Gary Glen

Coco

He looks as though he might become a right good wee player.

Always looked for the ball and took his goal well at the 2nd attempt.

Well done Gary - MoM today.

I missed the game. was he good then?

would be nice to have a young striker in the team who is an actual prospect instead of elliot and mole's constant stream of mediocrity.

rudi must stay

all our young players started well, apart from Gordon they've done nothing. That's the worry, i agree though he had a great game

Bindy Badgy

He had a very nice touch in the build up to our first goal. He flicked the ball over his head to beat the defender.

I thought he faded a bit in the second half but that's to be expected with someone of his age. I'd start him every game until the end of the season.

Did he play as an out & out striker or behind Nade?

He kind of floated about in the hole, always looking for the ball

Nade basically standing still on the last man (or a few yards offside!) for the entire first half didn't help too much

Mr Quagmire

You forgot about his little flick on the right wing before the assist.

He actually ran the channels today like he was an experienced first team player.

Always looked up at midfield players and showed where he was running.

I think Glen could have had another 2 goals if Larry had passed rather than going for goal.

I thought it was an outstanding game for Glen's Debut.

Definitely MOTM.

Billy the Jambo

I think we were all saying the same when Elliot burst on the scene and started to score goals under Rix .Lets just calm down a bit when praising another up and coming young striker

Malcolm Tucker
I think we were all saying the same when Elliot burst on the scene and started to score goals under Rix .Lets just calm down a bit when praising another up and coming young striker

Did Elliot not take a ridiculous amount of games to score his first goal though?

I think we're seeing two very different player here, but I do agree in part with what you're saying.

He had a very nice touch in the build up to our first goal. He flicked the ball over his head to beat the defender.

I thought he faded a bit in the second half but that's to be expected with someone of his age. I'd start him every game until the end of the season.

That was a 'Flogel Flick'!

A very good showing from Gary and hopefully this will be first of many that he scores for us.

He should play every game between now and the end of the season.

i thought nade was pretty good today, combined well with glen!! glen looked good

I thought he was the lazy sod he's been all season. I would empty him in a heart beat.

Alan Johnson

glen probably did as much in that game as elliot and mole combined have done all season

thought he played brilliantly looks a great prospect

glen probably did as much in that game as elliot and mole combined have done all season

That is twice Mole has been slated on this thread.

He's played less than 2 games for us this year. And he's done fine when he has played.

Malcolm Tucker

Bizarre statement about Mole!

Agree with the Elliot bit though.

Ryan Gosling

Elliot took 5 months to score.

And also Mole could have had 2 goals in his 4 minutes on the pitch

gorgie twins

Thought Glen played really well today! Deserved Man of the Match and hopefully he continues to develop to become a regular first team player!! Would much rather watch him than Nade or Elliot!!

I agree that Glen looked a great prospect, and just the sort of player we've been lacking all season, but is it not possible to have a positive thread about him without introducing negativity regarding Elliot( who didn't even play today).

I'm surprised Robbie didn't come in for some stick as well.

Dirk Diggler
I agree that Glen looked a great prospect, and just the sort of player we've been lacking all season, but is it not possible to have a positive thread about him without introducing negativity regarding Elliot( who didn't even play today).

I'm surprised Robbie didn't come in for some stick as well.

Now that you mention it,

He can stick his testimonial up his arse.

:biggrin:

gillsjambo29

i thought Glen played really well today but it shows to me how much a little luck can play in football. if he hadn't hjave gotten his fotunate rebound to score his goal, and as a result hearts had not one the game, he and fans would probably be thinking very differently about his first start.

on the bright side i'd take lucky players over talented any day :)

Now that you mention it,

He can stick his testimonial up his arse.

:biggrin:

:fing25:

Back on topic, it was nice to see a striker wearing maroon who was able to give our midfielders some options when they had the ball and were looking to pass it forward.

Hope he starts the last 4 games.

CornhillHearts

A few on here thought after watching him recently in under 19s/reserve games he was poor.

I have believed in him for a long time now and was delighted for him, but lets not all get too excited; at hospitality post match you could see he is still a young laddie, but well done and I am delighted for him.

Meanwhile back in my world I have Uefa Cup Final and a bonie in Belfast to look forward to, its a hard life.

I hope Elliot was paying close attention.

I hope Nade was paying close attention too. Usually it's the younger players that learn from the older players, but Nade would do well to try and incorporate some of the aspects of Gary Glen's play today - workrate for a start!

Clerry Jambo
A few on here thought after watching him recently in under 19s/reserve games he was poor.

I have believed in him for a long time now and was delighted for him, but lets not all get too excited; at hospitality post match you could see he is still a young laddie, but well done and I am delighted for him.Meanwhile back in my world I have Uefa Cup Final and a bonie in Belfast to look forward to, its a hard life.

