made up of disparate bunch of OK players, but with no motivation. From promising European Cup to the fans the Romanovs have delivered bottom six.

3. From a decent Manager (Burley - the guy's now our national coach) the Romanovs have descended into farce. No manager of quality will ever work at this club. Frail is a good guy in a difficult position - he'd be out if the right offer came along.But the writing was on the wall with appointments like Rix...

4. Sensible, grown up people have spoken up - Foulkes decided enough was enough. The people who are left are just their for their jobs - there is no loyalty. One described it as living in a 'Kafkaesque nighmare'.

5. I have seen these guys up close. They are cold, hard, no-nonesense Eastern European rich people - who have made money quickly out of the fall of the USSR. They bear no sentiment for the 'club' and the 'fans'. Roman's performance proves this. (Am I the only one who finds it laughable that the club is run by the son - the lad who clearly is just there due to nepotism?)

6. Whatever the plan was originally - (make money by selling showcasing Kaunas players in Europe...?) - that plan is dead and gone. Calling the SPL a fix is a joke - and as someone pointed out - we now here the exit strategy."It's not our fault - you are racists and ganging up on us and your league is a fix. We're off..."

Prediction: within two years or less the Romanovs will exit. Wind up the club in a fit of pique, sell Tynecastle to recoup as much of the ?36m debt and go....

True Hearts fans have one option. Realise that the Romanovs are bad for their club. Force their exit asap

And then what? The one thing that does absolutely guarantee Hearts go down the tubes is Romanov buggering off without us having anyone to step in and continue to do what he/Ubig is currently doing - keeping us afloat.

Yes he's ballsed it up big style on the pitch but if we were due any other bank the amount we owe it woud have been called in long before now.

We're fecked with him, but for the time being we're even more fecked without him.

maroonedinoz

So, this guy claims we're ****ed anyway so we should force them out! What a fantastic piece of logic that is!

Until someone forms a consortium somewhere and asks Vlad to name his price, "forcing them out" isn't feasible. It's his toy.

This is typical of the very attitude I am talking about.

In years to come, when the question is asked over our demise around BBQs or diner tables as to "but why didn't the Hearts fans at least put up a bit of a fight and try to do something about it?"

what twill you say?

"It was too hard?"

davemclaren

In years to come, when the question is asked over our demise around BBQs or diner tables as to "but why didn't the Hearts fans at least put up a bit of a fight and try to do something about it?"

what twill you say?

"It was too hard?"

I don't think it's that simple tbh. If you do somehow force the Romanovs to exit and there is no one willing to buy then they will just do what you don't want them to do anyway - wind up the club.

It's a conundrum.

ArmiyaRomanova
And then what? The one thing that does absolutely guarantee Hearts go down the tubes is Romanov buggering off without us having anyone to step in and continue to do what he/Ubig is currently doing - keeping us afloat.

Yes he's ballsed it up big style on the pitch but if we were due any other bank the amount we owe it woud have been called in long before now.

We're fecked with him, but for the time being we're even more fecked without him.

And there's the rub. If Romanov spends is money on Hearts and doesn't achieve his longer term aims, we're likely to be back in a similar position to the one we were in before he arrived. Over and done with, playing elsewhere with few or no assets.

So why not get behind him whilst he's here - it's NOT a total given that he won't succeed, and the off-field development all looks very encouraging.

But one bad season and it seems that toys have been flung from some prams - just because the club's not being run to some folks exacting preferences/specifications.

In years to come, what will you say if Vlad does bring success to the club and you weren't there, and actually spent your time ineffectively carping instead?

Am I alone in finding it amusingly ironic that it's not the 'Vladsheep' who are doing all the bleating.

maroonedinoz
I don't think it's that simple tbh. If you do somehow force the Romanov's to exit and there is no one willing to buy then they will just do what you don't want them to do anyway - wind up the club.

It's a conundrum.

