Tusk Bus Accident - Guy is on the mend

wavydavy

Does anyone know how the young guy is that was crushed against a pillar at Shawlands school.

We were delayed in getting out of Shawlands School where all the Tusk buses were parked as a young Hearts fan was injured and taken to hospital, loads of police there and would not allow the bus to be moved until a hospital report was received.

The medics on site spend quite a bit of time with him before moving him believe they had to cut his clothes off to assess his injuries.

RRrrrrrrrrobertson!

Was just about to post the same question, hope the guy is ok.

It looked like he got a sore one.

Not heard it confirmed anywhere but I was told the lad died from his injuries. Terrible news if true. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Guy was on my bus, hope he's ok

Great day out, but I thought the Tusk package was very disorganised.

Not heard it confirmed anywhere but I was told the lad died from his injuries. Terrible news if true. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Please to god, no.

Ecce Romanov

Any other word of how the lad is doing? What happened?

RRrrrrrrrrobertson!

It looked like the lad was negotiating the gap between the bus and the wall/pillar. But as the bus turned onto the road that gap lessened with the poor lad still between the two. Truly hope its not as serious as you've heard gibson.

The Vulture

The buses were part of the hospitality package. After the game the buses were due to head back east at about 1815.

When the first bus (leaving the school) turned right , the back of the bus squashed a Hearts fan who was standing beside the pillar smoking a cigarette.

I spoke to someone on the bus, someone shouted at the driver that he had hit someone, and the driver kept on going and then someone said you have hit someone, he then checked his mirror and saw the Hearts fan lying on the tarmac. The driver then stopped the bus so it was blocking the road. Police then came to investigate, bloke was taken away in an ambulance.

We left Glasgow at around 8pm after he was given the all clear by medical staff as the police said that if something more serious had happened, crash investigators would have to do their own investigations and then remove the coach.

Strathclyde Police were brilliant, good communication telling everyone what was happening.

Really hope that he has not passed away.

RRrrrrrrrrobertson!

The buses were part of the hospitality package. After the game the buses were due to head back east at about 1815.

When the first bus (leaving the school) turned right , the back of the bus squashed a Hearts fan who was standing beside the pillar smoking a cigarette.

I spoke to someone on the bus, someone shouted at the driver that he had hit someone, and the driver kept on going and then someone said you have hit someone, he then checked his mirror and saw the Hearts fan lying on the tarmac. The driver then stopped the bus so it was blocking the road. Police then came to investigate, bloke was taken away in an ambulance.

We left Glasgow at around 8pm after he was given the all clear by medical staff as the police said that if something more serious had happened, crash investigators would have to do their own investigations and then remove the coach.

Strathclyde Police were brilliant, good communication telling everyone what was happening.

Really hope that he has not passed away.

was it true that the bus driver pranged a car on the way through to the game?

The Vulture

was it true that the bus driver pranged a car on the way through to the game?

I was told he did prang a car, but did not see any pranged car.

Really hope that the chap hit has not passed away.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I think we need to have this confirmed either way asap, horrible news if true.

Hoping it's not true, and the longer this goes without confirmation, the more likely it is to be a rumour, which would be great.

If the driver has pranged a car and hit someone in two different incidents in the same day, he'll be very lucky to keep his job.

scottish_chicP

Please someone confirm he didn't die. Absolutely horrendous if he did. How did this happen?

Guest C00l K1d

if someone shouted he had hit someone and he kept going the knob deserves to have the books thrown at him

Arthur Morgan

Yeah we really need to know if the guy is ok. Hopefully someone will update us with info tomorrow.

don't want to tempt fate but pretty sure this would have made the national news if he had passed away

The Vulture

says in the Daily Record that he (27) was treated for leg injuries. No mention of his demise thankfully.

Cairney2006

Sounds promising thankfully.

Has anyone heard anymore?

I checked several websites yesterday and could find nothing about this which I had hoped meant that the guy was ok. Hope someone can confirm for us one way or the other on here soon

From hibs.net

"That's my sisters boyfriends brother, thankfully going to be ok but a **** end to a **** day."

Hi guy,

Would like to thank you all for the messages of support! As you can see I am alive and well! Still in Glasgow Victoria, should be in here for the rest of the week! Had a problem with my spleen and bruised kidneys. On the mend so far!

Again thank you to everyone who help at the accident and again for all the fantastic support from you all!!

Jimmy Campbell

super_vlad

Hi guy,

Would like to thank you all for the messages of support! As you can see I am alive and well! Still in Glasgow Victoria, should be in here for the rest of the week! Had a problem with my spleen and bruised kidneys. On the mend so far!

Again thank you to everyone who help at the accident and again for all the fantastic support from you all!!

Jimmy Campbell

Good news mate, hope you get back on feet soon!

Guest C00l K1d

Was Jimmy no the name of the guy who broke his hip aswell (from the other thread?)

A bad day for jimmies :(:lol:

Get better soon bud

scottish_chicP

Hi guy,

Jimmy Campbell

Very glad to hear that! Speedy recovery thumbsup.gif

Tommy Wiseau

Used to work with Jimmy, great guy and glad to see on Facebook this morning he is doing ok.

What a nightmare, but hopefully he'll be back on his feet to look after his wee one again soon :thumbsup:

RRrrrrrrrrobertson!

So glad to read you are ok Jimmy. You weren't far from my thoughts Saturday evening to today. Get well soon!

Mad Dog Frazer

Hi guy,

Jimmy Campbell

i told you smnoking was bad for you pal :thumbsup:

what a wat tio go though jim eh

Archived