Spot on Cornhill - delighted for the lad to get his goal and he did fine - but lets not go overboard like the muppets from the east whenever a young player appears on the scene.

Lest hope he starts the next 2 games, gets a bit of confidence and then builds himself up in the close season

I thought he was the lazy sod he's been all season. I would empty him in a heart beat.

And I thought I was the only one who thinks he is a lazy b*****d.

Glen looked good today but he is keen to show he has what it takes unlike Nade who just puts his hand out to collect his wages.

He was described by the bbc commentary team near the end of the match as being "different class" today and if he can keep his level of performances this high then surely it will be impossible for him to be dropped for the likes of elliot etc...

My view - very positive.

Especially, during the second half, he got barged off the ball and tumbled to the deck, near the corner post.

Reaction?

Straight back on his feet, chased like duck and went in hard (but fair) to recover possession.

I think that's the benefit of first team football, at this early stage, is taking knocks and dealing with them.

With attitude, he's going to be a very promising player. Nice touch to sub him - I was standing giving applause as was most around me - that's gotta do him good.

Nice match too - very sporting - no stupid stuff and open football. Well done both teams.

Deodato

lawriejambo
My view - very positive.

Especially, during the second half, he got barged off the ball and tumbled to the deck, near the corner post.

Reaction?

Straight back on his feet, chased like duck and went in hard (but fair) to recover possession.

I think that's the benefit of first team football, at this early stage, is taking knocks and dealing with them.

With attitude, he's going to be a very promising player. Nice touch to sub him - I was standing giving applause as was most around me - that's gotta do him good.

Nice match too - very sporting - no stupid stuff and open football. Well done both teams.

Deodato

Asolutely spot on, thought the young guy was superb.

Hopefully will see him start the last 4 games after todays performance..

Well done Gary...

Nucky Thompson

The lad was great today and only 17 years old, I'm really excited about this prospect.

jamboinglasgow

well done to the lad, think we should consider to use more youth in the next four games.

This will make him forget his debut when 4-0 down against Dun Utd. The confidence boost will be huge. I just hope he keeps his performance next week and for the rest of the season, as Elliot shined in his first few games, think being sent off to motherwell on loan damaged him terribly.

As for the next season (and hopefully a decent new manager) I can see a team being crafted from a few young players (Scottish or otherwise but have come from the Academy) with

Berra

McGowen

Wallace

Jonsson

Driver

Glen

Mole

(and possibly Elliot)

think if they are inspired and motivated well they could turn into decent young players.

I agree that Glen played well today for his first full start but I think its very early days and we should always be careful not to make judgments on players - good or bad - on the basis of a couple of games.

I thought Gary Glen (my step brother) played absoulutley amazing to-day, hope elliot and nade were paying very close attention, thourouly deserved man of the match and his goal and yes that is correct he could have had mor if kingston had played him in. Well done gaz

Only a Game
You forgot about his little flick on the right wing before the assist.

He actually ran the channels today like he was an experienced first team player.

Always looked up at midfield players and showed where he was running.

I think Glen could have had another 2 goals if Larry had passed rather than going for goal.

I thought it was an outstanding game for Glen's Debut.

Definitely MOTM.

Agree with all of that. He showed all the time for the ball and actually made an experienced pro like Nade look even more of a waste of space than he is.

If we'd had a decent forward thinking midfielder who could pick a pass Glen might well have produced even more than he did today. Kingston, for some reason never seemed to find him or link up with him.

Very impressed with him and he certainly looks like he could do a job with an experienced old hand (one who was actually interested) to help him along

The Old Tolbooth

One of the few reasons I wanted to go today was the hope that a few youngsters might be playing, and when I heard the team news which stated that Glen and Thomson was playing, I was delighted!

Glen fought for everything today and was a thorn in St Mirrens side, he looked lively from the start and already looks 50 times the player Clum is!

Thomson coped easily at right back today too, much more composed and assured than Robbie is these days, he looks a smashing prospect.

After the farce that was the AGM, I feel a wee bit light has shone through with Glen and Thomson, well done lads!

Ryan Gosling
One of the few reasons I wanted to go today was the hope that a few youngsters might be playing, and when I heard the team news which stated that Glen and Thomson was playing, I was delighted!

Glen fought for everything today and was a thorn in St Mirrens side, he looked lively from the start and already looks 50 times the player Clum is!

Thomson coped easily at right back today too, much more composed and assured than Robbie is these days, he looks a smashing prospect.

After the farce that was the AGM, I feel a wee bit light has shone through with Glen and Thomson, well done lads!

Just wait till McGowan plays!

The Old Tolbooth
Just wait till McGowan plays!

Really?

I've seen him playing for the under 19's a couple of times but never really took special notice of him.

One guy I took special notice of when he played for us was Jamie McDonald (before he went on loan) and I thought he looked very good!

I also clocked Rocky Visconte and thought he looked like a player with a big future.

Archived