And that is the very reason we need a leader to work out a sensible strategy about finding alternative owners and unite the fans in what would be even a partial rearguard action.

At theh moment all I see is a disparate set of fans' views with no real vision turning on each other, possibly out of a feeling o fhplesness, instead of uniting ni som eway and turning on who are now clearly the enemy.

The French Undergroun didn't give up fighting against the nazi occupiers in the second world war just cos the going got tough and they were outgunned , and neither I suggest should we.

Geoff Kilpatrick

what twill you say?

"It was too hard?"

The fact is that the fans, on their own, can't do anything bar withold their cash to protest at how things are run.

Francis Albert

Ok. How? Without advancing your predicted outcome by a couple of years?

Ok. How? Without advancing your predicted outcome by a couple of years?

A question as pointless as the idea of removing Romanov. There isn't another option. He knows it, we know it.

Unless you're the OF there is no money to be made in Scottish football. Don't get me wrong though, Hearts is possibly the only other team with the exception of a unified Dundee team or even Aberdeen as the former would be far greater than the current two and both cities have money but unlikely to ever realise it.

No Romanov....options, bought out, AFC Hearts. That's really it. Unless he decides to write off all the debt, hand over the ground and with a firm handshake and a quick tango, shuffle off on his way.

Neither will happen, nor will the fantasy last option.

Romanov won't be driven out, unless he's taking Tynecastle with him and he won't listen to protest marches.

An empty ground might make him reconsider certain things but that is again as unlikely as the option ending in him tangoing out the door, maybe it will be a bit closer come August, but still unlikely.

There are no white knights, there are no money consortiums, there's no rescue package from a bank.

With no new manager come next season Hearts will spin that little bit faster down the plug hole as fans drift off, players leave and youth choose elsewhere to learn their trade.

All very doom & gloom sure, but can anyone really say it's not the case? Has Romanov done anything to prove otherwise? Stand plans aye, but delays and they could still falter. Manager talk aye, but Rodders pretty much saying "it's all Frail" and then both Romanov Snr and Jnr nowhere to be seen after a disastrous AGM and Vlad's talk off "I'll be at every Hearts game from now until end of season" forgotten about.

A leopard doesn't change it's spots, just can't see any manager worth his schizzle holding the scarf aloft and though Frail is nice enough, he's a long way off from a decent manager and if Vlad really meant business then that's what we would get, Frail is every bit a part of the pyramid as Riobovas, Valdas and Angel, just because he's an ex player and from our shores does not make him any better than the rest and none of them were good enough.

There ain't no viable options, so down to personal choice....pays yer money and takes yer chance, or spend your cash on something nice and take up golf. Protests just aren't worth talking about, Romanov has us by the balls and he knows it.

Boaby Ewing

Quite, Das Root, I have no problem with protesting, but I can't think of much to say beyond 'Romanov, you're a ******. Which isn't exactly productive.

As a dull aside, your username actually has a tiny Hearts connection... I watched Das Boot the other night with a Kraut and the scene where they get ****ed off over a German football result -- in the subtitles it's the national team IIRC -- is actually a Schalke result.

Let's look at the facts:

You're a ****ing genius. Why didn't nobody else think of this? :cool:

The problem with all the cries for protests and direct action etc. is that the suggestion always starts "somebody should". If the originator of the cry is serious why does he/she not become "somebody". As long as it is always prefaced by "somebody should" nobody will.

Only a Game

what twill you say?

"It was too hard?"

In the sense of fighting for the survival of the club we're on the Titanic. We've hit the iceberg and there's a big feckin hole in the side of us. The thing that stopped all the passengers jumping off at that stage (aside from the lack of lifeboat provision) was the thought, however remote the possibility and however less remote it became as things went on, that their chances of survival were much better served by staying on board. Jumping and fighting for survival was their last resort.

