Webster Starting for Scotland Tonight

DC_92

if being a fat convenient food eating slob were a sport americans would rule the world, just a little perspective for a country of just 5 mill

I am pretty sure Scotland could give the US a run for its money in that sport.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be disasterous for the game as we know it, IMO.

Why?

Sure does. But Spanish is one thing; the *******isation of the English language is another thing entirely.

It's not "Team USA" or "Team Scotland". It's the USA and Scotland. And it's not "unscored upon". It's "haven't conceded a goal".

Simple. :thumbsup:

I'm sure many Spaniards would also lament the *******ized nature of the Spanish used around the Rio de la Plata.

shaun.lawson

Lambert abandoned Motherwell, Wycombe and Colchester to single mindedly further his career. Moyes and Ferguson are not going to leave established EPL clubs for less money. A club like Norwich however, Lambert could be persuaded to leave. He has taken them as far as he or anyone could. I remember Jeremy Goss et al as well as you, but it will never happen again. It's Aberdeen syndrome.

McLeish is shite.......I trust that point is dealt with. Lucky......but shite.

USA are not much better than Scotland. They are better, not much better, not 5-1 better. They are on a par with the likes of England, Switzerland, Japan, Egypt, maybe even Chile. They are where they are and won't get much better or worse, regardless of stereotypes and what you claim to be stereotypical views.

Er yes, I know that. So does he. But he's so successful precisely because he's so shrewd - and just like his mentor MON, he won't leave until he gets made the right offer by a club with not just huge potential, but the money to back it up. Until that happens, he'll stick around at Carrow Road and try to finish top 8 and maybe even win a Cup. There's no chance of him managing at international level until he's in semi-retirement either.

The only "Aberdeen syndrome" here is being exhibited by you. Once upon a time, the Scotland job was a massive carrot for pretty much any Scottish manager. Not now though, because Scotland's modern record is so poor and the players you have are so limited. Meanwhile, the USA reached the last 16 two years ago, and are a lot better now; the last eight in 2002; the last 16 in 1994. Scotland have never reached the knock-out stages of anything in your entire history, and have failed to qualify for the last seven major tournaments on the bounce.

I'd say that makes them 'much better', thankyou. So are Chile, whose football at times is light years ahead of anything Scotland have produced in nigh on 30 years.

shaun.lawson

I'm sure many Spaniards would also lament the *******ized nature of the Spanish used around the Rio de la Plata.

They do. Exhibit A: my taxi driver (Uruguayan, but he laments exactly what you say) the other night. But the English thing is also the reason an Englishman like me is in demand from language schools here. Everyone seems to want to learn 'pure English', rather than American English for some reason.

:shitwine:

Sounds like Mulgrew was as shite as usual - his defensive game is chronic.

How did Webster play?

They do. Exhibit A: my taxi driver (Uruguayan, but he laments exactly what you say) the other night. But the English thing is also the reason an Englishman like me is in demand from language schools here. Everyone seems to want to learn 'pure English', rather than American English for some reason.

Yup, just as most students of Spanish want to learn proper Spanish. Unless there is a particular reason to learn a variation, as I had.

Uncle Buck

Sounds like Mulgrew was as shite as usual - his defensive game is chronic.

How did Webster play?

Webster was meh and Mulgrew should never ever ever wear a Scotland top again. It was one of the worst performances i've ever saw from a professional footballer. I hate him.

:shitwine:

Webster was meh and Mulgrew should never ever ever wear a Scotland top again. It was one of the worst performances i've ever saw from a professional footballer. I hate him.

Mulgrew's quality is also indicative of Pat Nevin's critical faculties.

alwaysthereinspirit

if being a fat convenient food eating slob were a sport americans would rule the world, just a little perspective for a country of just 5 mill

Weird statement considering the fat slobs just kicked out pre(o)verbial @$$e$

Er yes, I know that. So does he. But he's so successful precisely because he's so shrewd - and just like his mentor MON, he won't leave until he gets made the right offer by a club with not just huge potential, but the money to back it up. Until that happens, he'll stick around at Carrow Road and try to finish top 8 and maybe even win a Cup. There's no chance of him managing at international level until he's in semi-retirement either.

The only "Aberdeen syndrome" here is being exhibited by you. Once upon a time, the Scotland job was a massive carrot for pretty much any Scottish manager. Not now though, because Scotland's modern record is so poor and the players you have are so limited. Meanwhile, the USA reached the last 16 two years ago, and are a lot better now; the last eight in 2002; the last 16 in 1994. Scotland have never reached the knock-out stages of anything in your entire history, and have failed to qualify for the last seven major tournaments on the bounce.

I'd say that makes them 'much better', thankyou. So are Chile, whose football at times is light years ahead of anything Scotland have produced in nigh on 30 years.

Thank you so much for pointing out Scotland are crap, Shaun.

Weird statement considering the fat slobs just kicked out pre(o)verbial @$$e$

And considering your typical Scottish diet is horrific.

Archived