Credit Crunch - Any Ukio Spill Over?

Deodato

JKB,

Given that banks like UBS have now written down the value of a small developed country, I was wondering if there is any news of Romanov's bank being exposed to the credit crunch.

My initials are that he would be insulated from Sub Prime and LIBOR issues, but the main kicker in the city just now is those ugly looking SPVs rolling back (onto) the balance sheet, again. Its gonna hurt, for a long time to come.I could imagine Romanov having exposure there.

Grateful for any intel and thoughts on this one, and apologies if its already been debated. (PS: Buffalo and Co, see you in Diggers tomorrow?)

Deodato

Dirk Diggler

Report somewhere yesterday that UKIO had performed well in comparison.

Someone will post it i'm sure.

Many others will be quick to ridicule it.

boabyarsebiscuit
JKB,

Given that banks like UBS have now written down the value of a small developed country, I was wondering if there is any news of Romanov's bank being exposed to the credit crunch.

My initials are that he would be insulated from Sub Prime and LIBOR issues, but the main kicker in the city just now is those ugly looking SPVs rolling back (onto) the balance sheet, again. Its gonna hurt, for a long time to come.I could imagine Romanov having exposure there.

Grateful for any intel and thoughts on this one, and apologies if its already been debated. (PS: Buffalo and Co, see you in Diggers tomorrow?)

Deodato

No worries. The Aluminium price went up today. ;)

Buffalo Bill
JKB,

Deodato

I can't make it tomorrow, mate.

But I'll see you around.

image343.png

Buffalo Bill

From my cursory glance over the Ukio Bankas financial results, it has as yet had no impact. Ukio Bankas' share price of course has fallen since last summer, though it has perhaps done a bit better than Western big banks.

I don't think that there is any public information about UBIG's finances. People quote an assets figure and a turnover figure. But I have not seen a profit figure or how they are financed. Given that they have grown quite quickly in immature markets it is possible that they may be having issues with their debt.

I wonder where they think that they are going to get the outside finance for what someone quoted as half a billion pounds (or perhaps euros) worth of real estate related developments. Those markets are seizing up.

Archived