You wont get a body of Hearts fans fighting for the survival of the club from where we are now. They're still on board a still and lifeless ship with a big hole in it with their hopes pinned on the ever diminishing possibility that the ship wont go down and in fact the hole isnt really that big and we can still make it to port.The ship is unsinkable after all !! They're hoping like hell that they dont have to jump and try and survive despite all the signals around them telling them otherwise.

Only when it finally does go down will you get people who will stand up and fight. They wont be fighting for survival though. It will be too late. They'll be fighting for resurrection.

It is absolutely inevitable that we are going wherever Romanov takes us. he's the captain of the ship, he's responsible for the hole. There isnt another captain on board, certainly not one that the current captain is interested in handing the captaincy over to. So we're going down with Captain Romanov or he's going to pull something out the bag and miraculously save the ship. Its time to accept what the more likely of those two outcomes currently is and prepare to go swimming.

Let's look at the facts:

Good post, i know you feel for the club.

Geoff you completely out of order here.The above poster has seen someone else's post in the Scotsman that reflected his views and posted them.Ok he hasn't had as many posts as you, but he is allowed his opinion and if i may be so bold, the poster has some very valid points.

Only a Game

Could you fill us in on how we true Hearts fans go about this and what the likely consequences would be, in order of there likelyhood ?

I'm not a great one for taking action when you dont have some idea of what the consequences of that action would be.

grumpyjambo
The problem with all the cries for protests and direct action etc. is that the suggestion always starts "somebody should". If the originator of the cry is serious why does he/she not become "somebody". As long as it is always prefaced by "somebody should" nobody will.

Exactly! the fans were incapable of organising to get the pie man out, so how are we going to organise the fans this time? Not going to happen.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Dont know what everyone is getting steamed up for.

I am starting to find that the comments like these in the newspaper replies columns are more representative of all the "real" life Jambos views I know and that JKB seems to contain the views of the now fewer and fewer apologists for Romanov.

Going into work each day and talking to Jambos whilst looking over these columns certainly seem more in touch. JKB is treated with disdain.

And the OP is essentially right, we are going out with a whimper. We have to be the most complacent, spineless support in Scotland. Swaithes of comments and words about why we cant do anything.

We are heading for the knackery and we are ALL to blame.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Geoff you completely out of order here.The above poster has seen someone else's post in the Scotsman that reflected his views and posted them.Ok he hasn't had as many posts as you, but he is allowed his opinion and if i may be so bold, the poster has some very valid points.

I was talking about the comment on The Scotsman website, which specialises in drivel both in the stories and the comments. I wasn't talking about the OP so apologies for any confusion. What I do say though is that there are a lot of valid points within the e-mail but the conclusion is that Hearts are goosed because Romanov will leave. Therefore, chase him out meaning that he, er, will leave. It makes no logical sense and that's what I was having a pop at.

Is there anybody at all waiting in the wings to buy him out though ?

Would there not be a possibility of a consortium buying him out ( basically repaying his original outlay on the shares + a sweetner ) but with the club debt still being backed by UKIO BANKAS .............seeing as no UK bank would ever have allowed us to trade over the -?20m mark ?

scots civil war

after that debacle of an agm the other day,comes to light that next season should be another one of torment and turmoil for you lot out there who will be renewing their seaon tickets.

looking to youth to take over,when there isnt nearly enough of or indeed,any, quality coming through.gary glen excepted of course but check out john murrays comments recently.

keeping this idiotic stand thing goin on when they wont have the punters to fill it or be entertained in it under the present football policy

frail should be taking charge again next season,it makes sense for the paranoid baltic banker doesnt it....honestly,how can they keep coming up with this paranoid bollocks re getting a manager in and taking players away with him to another club.maybe if these sad lithuanians made the set up right in the first place,then nobody would want to ****ing leave hearts

at the present moment,and after the comments made by that arrogant dismissive offspring of the baltic banker.....who the hell would want to get involved with this regime,and who would be allowed in? someone with baggage perhaps,once more,like a rixxy.someone who will make the cringe factor sore to new heights ??

