Good places for a 40th birthday get-together ?

Drew Busby !

Drew Busby !

The wife is 40 in June, I'm getting the uncomfortable feeling that I'm being expected to come up with some wizard place for a family and friends bash.

From what I can understand from the coded instructions that I'm receiving, it should be:

NOT too large ie not a hall/disco and all the trimmings

NOT too small ie not just a cosy meal for a few family members and friends

So it's gotta be something inbetween. Something like ... a nice room that can be hired (could be part of a nice hotel/decent drinking establishment) and should do some decent grub (nice buffet but not just yer basic egg sandwiches and sausage rolls).

Anyone got any experience of somewhere in Edinburgh that fits those general criteria for that kind of gig ?

Sexton Hardcastle

Check with the other girl thats havign a party. Shes having Nazis, Whoores, Midgets, Drugs to name but a few things at here gig.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Is it a surprise or not and is it your wife thats wanting the party or her family?

To be truthful, I'm 40 next year and don't want a 'do'.

I'd rather go away somewhere nice with my wife and feck the family and friends. Can always have a pub bash when you come back.

You should ask your wife what she would rather do.

Sorry for sounding like a bah humbug but I hate birthdays.

Drew Busby !
Is it a surprise or not and is it your wife thats wanting the party or her family?

To be truthful, I'm 40 next year and don't want a 'do'.

I'd rather go away somewhere nice with my wife and feck the family and friends. Can always have a pub bash when you come back.

You should ask your wife what she would rather do.

Sorry for sounding like a bah humbug but I hate birthdays.

She's a bird mate.

I have to achieve the fine balance of meeting her wishes without her just outright telling me exactly what it is she wants. Been there before... it's a lose-lose situation with any woman :laugh:

laddie had his 18 in the rainbow,they let you do your own buffet and fling in a free dj as well.the place probably holds about 80 comfortably good wee place.

Archived