Two things....

200milesfromgorgie

200milesfromgorgie

I don't want a new stand. Simple as that. We dont need it. Get a manager and a team that can challange the old firm, both glasgows big teams have had it easy over the past couple of years, easier than ever in my opinion. it cant be that hard to stick it to them, can it? get the silverwear then we will have a new stand.

Second up. Stephen Frail i salute you. you may not be the best manager and may thin Elliot is the next Henry but for working under those t!ts i doff my cap to you sir. now Quit and make something of your career before its too late.

200milesfromgorgie

i like the idea aswell, but bottom six every season and one massice stand eating up money. no thanks.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Surely a good football team, able to attract fans is more important than a massive, empty stand, mate?

Dirk Diggler
Surely a good football team, able to attract fans is more important than a massive, empty stand, mate?

Again, Why does it have to be one or the other?

I'd like both a good football team and a new stand.

Again, Why does it have to be one or the other?

I'd like both a good football team and a new stand.

What do you think should come first though?

A massive, expensive stand and crossed fingers hoping the team delivers, or a good team which attracts fans which then justifies the building of the stand?

shaun.lawson
I don't want a new stand. Simple as that. We dont need it. Get a manager and a team that can challange the old firm, both glasgows big teams have had it easy over the past couple of years, easier than ever in my opinion. it cant be that hard to stick it to them, can it? get the silverwear then we will have a new stand.

Second up. Stephen Frail i salute you. you may not be the best manager and may thin Elliot is the next Henry but for working under those t!ts i doff my cap to you sir. now Quit and make something of your career before its too late.

Hey, I totally get where you're coming from. The new stand is a huge hostage to fortune - and what's the point without a successful team anyway? One thing though: surely you must see that with a capacity of 17,000, it is simply not possible to challenge the Old Firm, and suicidal to attempt to do so? (And before you mention the Burley team: we lost ?5m that season, for heavens' sake!)

The collective blind spot of many Jambos on this never ceases to amaze me: exactly how often and how badly do we need to be burned until we finally accept that 3rd is the best we can do without massively increasing capacity?

Dirk Diggler
What do you think should come first though?

A massive, expensive stand and crossed fingers hoping the team delivers, or a good team which attracts fans which then justifies the building of the stand?

Personally, The new stand.

I think it's far more important in securing our long term future.

1st time we have finished in the bottom 6.

In order to move forward I feel we need the stand.

?40m or ?80m - we have no chance of paying either figure back.

Personally, The new stand.

I think it's far more important in securing our long term future.

I don't see how it will if it's empty all the time.

Dirk Diggler
I don't see how it will if it's empty all the time.

I mean if it is built, It's there forever, securing our future of playing football at Tynecastle.

At this moment in time, I cannot say that is the case with any certainty.

portobellojambo1

I don't think we really have much choice with the stand, if it is not taken down brick by brick there is a fair chance it may well fall down of its own accord. However I have absolutely no interest in attachments, such as hotels, office blocks or any other s h y t e which may, but there again may not depending on the success/quality of said buildings, generate some cash for UBIG.UKIO but little if any for HMFC.

A cheap stand would have done, as I have said from the start a mirror image of The Wheatfield, with a few additions to accommodate a few corporate guests, assuming corporate guests want to bring along clients to watch what is on offer, and changing rooms etc, and deal with the real problem, the part of the business through which revenue will be increased by increasing the fan base, the team on the park. Football fans go to watch their team, in the hope they will do well, we all accept the "hardcore" already attend, the bums needed to fill any new stand will be attached to persons who do not attend Hearts matches regularly at the moment, but possibly could be encouraged to attend if the product on the park was correct,and worth watching. And if said product on the park was correct is it fantasy to assume they may start winning things more regularly, entry to The Champions League may become a possibility, and what would would that generate, let me think, money. And what could we do with that money, maybe what Celtic have done, reduce the debt dramatically.

Or there again we could go on as we are at the moment.

Jambof3tornado

The new stand will come before the better football IMO which may work out well coz if we are playing poorly we could stay at Tynie with 3 stands and when the new stand is up a little more funding is given to the manager and hey presto the fans come flooding back and fill the new stand giving the increase in revenue that is required.