the only way to get this **** to change his face,imo, is not to renew.at least until the very last moment as money is what the baltic banker wants regardless .he has clearly set up hearts fc to be, a shop window in the transfer market.nothing more.its the only way we can collectively do something about our name being dragged thru the mud for longer and you know it

as long as the 4 million or so spondos that is generated by s.t sales keeps coming in,then he will do as he pleases

hit him where it hurts,because he has hurt the hearts supporter with his lies and arrogance and his systematic removal of our emotional tie to the club

YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE IN PUTTING THE SPINE BACK INTO THE HEARTS SUPPORT,DONT RENEW,MAKE A STAND AGAINST THIS REGIME

maroonedinoz

I am starting to find that the comments like these in the newspaper replies columns are more representative of all the "real" life Jambos views I know and that JKB seems to contain the views of the now fewer and fewer apologists for Romanov.

Going into work each day and talking to Jambos whilst looking over these columns certainly seem more in touch. JKB is treated with disdain.

And the OP is essentially right, we are going out with a whimper. We have to be the most complacent, spineless support in Scotland. Swaithes of comments and words about why we cant do anything.

This sessentially is one of my points...

I post to Kickback because I see it as a forum that enables me to reach (what I thought would be) like minded Hearts fans from 10,000 miles away.

I am reluctant to say it, but I now feel that many of the posts on here do NOT have a lot in common with what I thought would be the general view of your average jambo.

There seems far too much acceptance, defeatism and a plain downright 'can't be ersed' mentality.

I may have been away from Edinburgh for many years, but I still don't accept that the mood amongst most Hearts fans is simply to bend over, do nothing and accept the inevitable.

That has never been our way.

All I can say(and hope) is that as Freewheelin says, such sentiments are perhaps isolated to this forum.

And as for those who say..why don't I do somethng about starting a movement...well I would but for the obvious problem that I am at the other side of the world.

Just had a thought regarding ST renewals.

Is there a period i.e. now when they're available at a discount?

Is it too straw-clutchingly fanciful to suggest the appointment of a new manager will be made after the discount period is over...?

IMO Vlad's the only show in town :(

davemclaren

Depends where you work i suppose. :P

The problem imo is that there is no real tangible objective to focus on. Are we protesting to get the Romanovs to leave ( what then? ), to act more like we think they should ( what's that? ) or what?

Is the alternative to go out with a whimper or a noise? Personally I'd prefer something that didn't involve us 'going out' at all.

It's the same reason that I didn't get on board the 'must stay at Tynecastle' campaign at the end of the CPR days as I couldn't see a viable alternative to selling up to satisfy the bank. However an alternative did come along and I was happy enough to accept it though sceptical of the motives.

So, basically I'm not comfortable without knowing, and being in some agreement with, the end game of any protest/action.

Hope that's clear. :confused:

Anyway re OAG's analogy of the Titanic. I prefer the air crash in the deserted area one where all the experts always tell you make the best of what you have and sit tight and wait for rescue rather than strike out into the unknown. ;)

MacDonald Jardine

I don't find this site representative of people you meet either, but not in the way you mean.

So what do you suggest we do?

I supposed I could post some trite cliches along the lines of "we are the club" and "Heart of Midlothian FC are bigger than Vladamir Romanov" but what's the use.

CPR mismanaged us to a position where only a madman would be interested in our club. That's pretty much what we got.

Drew Busby !
Depends where you work i suppose. :P

The problem imo is that there is no real tangible objective to focus on. Are we protesting to get the Romanovs to leave ( what then? ), to act more like we think they should ( what's that? ) or what?

Is the alternative to go out with a whimper or a noise? Personally I'd prefer something that didn't involve us 'going out' at all.

