Makela

Guest u01dg3

Guest u01dg3

This isnt a downbeat thread, given that we won today. However, would like to categorically state that Juho Makela is not good enough to play for Hearts. He can control the ball, he has no pace, he has no awareness, and he couldnt score with an open goal during warm up.

If today has proved one thing, it is that Makela should never play for Hearts again, and should be one of the first out the door in the summer. I fully expect this to happen. It was good of Frail to let the supporters see this for ourselves.

This isnt a downbeat thread, given that we won today. However, would like to categorically state that Juho Makela is not good enough to play for Hearts. He can control the ball, he has no pace, he has no awareness, and he couldnt score with an open goal during warm up.

If today has proved one thing, it is that Makela should never play for Hearts again, and should be one of the first out the door in the summer. I fully expect this to happen. It was good of Frail to let the supporters see this for ourselves.

I personally thought given he hasnt played in a year he looked pretty lively

Definitly a goal scorer there and him and glen showed what strikers should do

Guest u01dg3
I personally thought given he hasnt played in a year he looked pretty lively

Definitly a goal scorer there and him and glen showed what strikers should do

Dont agree with that mate, thought he was awful. Players like Kingston and Glen were doing work around him and he was hoping to gain from their actions. Never happened for him today, and I doubt if he'll get another opportunity.

Makela looked ok when he came on. The guys got a bit of pace and strength about him. He may not have a great touch or a great deal of skill but I bet he's score a few goals between now and the end of the season given the chance.

Kingston on the other hand has more talent than the rest of the team put together but could contribute so much more.

Makela is the son of two Finnish Olympic sprinters and can himself to do the 100 metres in a sub 11 second time, I'm afraid the credibility of your whole post falls down on that one nonsensical statement.

I thought he looked sharp and lively, nearly scored twice and if Mole had crossed half a second earlier towards the end, would have bagged another goal to maintain his record of more than a goal a start in a Hearts shirt.

rudi must stay

would agree with all of that, he is a decent goalscorer though and tbh, in our squad that's a rarity. So for that reason really, not down to ability, we should keep him.

I thought he looked decent, and I am no Makela fan!

He showed nice touches for once, and his passing was crisp, with good link up play. I have never seen him show that before

He has pace, as shown by when he gave the defender about a 3 yard head start before beating him and the keeper to the ball

Also looked decent in the air, and I think he deserves a start up front with Glen nxt week

Dean Winchester
Dont agree with that mate, thought he was awful. Players like Kingston and Glen were doing work around him and he was hoping to gain from their actions. Never happened for him today, and I doubt if he'll get another opportunity.

What game where you watching mate?! The guy was alright considering the length of time he hasnt been in the first team. Kingston was on more than one occasion during that game just being a greedy barsteward and 2 or 3 times he should have just passed the ball to Makela for the lad to have a dig instead of taking on 3 or 4 defenders himself

Completely disagree with this thread!

Would love to hear your opinion on Jim Hamilton when he was at Hearts then cos if Makela has NO pace....

I've never been a great fan of Makela but based on today's evidence if it was choice between him and Nade it would be Makela everytime.

Stupid post of the year how can you slag a guy on 25 minutes. Tried to place the shot the guy kicked of the line, unlike Larry who's efforts were woeful.

If Mole had squared would have had tap in. Give the guy a chance. Look at Miko he's been here 3 years and he's crap.

Makela was excellent when he came on today. He was quick, he controlled the ball, he passed the ball and most importantly he moved and created space. Glen's game improved when Makela came on too.

Charlie-Brown

I'd rather Mole or some of our other young strikers (including Glen) are given chances instead of Makela.

mccartney17503

Makela, is better than both Nade and Elliot. Glen responded well when Makela came on.

I thought since Makela has not had a game for the first team for so long he done better than clum who has had a start in the first team since day dot.

I think that Makela gets into scoring positions.

He is worth a run of games until the end of the season. Nade isn't.

Carl Weathers
Makela is the son of two Finnish Olympic sprinters and can himself to do the 100 metres in a sub 11 second time, I'm afraid the credibility of your whole post falls down on that one nonsensical statement.

Best ownage I've read on here yet!

Auld Reekin'

Even if all that was the case - and I don't think it is - he still looked better than Nade today.

:mad:

there are more deserving players, who shouldn't play for hearts again, than a guy who has only played 25 minutes for the 1st team this year.

you're surname isn't meldrew is it? :P

I've never been a great fan of Makela but based on today's evidence if it was choice between him and Nade it would be Makela everytime.

I agree.

When Makela was on the pitch, we had a striker who looked as though they could score. You cannot say the same about Nade.

If the management are determined to 'showcase' players to try and get rid of them, then Makela must play for the rest of the season. If he scores goals, then either he'll leave or he can go into next season with us full of confidence.

Bordeaux 03
Did Frail either cut off his nose or spite his face by playing Makela today?