Everyone knows that a core of fans will stay no matter what,and that equally there is a core support that will be attracted by decent performances on the park.

Long live the Jam Tarts!!! I'm away to find my scarf and season ticket,GIRUY St Midden!!!:):):):)

inside right

Do you think after all the time and expense the council have committed to this that they would allow Hearts to continue without doing anything - I think that if we don't do anything we would quickly find that the ground would no longer get a safety certificate.

I mean if it is built, It's there forever, securing our future of playing football at Tynecastle.

At this moment in time, I cannot say that is the case with any certainty.

Yep, you're right enough with that point. Call me a cynic, but I just can't see it happening.

I just dont think we can afford the new stand.

Let's be honest, we're never going to break even or turn over a profit, so this new stand would just destroy us.

Drylaw Hearts
The new stand will come before the better football IMO which may work out well coz if we are playing poorly we could stay at Tynie with 3 stands and when the new stand is up a little more funding is given to the manager and hey presto the fans come flooding back and fill the new stand giving the increase in revenue that is required.

Everyone knows that a core of fans will stay no matter what,and that equally there is a core support that will be attracted by decent performances on the park.

Long live the Jam Tarts!!! I'm away to find my scarf and season ticket,GIRUY St Midden!!!:):):):)

There is a cynical bit of me that has been thinking for a long time that this is exactly what they want.

Poorer crowds next season will make the decison to stay at Tynecastle, whilst the construction is under way, an easy one.

It is a better and cheaper option for VR.

They know the fans will always come back.

We have a 'hard core' support of around 10 -12K. If an autonomous manager isn't appointed and the football doesn't improve next season, numbers will drop to these levels again IMO.

It makes absolutely no sense, either in footballing or commercial terms, to increase the capacity of the stadium if the product on the pitch isn't good enough to pull the punters through the turnstiles.

So, I agree with JF - it has to be both for me. An improvement in the playing side will have the punters flocking back.

Jambof3tornado
There is a cynical bit of me that has been thinking for a long time that this is exactly what they want.

Poorer crowds next season will make the decison to stay at Tynecastle whilst the construction is under way an easy one.

It saves playing away from tynecastle(paying rent to the egg chasers),and would possibly mean that if capacity is reduced to say 14,000,away fans would still get a stand or portion but the rest of the ground could still be filled.

Playing wise you see it at every club that when the team is good more fans turn up to watch(hibs is the prime example).

Its not nice to think thats whats going on,its just another opinion,someone has to be able to read Vlads thoughts!!!

Poorer crowds next season will make the decison to stay at Tynecastle, whilst the construction is under way, an easy one.

...and may well be the preferred option of a lot of Hearts fans too?

BUT.....you might find it hard to get in without a season ticket under this scenario.

Jambof3tornado
We have a 'hard core' support of around 10 -12K. If an autonomous manager isn't appointed and the football doesn't improve next season, numbers will drop to these levels again IMO.

It makes absolutely no sense, either in footballing or commercial terms, to increase the capacity of the stadium if the product on the pitch isn't good enough to pull the punters through the turnstiles.

So, I agree with JF - it has to be both for me. An improvement in the playing side will have the punters flocking back.

So we can expect an assault on the league title after the stand has been built,and in the mean time perhaps Vlad knows that the best we could get is 3rd place and regular UEFA cup football,so by cutting player costs just now he is setting us up on a better footing for the future?? The decent manager still must be appointed but given what Motherwell have to spend and Hibs we should IMO be able to regain our 3rd force status without too much spending.

Apologies for still sounding positive but I still think we are better off now than we were under CPR(muddyfield and no way out!!!)

Drylaw Hearts
It saves playing away from tynecastle(paying rent to the egg chasers),and would possibly mean that if capacity is reduced to say 14,000,away fans would still get a stand or portion but the rest of the ground could still be filled.

Playing wise you see it at every club that when the team is good more fans turn up to watch(hibs is the prime example).

Its not nice to think thats whats going on,its just another opinion,someone has to be able to read Vlads thoughts!!!