It's the same reason that I didn't get on board the 'must stay at Tynecastle' campaign at the end of the CPR days as I couldn't see a viable alternative to selling up to satisfy the bank. However an alternative did come along and I was happy enough to accept it though sceptical of the motives.

So, basically I'm not comfortable without knowing, and being in some agreement with, the end game of any protest/action.

Hope that's clear. :confused:

Anyway re OAG's analogy of the Titanic. I prefer the air crash in the deserted area one where all the experts always tell you make the best of what you have and sit tight and wait for rescue rather than strike out into the unknown. ;)

How about "Flight of The Phoenix" ? :laugh:

Drew Busby !
It's only a movie, only a show.... :P

As long as the Gilmerton plumber is on board we'd be fine ;)

Crash survivor: so how long have you been rescuing businesses and major football clubs and getting them back to success ?

Gilmerton plumber: Me ? I've been unblocking toilets for years. It's the same principle.

Crash survivor: oh feck !

maroonedinoz
I don't find this site representative of people you meet either, but not in the way you mean.

So what do you suggest we do?

Well I'm 10000 miles away and this may sound naff..but the first thing I'd do would be to seek out a few high profile and well respected people in Edinburgh who would agree to be the nucleus of an organisation formed simply to Safeguard Hearts Future.(Give ti a cathcy acronym like SFH)

Needn't spell out the nuts and bolts of any possible strategy straight away, but would canvass local businessmen etc and feel out the possibilities, and identify what was achievable.

It would hold a series of public meetings/rallies to involve as many people who wanted to be involved and at least give some hope that something was being done.

May even send a message to Vlad..

At the end of the day in a perfect world such a grass roots movement may just get someone or somepeople to come out of the woodwork with a lot of dosh like Tom Framer did at Hibs...

It may not work...but even if it doesn't..then everybody can at least say they did try...

The key though is to get the right figureheads on board at the start so that the media take them seriously..

boabyarsebiscuit

The way I look at it is that the Titanic has hit the iceberg and all the bar staff have headed for the lifeboats leaving the bar unattended.

I am going to enjoy whatever time we have left. Romanov is a ******, we might well be goosed, but until someone shows me some concrete action plan from the fans for doing something "constructive" about it all I suppose I'll just keep on referring to Roman Romanov as a ****** and fighting the Romanov spin team on here.

I've reached the stage where I have not got a clue how we get ourselves out of this mess. Anyone starts up a sensible campaign though, I'll give it some serious consideration.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Well I'm 10000 miles away and this may sound naff..but the first thing I'd do would be to seek out a few high profile and well respected people in Edinburgh who would agree to be the nucleus of an organisation formed simply to Safeguard Hearts Future.(Give ti a cathcy acronym like SFH)

Needn't spell out the nuts and bolts of any possible strategy straight away, but would canvass local businessmen etc and feel out the possibilities, and identify what was achievable.

It would hold a series of public meetings/rallies to involve as many people who wanted to be involved and at least give some hope that something was being done.

At the end of the day in a perfect world such a grass roots movement may just get someone or somepeople to come out of the woodwork with a lot of dosh like Tom Framer did at Hibs...

It may not work...but even if it doesn't..then everybody can at least say they did try...

The key though is to get the right figureheads on board at the start so that the media take them seriously..

The problem is that Vlad has no intention of selling and the only thing that might get through to him is if he has to fork out more out of his own pocket.

Respond as customers rather than fans and the penny might finally drop with him.

Drew Busby !

You would need guys of this kind of stature to show interest.

'Stewart, aged 57, says this will definitely be his last executive job. It will give him more time for his beloved sailing (his latest yacht is called Sapphire because of its blue hull), and also catch up on the other love of his life - Hearts football club.

Asked what he thinks of the current team, he beams: "Why, they're cup winners." '

http://business.scotsman.com/clydesdalebank/How-a-Gorgie-lad-took.2814227.jp

Unfortunately I suspect he's got more interest in his yacht - and frankly I don't blame him.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
The problem is that Vlad has no intention of selling and the only thing that might get through to him is if he has to fork out more out of his own pocket.

