User-uploaded smiley pictures

Hansel

Snake Plissken

Why is everyone up at this hour on a Tuesday night/Wednesday morning? :lol:

Personally, I'm grateful we have so many insomniacs/night shift workers.

Your 2am is my 11am, I'm only 'on duty' for about 17 hours out of a 40 hour week so I have a lot of downtime to add to my post count.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I'm grateful we have so many insomniacs/night shift workers.

Your 2am is my 11am, I'm only 'on duty' for about 17 hours out of a 40 hour week so I have a lot of downtime to add to my post count.

Australia?

I'm gratefull to JKB has so many overseas jambos who post, for all these long night shifts I've been working lately. :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

Australia?

I'm gratefull to JKB has so many overseas jambos who post, for all these long night shifts I've been working lately. :thumbsup:

:unsure:

My location is underneath my avatar...

Snake Plissken

I'm on my phone bud, so it doesn't show up.

South Korea.

Bert Le Clos

Keep all the little ones which appear before you need to hit Show All, they're pretty useful for a quick click.

Would also keep :4_1_72::boak::greggs_logo::hobo::troll::hobofish::worthless_thread::ban::rofl:

To be honest, I wouldn't be too fussed to lose some of those too.

Other than the good user created ones, pretty much all the ones which disappeared the other day, I'd be happy for the rest to go.

I knew this post was around somewhere. I meant to reply earlier but I was busy with other stuff.

I wouldn't call it a bandwidth issue, but it'd be better if there were fewer smileys and if they were smaller (not as small as the pre-uploaded smileys, but not as big as the user-uploaded ones are at present). We have too many generally, and too many of the user-designed ones - several of which are, in fairness, probably due to be retired anyway.

Opinions on that would be welcome, and if anyone has the time and the inclination to post re-sized versions of some of the more familiar pictures, that might add some interest to the discussion as well.

Cheers.

Agree there are way, WAY too many. Just keep the stardard ones that appear before you click "show all" in the emoticons list, plus maybe a further 10 or so of the most popular ones. e.g. greggy, verysmug, pleasing, cornette, vrface

scott_jambo

TBF, many of us have put in requests previously to the mods/admin for thee user uploaded smileys that are never used to be removed but it was never actioned.

Good to see the guys are responding to the opinion that we would like the more popular ones to return. :thumbsup:

I knew this post was around somewhere. I meant to reply earlier but I was busy with other stuff.

I wouldn't call it a bandwidth issue, but it'd be better if there were fewer smileys and if they were smaller (not as small as the pre-uploaded smileys, but not as big as the user-uploaded ones are at present). We have too many generally, and too many of the user-designed ones - several of which are, in fairness, probably due to be retired anyway.

Opinions on that would be welcome, and if anyone has the time and the inclination to post re-sized versions of some of the more familiar pictures, that might add some interest to the discussion as well.

Cheers.

What size would be better Uly?

BoJack Horseman

If Uly can send me the current files of the ones we'd like to keep, I can resize them and fire them back over no problem.

Tommy Wiseau

Get rid of all the jobby ones like

:sincere: :gray: :faceman::wannabemod: :paterson: :patersonio: :patersone: :stronglinks: :finbarr:

I could go on, None of these get used ^^^ Punt them and keep :greggy: and some of the other decent ones

That Weller and Charlie Adam one was intended to troll me - "wannabe Mod" apparently :lol:

Aye, get rid of all of those. One or two served a purpose for a bit back in the day, but the chat is either not relevant anymore or the smilies have been overtaken by better ones. For a start get rid of anything I "made" - gash #facepalm

Vlad-Stupid

I think a 343gffq.jpgWould be handy.if Lionel or Walter wanted to tidy it up and sort the sizethumbsup.gif

BoJack Horseman

A quick/rough test of a couple downsized to 100px height.

ooh100.png

cry100.png

cornette100.png

Need to sort your backgrounds out.

Sterling Archer

I'll resize/fix backgrounds when I get in if noone has done it by then

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I quite like this one......

:look:

Although, there seems to be a fault affecting it, causing it to blink on and off, which kind of ruins it. :(

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

The "half" as well, boohoo, you had the "half" thrown in for free.

It was a far wittier and cleverer post than any that have ever been submitted with simply a big smiley.

But thanks for the recognition.

Minging post. A well-timed :cornette: >>>>>>>> your shite puns.

I'll not have time, just did those rough downsizes to get an idea how they would look smaller really. Not sure they would work much smaller than that tbh, but I don't know if Uly is trying to get them small enough to make the text format better - a big smiley mid paragraph does mess up the flow a bit.

Vlad-Stupid

Do a :goodlord: one wink.gif

TBF, many of us have put in requests previously to the mods/admin for thee user uploaded smileys that are never used to be removed but it was never actioned.

Good to see the guys are responding to the opinion that we would like the more popular ones to return. :thumbsup:

The upload system based on the JKB economy involved individuals uploading their own smiley pics, which was a bit chaotic, and you're right that we do need to tidy up the stock of smilies to remove ones that no-one particularly uses.

If we had fewer in place overall, there might be value in having some kind of system so that members could propose adding new smilies or getting rid of ones that were past their "sell by" date.

What size would be better Uly?

Not sure. They do need to be smaller, but obviously they would not work if they were too small.

A quick/rough test of a couple downsized to 100px height.

ooh100.png

cry100.png

cornette100.png

Thanks for doing that.

Maybe they'd be OK for size. Realistically, I doubt that they could be made any smaller.

What do others think? :unsure:

The upload system based on the JKB economy involved individuals uploading their own smiley pics, which was a bit chaotic, and you're right that we do need to tidy up the stock of smilies to remove ones that no-one particularly uses.

If we had fewer in place overall, there might be value in having some kind of system so that members could propose adding new smilies or getting rid of ones that were past their "sell by" date.

A lord of the flies or survival of the fittest scenario??

Sounds :interesting:

If Uly can send me the current files of the ones we'd like to keep, I can resize them and fire them back over no problem.

Thanks for the offer, Walter. Let's see what people make of Lionel's re-sizing above.

Bert Le Clos

Lionel's sizing is fine. But I agree no smaller.

It's all about Jim Cornette's eyes. Any smaller it loses the effect.

Archived