Parade or Tynecastle?

Walter Bishop

davemclaren

Shame you can't do both. Parade probably edges it - did the stadium in 98 and the parade in 2006.

Parade, nothing beats seeing the open top bus with the glistening cup up front turning onto Gorgie Road from Dalry.

Did Tynie in 98 and 06. Was only 3/4 full in 06 at most, as you have to choose one or the other. Can't wait to see the open top bus for the first time today! For those who have been before, is it any place for an 11 month old and a two year old. Desperate to take the kids but don't want to if it will be too cramped/ noisy for them. Any thoughts from the JKB parents?

internationalcoverup

Parade in 1998 and Tynecastle in 2006.

Parade wins hands down. At Tynecastle there was a lot of sitting about with not much happening.

Much better atmosphere outside in the streets.

If you are taking kids that young you would be better somewhere on the route away from gorgie.

That's what i was thinking. Maybe head to high st and then i'll get myself doon tae Gorgie for that glorious moment when the bus approaches Tynie.

Doctor FinnBarr

Tynecastle with no fags and booze v parade with fags and booze? No brainer IMO

Cheers

:thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

Will begin getting ready shortly to head round to Merchiston Hearts SC to take things in. Was out for something to eat about 10 minutes ago and bumped into someone who said they have apparently changed the arrangements today if going into Tynecastle, and you now have to purchase a ticket from the club shop. Anyone planning on going may wish to double check with the club, as I got the impression from speaking to people last night that they thought it was pay at the gate.

There are a fair few people on Gorgie Road already

Biffa Bacon

Tynecastle with no fags and booze v parade with fags and booze? No brainer IMO

Cheers

:thumbsup:

I'm not sure that the law covers this activity as a sporting occassion, so drinks may not be banned inside the ground, I recall my lad had a can of juice in 2006 going into the ground and I was looking for a bucket to put it in, when a steward said its ok to take it in.

Smoking will still be banned, as it is at every game unless you sit at the back of section G which appears to be exempt for the usual regulations :blink:

Been in the stadium the last two times and gonna do the parade this year. Is if possible to follow the bus from city chambers or does it go too fast? Think I'll head down to haymarket if that is the case.

rossthejambo

Parade, was at the stadium the last two times so fancy a change.

leaving shortly :jjyay:

Fozzyonthefence

What time does it start? Might have to get the bus or train though - don't think driving would be one of my better ideas.

information can be found HERE

2pm Parade begins from the City Chambers on the following route:

? Johnston Terrace

? Spittal Street

? Bread Street

? Morrison Street

? Haymarket

? Dalry Road

? Gorgie Road

? Tynecastle Stadium

2.15pm Turnstiles close - no admittance will be permitted thereafter.

3pm Players arrive back to Tynecastle Stadium on the open-top bus.

4pm Stadium cleared[/Quote]

What time does it start? Might have to get the bus or train though - don't think driving would be one of my better ideas.

Parade starts at 2pm from the City Chambers: see the Council's website. Claims that entry to the stadium will be free, with gates opening at 1pm and closing at 2:15pm.

Fozzyonthefence

Parade starts at 2pm from the City Chambers: see the Council's website. Claims that entry to the stadium will be free, with gates opening at 1pm and closing at 2:15pm.

Cheers

Is it easy enough follow the bus or does it go too quickly?

Would it be better at tynecastle though do you think???

Shame you can't do both. Parade probably edges it - did the stadium in 98 and the parade in 2006.

The parade is the place to be.

i was in the gorgie suite for 06 so i'm thinking the parade this year

davemclaren

The parade is the place to be.

Heading in now - emotions rising again. :ninja:

BIG TEAM BIG CUP - wee team wee cup. :D

Heading up to Gorgie now for the parade, I have to apologise to any jambos standing next to me though as I only woke up 10 minutes ago stinking of alcohol and haven't had time for a shower... Just stuck my hearts top on and ready to leave!

ENJOY! :thumbsup:

Toilet problem solved got a nice bit at the lights beside the toilets at Ardmillan terrace. Plenty Stella.

Feeling good!!!

Gotta be the parade, right from the start and all the way to Gorgie :D

did the stadium in 98, tbh just too much waiting around for me.

Prefer the parade but as I have the kids with me, chose Tynecastle- currently freezing my backside off in the Gorgie stand

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Busby2Gibson

Just back from the parade - City Chambers standing near the Heart of Midlothian. Great atmosphere, don't know who was taking more pictures, the crowds or the players. Paulo cool as standing at the back of the bus. Got some great pictures.

gravydavie

I'm not sure that the law covers this activity as a sporting occassion, so drinks may not be banned inside the ground, I recall my lad had a can of juice in 2006 going into the ground and I was looking for a bucket to put it in, when a steward said its ok to take it in.

Smoking will still be banned, as it is at every game unless you sit at the back of section G which appears to be exempt for the usual regulations :blink:

it`s hee haw to do with booze,it` could be construed as a missile...................... :whistling:

Haymarket station bouncing! Unfortunately I'm en route to Sheffield so can't get off and join in!

:shitwine:

Great times at the stadium. Decent kickabout with the U17/19s, and We were treated to a few songs by that Saskia girl. A lot of the players were incredibly shy. McGowan did his trademark skipping celebration, Jordan Morton sounded pissed and there was another rendition of 'The Beattie'.

Saskia ended up stealing the show - not just does she have a tremendous voice for a 10 year old, she can twist a song into a Jambo anthem very well.

With the lack of posts on here hope you are all having a bloody ball!!!

Get some pics up when you get back.

Prefer the parade but as I have the kids with me, chose Tynecastle- currently freezing my backside off in the Gorgie stand

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I was in the Gorgie stand too. Freezing it was. :(

Parade next time I think.

:shitwine:

With the lack of posts on here hope you are all having a bloody ball!!!

Get some pics up when you get back.

Too right we're having a ball!

parade1.jpg

parade2.jpg

parade3.jpg

Arthur Morgan

Was in the stadium in 06 and stupidly decided to do the same today :facepalm: Although tbf, I had my Nephew and Nieces with me so it was less hectic for them. As other posters have said, just too much waiting around before the players arrived and the atmosphere wasn't the greatest. Definitely the Parade the next time for me (when we win it again :thumbsup: ) as I have seen the youtube videos of it today and it looked and sounded great.

Archived