Respond as customers rather than fans and the penny might finally drop with him.

Remember Vlad is a businessman and if someone makes him an offer he can't refuse, even he has his price.

Respond like customers, yes: cut off the cash in big enough amounts and test the waters.

I cannot see how anyone who wants to do something about Romanov and has a season ticket but will still renew cannot see this.

It is easier than you think. And it costs nothing. Just a comfy seat. And I cannot remember one season I have been a season ticket holder where I have not missed a few matches for one reason or another so the one about paying at the gate costing more will not effect everyone.

Its a start. Its simple. Try it. Or carry on propping the regime up.

scots civil war

in reality f.w ,these punters who are renewing havent reallly got anything better to do on a saturday

or, as i witnessed recently,families with season tickets who wernt even looking at the pitch,just larking around and eating the hideous fare on offer because it was "a day out".........

these are the people who need to be lobbied

Drew Busby !
You would need guys of this kind of stature to show interest.

'Stewart, aged 57, says this will definitely be his last executive job. It will give him more time for his beloved sailing (his latest yacht is called Sapphire because of its blue hull), and also catch up on the other love of his life - Hearts football club.

Asked what he thinks of the current team, he beams: "Why, they're cup winners." '

http://business.scotsman.com/clydesdalebank/How-a-Gorgie-lad-took.2814227.jp'>http://business.scotsman.com/clydesdalebank/How-a-Gorgie-lad-took.2814227.jp

Unfortunately I suspect he's got more interest in his yacht - and frankly I don't blame him.

Problem solved. We just need Geoff K to go and knock on his door and act as the go-between :laugh:

Heart for Hearts ( November 12, 2007 )

He may live in footy-mad Melbourne but there is little doubt that John Stewart's footballing heart lies in his home town of Edinburgh. Finding himself with a rare night off in the Scottish capital a fortnight ago, the National Australia Bank boss switched on the TV to find to his delight his soccer team, Heart of Midlothian (aka Hearts) playing the premier league leaders and arch-Glaswegian rivals, Celtic.

Stewart, who has always harboured the dream to coach the Edinburgh-based club, was, to use his own words, like a pig in muck catching the game live.

And while he admits the opposition outplayed his boys, you can imagine his joy at the result: Hearts 2, Celtic 0.

"I felt all of my Christmases had come," Stewart told CBD.

http://business.smh.com.au/packer-fund-buys-into-gazprom/20071111-19gm.html?page=2

How a Gorgie lad took Australia's biggest bank to another level

Mr Stewart, who was brought up in a Gorgie tenement and is a keen Hearts supporter...

Geoff Kilpatrick
Problem solved. We just need Geoff K to go and knock on his door and act as the go-between :laugh:

Heart for Hearts ( November 12, 2007 )

He may live in footy-mad Melbourne but there is little doubt that John Stewart's footballing heart lies in his home town of Edinburgh. Finding himself with a rare night off in the Scottish capital a fortnight ago, the National Australia Bank boss switched on the TV to find to his delight his soccer team, Heart of Midlothian (aka Hearts) playing the premier league leaders and arch-Glaswegian rivals, Celtic.

Stewart, who has always harboured the dream to coach the Edinburgh-based club, was, to use his own words, like a pig in muck catching the game live.

And while he admits the opposition outplayed his boys, you can imagine his joy at the result: Hearts 2, Celtic 0.

"I felt all of my Christmases had come," Stewart told CBD.

http://business.smh.com.au/packer-fund-buys-into-gazprom/20071111-19gm.html?page=2

How a Gorgie lad took Australia's biggest bank to another level

Mr Stewart, who was brought up in a Gorgie tenement and is a keen Hearts supporter...

