Makela

Guest u01dg3

WeeToonJambo
I quite fancy that front two for next week as well, Mole has been doing really well in the reserves and think he could surprise one or two if he played.

I agree. He looks sharp in the reserves and wins most headers, unlike some other, taller, front players (even Larry won a header today!!!). Mole links well with Glen.

Posters here judge players far too quickly. He looked ok yesterday, got involved and was unlucky with a couple of attempts. Overall well done Juho

Drylaw Hearts
Posters here judge players far too quickly. He looked ok yesterday, got involved and was unlucky with a couple of attempts. Overall well done Juho

Too quickly !!!!!!!!!

He's been here for more than 2 frickin years.

This isnt a downbeat thread, given that we won today. However, would like to categorically state that Juho Makela is not good enough to play for Hearts. He can control the ball, he has no pace, he has no awareness, and he couldnt score with an open goal during warm up.

If today has proved one thing, it is that Makela should never play for Hearts again, and should be one of the first out the door in the summer. I fully expect this to happen. It was good of Frail to let the supporters see this for ourselves.

utter rubbissh he tried hard and his pace is ther for all to see

For being brought in from the cold i thought Makela did okay yesterday. Got into good positions and chased things.

Would like to see him and Glen given a few games together till the end of the season with Nade and Mole as back-up.

Guest u01dg3

I honestly cant see how people could think Makela was "alright" yesterday. Granted he only had 25 mins or so, but he was useless.

I wanted him to be good, I really did. I think too many people on here are hoping that we have a saviour within the ranks who will score the goals. Sitting in the Gorgie stand, I had a good view of what he did on and off the ball. In my opinion he has wasted up too much of the resources at Hearts over the last few years and should go.

I also cant understand why people are saying "his pace was there to see". Can this person point to a piece of play or time when we saw this "pace" yesterday? He was pushed off the ball and beaten to the ball on a number of occasions by the St Mirren defence.

Finally, to the person that said that Kingston was greedy. I believe that this can be explained by the fact that Kingston obviously recogised Makela's failings. If we had a striker who Kingston actually had faith in to pass too he may well have done. Passing the ball to Makela would have been as useful as a c@ck flavoured lolly pop.

Gigolo-Aunt

The Flying Finn being a good player or not has sailed now. Yesterday him playing was obviously a case of putting him in the shop window.

He will be away come the close season. Even if its Hearts giving him a pay off to speed up the move.

Too quickly !!!!!!!!!

He's been here for more than 2 frickin years.

He has never been given a chance. He has started a handful of games so how can you judge him.

Understand we need to put players in the shop window but if we have, as a club no intentions of playing Makela next season I dont want to see him get the chance..

Lets at least try and blood some youngsters we're wanting to hold on to and see how they fair up before it time for summer holidays!

winston churchill

he did more running than that big lump nade.also his he the first albino to play for hearts.

Drylaw Hearts
He has never been given a chance. He has started a handful of games so how can you judge him.

I have had the misfortune of seeing him on countless occassions whilst watching the Reserves.

The People's Chimp
Makela is the son of two Finnish Olympic sprinters and can himself to do the 100 metres in a sub 11 second time, I'm afraid the credibility of your whole post falls down on that one nonsensical statement.

I thought he looked sharp and lively, nearly scored twice and if Mole had crossed half a second earlier towards the end, would have bagged another goal to maintain his record of more than a goal a start in a Hearts shirt.

You're spot on.

One really has to wonder about posts such as the OP's. What game was he at? what tenuous grip on reality does he have?

Utterly bizarre.

jack D and coke
Dont agree with that mate, thought he was awful. Players like Kingston and Glen were doing work around him and he was hoping to gain from their actions. Never happened for him today, and I doubt if he'll get another opportunity.

Thats kind of what strikers do mate, no one said he was the next lionel messi or anything. I hate people like you who can't wait to critisize a player you've barely ever seen. You clearly know jack sh*t about football.

Give the guy a break.

Drylaw Hearts
Thats kind of what strikers do mate, no one said he was the next lionel messi or anything. I hate people like you who can't wait to critisize a player you've barely ever seen. You clearly know jack sh*t about football.

Give the guy a break.

As he's been here 2 years and never managed to win a regular place in the squad.

He's been on loan and done nothing and not a single Club has wanted him badly enough to actually bid for him.

No Manager/Coach has rated him since got here.

And yet out of all that YOU still think there is a player there ?

I'm afraid it's you who appears to know jack crap.

As he's been here 2 years and never managed to win a regular place in the squad.

He's been on loan and done nothing and not a single Club has wanted him badly enough to actually bid for him.

DH, I think we all know that ability or otherwise has had nothing to do with his inability to win a place in the squad. If he was of Lithuanian parentage he'd have been a regular.

Drylaw Hearts
DH, I think we all know that ability or otherwise has had nothing to do with his inability to win a place in the squad. If he was of Lithuanian parentage he'd have been a regular.

Lot's of players have managed to win a place in the squad who aren't Lithuanian.

His inability to get into the squad reguarly was/is down to his lack of ability.

Lot's of players have managed to win a place in the squad who aren't Lithuanian.

His inability to get into the squad reguarly was/is down to his lack of ability.

Was Brellier's inability to get in the team at the tail end of 2006 and much of 06/07 due to lack of ability?

Drylaw Hearts
Was Brellier's inability to get in the team at the tail end of 2006 and much of 06/07 due to lack of ability?

VR never liked him from the begining.

That is common knowledge.

Then VR wanted No.28 in the team and with Brellier leaving it made it easy for them to exclude Brellier.

Elliot

Mole

Nade

Glen

all now appear to be ahead of Makela.

Not a Lithuanian amongst them.

He is ranked amongst the worse players at the Club and only played yesterday to put him in the Shop window.

jack D and coke

Aye and we've had some right good coaches/managers in that 2 years. Managers with real cajones who would pick the BEST team available to them. Aye righto then matey.

Drylaw Hearts
Aye and we've had some right good coaches/managers in that 2 years. Managers with real cajones who would pick the BEST team available to them. Aye righto then matey.

If he's so good then why haven't teams with these good Managers snap him up ?

I don't think we'd be difficult to deal with.

We've signed an absolute dud and everyone appears to realise this apart from a select few Hearts supporters.

He?s more of a threat than either Mole or Elliot as far as I can see. Always looks keen enough too when given rare opportunities. I felt before the Killie game that we would need a midfielder to score if we were to win that one, and so it proved. I think Makela and Glen are a far better option than either Mole or Elliot.

tynie_legend

I thought he done well when he came considering the lack of 1st team action. I thought both him and Glen took up much better positions, worked the hard down the channels and looked like they had a bit about them.

All attributes which Nade certainly doesn't have! Elliot and Nade have both had a run in the team this season and have returned very little IMO. I think Glen must keep the shirt for next week and why not give Makela a go for the remaining fixtures?!

Archived