At the current rate of decline we will very easily fit all those who buy Season Tickets next year into :-

The Wheatfield

The Gorgie

1/2 - 2/3 of the Roseburn

That is probably around 11,000 seats.

Plenty.

And as you quite rightly point out - it will save the Club a fortune in rent and also save playing in the awkward feeling Muddyfield.

And with Hamilton being clear favourite for relegation from the SPL the worst we could probably finish is Bottom 6 again.

All speculation of course. :)

shaun.lawson
At the current rate of decline we will very easily fit all those who buy Season Tickets next year into :-

The Wheatfield

The Gorgie

Plenty.

And as you quite rightly point out - it will save the Club a fortune in rent and also save playing in the awkward feeling Muddyfield.

And with Hamilton being clear favourite for relegation from the SPL the worst we could probably finish is Bottom 6 again.

Why does everyone keep assuming they're coming up anyway? If they drop points today and Dundee win, it goes to the last game of the season - at Dens! I've a nasty feeling Dundee will end up pipping them, and they'd have a much better chance of staying up in the SPL.

Drylaw Hearts
...and may well be the preferred option of a lot of Hearts fans too?

BUT.....you might find it hard to get in without a season ticket under this scenario.

Do you think we'll sell 11,000 ST's in 2009/2010 if we have another disaster like this one next Season ?

I really have my doubts.

BTW, Tynecastle would always be my choice of where to play.

Drylaw Hearts
Why does everyone keep assuming they're coming up anyway? If they drop points today and Dundee win, it goes to the last game of the season - at Dens! I've a nasty feeling Dundee will end up pipping them, and they'd have a much better chance of staying up in the SPL.

The odds are heavily stacked against Dundee.

Hamilton are at home to a very poor Clyde side today and if they win they are up.

Do you think we'll sell 11,000 ST's in 2009/2010 if we have another disaster like this one next Season ?

I really have my doubts.

BTW, Tynecastle would always be my choice of where to play.

Who knows - depends on the appointment of a manager and what players he brings in?

If the current arrangement with the Hobos was to continue (whole of the Roseburn), we wouldn't be able to sell 11K Cat A STs. So, in the bigger games, seats would still be at a premium.

shaun.lawson
The odds are heavily stacked against Dundee.

Hamilton are at home to a very poor Clyde side today and if they win they are up.

I hope they get the job done today - but have a weird feeling it'll be 1-1, which could really set the cat among the pigeons. Fingers crossed you're right though: I'd love to see the Accies back in the top flight, and have no time for Dundee FC at all.

Jambof3tornado

The Wheatfield

The Gorgie

Plenty.

Speculation it may be, but isnt that all we ever have with regards to working out whats going on at our club(under previous regimes as well as the current one).

Drylaw Hearts
Who knows - depends on the appointment of a manager and what players he brings in?

If the current arrangement with the Hobos was to continue (whole of the Roseburn), we wouldn't be able to sell 11K Cat A STs. So, in the bigger games, seats would still be at a premium.

The Hobo's will have to only take 1/2 the Roseburn.

We had a similar arrangement when they built they're away stand.

Charlie-Brown

Hearts team will be better next season simply because I expect them to be more unfied & focused - even if that's just because the first team squad will be smaller - anyway I am expecting us to do more with less next season - but that shouldn't be too much of a target to reach / beat.........the stadium will happen in due course if UBIG & Romanov decide to procede - the high debt level scares me but if it is capitalised then that would be better however regardless if it's debt or equity Hearts financial fortunes will be tied to VR at a very high level - similarly if VR ever decided to sell HMFC it would cost previously unimaginable amount unless UBIG decided to sell cheap - but why would they?

Anyway I am expecting the football to get better even if it is just hopeful kids pushing underachievers out of the way.

The ground is already at capacity. To buy big players takes money, and that can't happen without an increase in the takings. Better corporate,more merchantise and more ticket sales, are the only way to increase takings and that means a bigger stand. Many call them glory hunters, some say they are stay away fans. Whatever you want to call them, a winning team will soon fill the new stand, and thus the cycle will begin. BUT this means a lean time until the stand gets built.

The problem is, I am NOT confident that it will be built, and can only hope.

Archived