I'll drop him an e-mail. We work for the same company and it'll be a good way to network! ;)

Drew Busby !
I'll drop him an e-mail. We work for the same company and it'll be a good way to network! ;)

Sorted ... Stewart takes over from Vlad, and you become the new Roman Romanov.

"The good Roman Romanov" that is :D

Geoff Kilpatrick
Sorted ... Stewart takes over from Vlad, and you become the new Roman Romanov.

"The good Roman Romanov" that is :D

I have a better haircut than that!

what twill you say?

"It was too hard?"

Flipside to this particular coin is that none of us in the position to do anything.

We cannot influence Vlad. We do not have the necessary money. We cannot "force him out".

Sooner some people understand this and realise that we are totally in a position of having to go with the flow then the sooner we?ll all stop reading the same old, same old about "doing something".

The current sense of resignation amongst the support is because most of us know there is nothing at all that we can do about the situation so we can only comment on the latest disappointment as it materialises. Vlad has made an almighty balls-up of running Hearts so far but we have to bottom out sometime and start the slog towards recovery. There are signs that a sensible approach to wages is coming into place. Hopefully the redevelopment will happen. Other than this, we could do with a manager who will be allowed to just get on with his job, as short of relegation we cannot get any worse than we?ve been this season.

portobellojambo1
The current sense of resignation amongst the support is because most of us know there is nothing at all that we can do about the situation so we can only comment on the latest disappointment as it materialises.

Very true Spellczech, to remove Romanov now, if that is the aim, is going to involve people with racks of money, whether that be an individual (whom we would have to assume would be a Hearts fan, given that it is Hearts we are talking about) or an organisation/consortium.

At the moment the blunt truth is it seems we cannot live with him, but certainly cannot live without him, if he stays we may be goosed, if he goes it is almost certain we are.

MacDonald Jardine
The way I look at it is that the Titanic has hit the iceberg and all the bar staff have headed for the lifeboats leaving the bar unattended.

I am going to enjoy whatever time we have left. Romanov is a ******, we might well be goosed, but until someone shows me some concrete action plan from the fans for doing something "constructive" about it all I suppose I'll just keep on referring to Roman Romanov as a ****** and fighting the Romanov spin team on here.

I've reached the stage where I have not got a clue how we get ourselves out of this mess. Anyone starts up a sensible campaign though, I'll give it some serious consideration.

Exactly.

Some people seem to forget that for most of us the key thing is watching Heart of Midlothian playing (and hopefully winning) football matches.

It's not about deciding the guy who happens to be the owner at the time is a ****** and going on a crusade to point this out to people.

If there is a credible alternative then it should be properly considered by all supporters and if they think it's a better option endorsed by them.

I've yet to see anything even approaching that.

The club is undeniably in severe financial difficulty. Cutting off as much revenue as possible doesn't strike me as the most helpful way forward.

Neither does rushing about shouting "Vlad's a madman. We have to do something/ anything." Particularly when the doing something mainly seems to involve sitting at home on your arse rather than supporting the team.

maroonedinoz
Exactly.

Some people seem to forget that for most of us the key thing is watching Heart of Midlothian playing (and hopefully winning) football matches.

It's not about deciding the guy who happens to be the owner at the time is a ****** and going on a crusade to point this out to people.

If there is a credible alternative then it should be properly considered by all supporters and if they think it's a better option endorsed by them.

I've yet to see anything even approaching that.

The club is undeniably in severe financial difficulty. Cutting off as much revenue as possible doesn't strike me as the most helpful way forward.

Neither does rushing about shouting "Vlad's a madman. We have to do something/ anything." Particularly when the doing something mainly seems to involve sitting at home on your arse rather than supporting the team.

Better to do something than nothing is my view.

As for watching Hearts win matches..well next season when we have drastically cut costs by releasing expereinced players and have played youngsters who *may* have just finished above Hamilton..is that the time when you will agree that it is time to do something?

Vlad does not give a monkeys about Hearts.

