Offishul St Bribery match thread

Geoff Kilpatrick

maroonlegions

Garry Glen man of the match plus a goal, i want him to play every game now.;), but well done Hearts for a good 2nd half :rolleyes: performance.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

heard both the st mirren goals on the radio, but missed all the hearts one. Think that means if I want Hearts to score/win I should listen to them on the radio.

well done the guys breaking that long held record of not coming back to win.

our youngsters did great

very pleased to see them playing and i just wish we'd played them weeks ago!

maroonlegions
The monkey has gone re comeback wins. A credit to Romanov as well in winning a meaningless game.

15,459 :laugh: - what a fecking joke that is!!

i take it that was not the crowd ,well not according to the BBC Scotland radio dudes, eh.:confused:

Charlie-Brown

Apart from his testimonial I hope Robbie doesn't get back in the team - his time is past - it's time for Thomson to make the right back position his own.

maroonlegions
Apart from his testimonial I hope Robbie doesn't get back in the team - his time is past - it's time for Thomson to make the right back position his own.

signed.;)

Charlie-Brown

6 Academy produced players played today - J.Thomson, Berra, Jonsson, Glen with Wallace & Mole coming on as subs. That's encouraging!

jamboinglasgow

And hamilton have won the first divison. From the sounds of what BBC Scotland are saying they are a very efficent and crediably run football side. What Gretna should of been. They have a good enough stadium, they have cleared debts, are decent youth system. If they can maintain their first season I can see them staying around for a few more seasons.

Doctor FinnBarr

Final Score just showed the league table, we,re on top of the Codheids, they,re in the bottom 6 now!

:confused:

Charlie-Brown
And hamilton have won the first divison. From the sounds of what BBC Scotland are saying they are a very efficent and crediably run football side. What Gretna should of been. They have a good enough stadium, they have cleared debts, are decent youth system. If they can maintain their first season I can see them staying around for a few more seasons.

Hamilton have a good youth set up - I watched their U12's playing Hearts on the astroturf at Riccarton for a wee while after one of the recent U19 games finished - both clubs seemed to be encouraging their kids to play & learn the right way - anyway they take producing their own payers quite seriously as it's really the only way a club of their size can operate - but they seem to be having success in this area.

jamboinglasgow
Hamilton have a good youth set up - I watched their U12's playing Hearts on the astroturf at Riccarton for a wee while after one of the recent U19 games finished - both clubs seemed to be encouraging their kids to play & learn the right way - anyway they take producing their own payers quite seriously as it's really the only way a club of their size can operate - but they seem to be having success in this area.

was that when the U19's played Killie?

If it was then I saw them too, thought they looked as competent as Hearts set up (though I was puzzled who the team was thought it was Spartans :embarassed:

bilston angel
6 Academy produced players played today - J.Thomson, Berra, Jonsson, Glen with Wallace & Mole coming on as subs. That's encouraging!

I have been advocating for months on this board that young players should be introduced instead of that lot of no hopers who clutter up our first team pool, yet some posters were of the opinion that none were ready. Perhaps they may have changed their minds after today.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Now Frail/Romanov know that the kids can hack it, can we see a few more now?

bilston angel
Now Frail/Romanov know that the kids can hack it, can we see a few more now?

Don't tell Vlad they are any good, the pound signs will be swirling around his head!

Malcolm Tucker
30th july 2005 apparently

edited to add, this is apparently the first time we've scored against those manky forkers in open play in EIGHT YEARS ?

thats a terrible stat

Miko's goal against them this season was open play?

Miko's goal against them this season was open play?

i was passing on what had been said from HW commentary if anyone wasn't listening. i'm not good with stats and remembering bits and pieces like that so you may well be right

Malcolm Tucker
i was passing on what had been said from HW commentary if anyone wasn't listening. i'm not good with stats and remembering bits and pieces like that so you may well be right

Yeeh, I'm not sure if his goal counts as a set-piece because I think was the breakdown from a corner?:confused:

Archived