He probably wouldn't have come on if Nade hadn't been taken off injured. Thought he did quite well though, but more of a shift in than Nade has ever done.

As soon as I saw Juho was on the bench, I felt he'd get on. Vlad must have made a recommendation to Shaggy - play him to sell him.

I thought he did ok too. Certainly a better bet than Mole or Elliott up front.

He's one of the players that we've signed who never got enough of a chance, compared to some - Kanchselskis & Lee Johnson are 2 others that spring to mind.

ToadKiller Dog

He runs about a lot for sure still not sure if its a complete lack of talent he has or that he is to nervous a player and no confidence anyways he will likely be moved on.

To me he looked like the son of Harry Kinnear.

His first three jumps took hiom all of one foot off the deck, and when he did get his head to the ball it was threepenny bit time, he hadn'y a clue. He did well to get his shot of to the open goal but the two defenders read it and the second one cleared for the corner.

The fact that his parents were sprint champions does not automatically mean he has footballing talent.

Craig Gordon was right when he said the Makela was a carthouse with next to no control or ability.

And to use an old fashioned term 'I've seen milk turn quicker' than Nade.

Hopefully we'll not see either of them two in the run in to the end of the season and Glen (great first start, good skill, attitude, timing but needs time on the park with the big team) and Mole (needs time on the park) get their chance to shine.

That is my humble view.

As a founder member of the 'Makela is a Huddie Society' I have to say (through gritted teeth) that he looked a threat today. I was just waiting for him to score. But, and here's the important bit, when he and Glen were on together it was the first time in as long as I can remember that we looked like we two real strikers on the pitch together.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm sure Frail said at the management meeting the other night that he told Makela he will not play for Hearts again unless we are desperate.

Seems the ginger one was over ruled by Romanov. :rolleyes:

I think Makela done more running in the first 5 minutes when he came on than Nade done the whole time he was on!

He did more in his first 5 minutes than Nade had done the whole of his game!

But for a dreadful pass from Mole he would have scored, he was in scoring positions on several other occasions and caused their defence more problems than they'd had for most of the game. What more do you want, especially considering how many games he's had.

Given what we've got available I'd start him next time.

The Old Tolbooth

Jesus, some folk need to get a grip, how the hell can anyone judge a player after getting one sub appearance for 15-20 mins at the end of a meaningless game???

Give the guy a break ffs!

I'd rather he was getting a start every week than that bloody imposter Elliot thats for sure!

Robbo scores

Thought Makela did ok today considering he hasn't been given chance. Gary Glen impressed, eager and decent first touch.

Broxburn_Jambo

good shout, totally agree with you. For all the people saying makela should get a chance just look at his performance today.

I thought Makela was never going to get a game under Frail? Is this Vlad insisting that he plays so that we can put him in the shop window?

jamboinglasgow
His appearance may have had something to do with the Viking Stavanger scouts at the game.

hopefully they will put a bid in for him, think he will never get a chance at Hearts and needs to move to a club where he will be a regular player.

Hopefully the blind scout was there so someone will put a bid in for goncalves.

I thought he looked really good when he came on.

I'd have him and Glen up front next week.

The team that finished today but fot Mole should start next week IMO.

Banks

Thomson

Berra

Karapidis

Wallace

Larry

Jonsson

Ruben

Miko

Makela

Glen

I'd like to see Mole and Glen.

I think both Makela and Glen showed enough today to merit a start next week.

Mole off the bench though.

jamboinglasgow
I'd like to see Mole and Glen.

I quite fancy that front two for next week as well, Mole has been doing really well in the reserves and think he could surprise one or two if he played.

Hopefully the blind scout was there so someone will put a bid in for goncalves.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Makela should be given a chance.

The games don't mean much so give him 90 mins.

We all saw the difference Veliska made when he

went from super sub to starting.

On attacks he always seemed to find himself loads of space. I was actually hoping Makela and Glen would start today. He was prolific in Finland.

Just like Miko, who's getting back playing well, we should give Juho a good run in the team. We've been patient enough with miko. I think given his chance to get in sharpness back he could do a job for us.

The lad did well when he came on, chased and harried everything and he should have got a goal today, especially when he was against the keeper and at one point and when he chased down their centre back and won the ball off him. It was only good defending at his shot when the keeper was down that stopped him scoring

This isnt a downbeat thread, given that we won today. However, would like to categorically state that Juho Makela is not good enough to play for Hearts. He can control the ball, he has no pace, he has no awareness, and he couldnt score with an open goal during warm up. If today has proved one thing, it is that Makela should never play for Hearts again, and should be one of the first out the door in the summer. I fully expect this to happen. It was good of Frail to let the supporters see this for ourselves.

How does that affect his chances of actually being allowed to wear the shirt, Q.How many goals would have been added to our total if he`d scored a hat trick in the warm up. A. 3 the number actually scored against St.Midden, not any more not any less , so what point are you trying to make especially when dancing boy has had many more chances and failed a hell of a lot more than him.

Archived