Even he surely can see that he has ballsed things up and in all probability would like to find a reason to walk away with his pride in tact......and in a face saving exercise bleat to the Lithuanian media that those corrupt Scottish football powers that be meant that he had toot beat a retreat from a corrupt competition tha the could simply not put on the straight and narrow etc...

If we can find a consortium of businessmen who can help him do this ...before he makes even bigger losses for his bank..then even Vlad could be happy to go and cut his losses.

Remember the longer he stays the deeper he drags us down..he's had nearly three years now and he has taken us to the brink...another two years under him and I reckon we're gone.

He loves money and power and status...he does not love Hearts...and if we can cater for the first three then he may gladly give us back the latter.

MacDonald Jardine
Better to do something than nothing is my view.

As for watching Hearts win matches..well next season when we have drastically cut costs by releasing expereinced players and have played youngsters who *may* have just finished above Hamilton..is that the time when you will agree that it is time to do something?

Vlad does not give a monkeys about Hearts.

Even he surely can see that he has ballsed things up and in all probability would like to find a reason to walk away with his pride in tact......and in a face saving exercise bleat to the Lithuanian media that those corrupt Scottish football powers that be meant that he had toot beat a retreat from a corrupt competition tha the could simply not put on the straight and narrow etc...

If we can find a consortium of businessmen who can help him do this ...before he makes even bigger losses for his bank..then even Vlad could be happy to go and cut his losses.

Remember the longer he stays the deeper he drags us down..he's had nearly three years now and he has taken us to the brink...another two years under him and I reckon we're gone.

He loves money and power and status...he does not love Hearts...and if we can cater for the first three then he may gladly give us back the latter.

That's fine. The question is what?

If there realistic purchasers out there by all means they should be approached.

There was though a distinct lack of them in the last days of the Robinson era.

after that debacle of an agm the other day,comes to light that next season should be another one of torment and turmoil for you lot out there who will be renewing their seaon tickets.

looking to youth to take over,when there isnt nearly enough of or indeed,any, quality coming through.gary glen excepted of course but check out john murrays comments recently.

keeping this idiotic stand thing goin on when they wont have the punters to fill it or be entertained in it under the present football policy

frail should be taking charge again next season,it makes sense for the paranoid baltic banker doesnt it....honestly,how can they keep coming up with this paranoid bollocks re getting a manager in and taking players away with him to another club.maybe if these sad lithuanians made the set up right in the first place,then nobody would want to ****ing leave hearts

at the present moment,and after the comments made by that arrogant dismissive offspring of the baltic banker.....who the hell would want to get involved with this regime,and who would be allowed in? someone with baggage perhaps,once more,like a rixxy.someone who will make the cringe factor sore to new heights ??

the only way to get this **** to change his face,imo, is not to renew.at least until the very last moment as money is what the baltic banker wants regardless .he has clearly set up hearts fc to be, a shop window in the transfer market.nothing more.its the only way we can collectively do something about our name being dragged thru the mud for longer and you know it

as long as the 4 million or so spondos that is generated by s.t sales keeps coming in,then he will do as he pleases

hit him where it hurts,because he has hurt the hearts supporter with his lies and arrogance and his systematic removal of our emotional tie to the club

YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE IN PUTTING THE SPINE BACK INTO THE HEARTS SUPPORT,DONT RENEW,MAKE A STAND AGAINST THIS REGIME

Very good post

Why do we always have to think about others peoples money? We need to think outside the box! Yes i have a few ideas but i just don't know how to put them forward.

Drew Busby !
Why do we always have to think about others peoples money? We need to think outside the box! Yes i have a few ideas but i just don't know how to put them forward.

Words are always a good medium mate ;) Unless you want to try telepathy !

maroonedinoz
Words are always a good medium mate ;) Unless you want to try telepathy !

Dunno..words don't seem to do the Romanovs much good!:rolleyes:

Archived