Hearts to post a profit according to BBC

Don Roberto

Don Roberto

The early news is predicting that Hearts will post a profit for the 2nd year in a row. Good to see the finances becoming more stable

speedbump

But we are going down the tubes, tick tock, flats flats glorious flats etc etc........

How is that possible..

The previous year i thought we posted a profit because UBIG gave us 10 million in a cash for equity deal..

Don't get me wrong i would be absolutely delighted but again unsure how it would be possible.

Don Roberto

Just what I heard on the six o'clock news on Radio Scotland. (Briefest of mentions for somethiing like this) Delighted if this is the case

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just heard something on Radio Forth while half asleep... Did anyone else? Hope I heard right.... :D

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Anyone? ... Net debt; 20 million? Did we get another debt restructuring job? We can't have traded anything like that...

Anyone? ... Net debt; 20 million? Did we get another debt restructuring job? We can't have traded anything like that...

if that is true we should be headline news for the progress made, or do we only get headlines when it's a negative story? (no need to answer, we already know answer)

Having a net debt doesn't mean we cant make an annual profit.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Good news if true but like others I would be surprised. Have we really cut wages that much so quickly?

speedbump

Posting a profit for a trading year is different from the current overdraft facility or debt as some would call it.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Having a net debt doesn't mean we cant make an annual profit.

I think his point is that the debt would have come down a fair bit as well

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ah, okay... Like I said, half asleep still. I'll need to listen properly when it comes on next.

Guess The Crowd

Good news if true but like others I would be surprised. Have we really cut wages that much so quickly?

Undoubtedly not. Must be another substantial debt equity swap.

Another chunk of debt written off or something similar if this is true. No way we could make a profit otherwise.

ToadKiller Dog

Oh my giddy aunt

Feck me sirgay and the hobo accountants will be spewing

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Down to around 20 mil.

According to Radio Forth. Plus Brian McLauchlan on Twitter, claims 12 mil debt restructure.

Cheers Mr Romanov.

Vlad-Stupid

:glorious:

Sad thing is, he still won't get any credit from the foamers. Wonder who'll be first to point out he takes nowt to do with the club anymore so deserves no credit :rolleyes:

syndicalist

Good news, especially given we have a money making couple final coming up and are clearly reducing the cost of our squad.

Guest GhostHunter

That's a helluva drop in the total debt...?12m....

:D

The timing is also impeccable Mr Romanov, impeccable

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That man plays the media like a fine old fiddle.

:)

Chad Sexington

Mr Romanov is some kind of wonderful. :wub:

We are lucky to have him.

Leader. Poet. Dancer. Icon.

1319906118foto7277.jpg

The Comedian

Sure is. I'd like to hear more on how this came about.

the day we post accounts showing reduced debt, rankers go into liquidation? :whistling:

And another ?10m will be cut next season now obua gone

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hurrah! Another UBIG profit! :glorious:

Now, just need to get on top of the cash flow :ninja:

Buffalo Bill

This is great news and even more relevant on a week when we lost to a well-organised Motherwell side and drawn with Dundee Utd; two clubs who pay their players hundreds, not thousands, and yet have given us more than a few lessons on the park in the last couple of years.

Cardiac Rucksack

?12million you say...

:greggy:

Bert Le Clos

:vrwow:

That's Vladtastic.

And to think it could have been even more had Zal not earned himself so many clean sheet bonuses over the course of the season. He truly does cost us every game he plays in.

Vlad-Stupid

That's Vladtastic.

And to think it could have been even more had Zal not earned himself so many clean sheet bonuses over the course of the season. He truly does cost us every game he plays in.

:jjyay:

ToYouToMe

Our esteemed glorious leader has surpassed even his own previous standards.

mod delete

As for me i still think Romanov is an absolute legend and wish I could be at the cup final to lead the Vladimir Romanov song..

Chris Benoit

That's Vladtastic.

:rofl:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Who will be first to say; this is proof he is no longer interested and wants rid?

This will be one seethe session that I will actually enjoy. :D

Cardiac Rucksack

They will be crying in the streets of Drylaw. I predict "7years and he only has the debt back to Robinson era and only 1measly Scottish cup to show for it."

Footballfirst

The last debt for equity swap of ?10M in Nov 2010 will be included in these accounts.

Given that the net debt was at ?36M in the last set of accounts and the figures are as quoted, then it looks like Vlad has either "forgiven" some debt or is doing another debt for equity swap.

Manny1874

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're so lucky to have a wealthy foreign businessman to look after the club in such difficult times. God forbid we'd have ended up with a crook like David Murray in charge, or Craig Whyte

:greggy: :glorious:

Good news, becoming self reliant is obviously the aim now. I just hope we can continue to field a competitive team whilst doing so.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're so lucky to have a wealthy foreign businessman to look after the club in such difficult times. God forbid we'd have ended up with a crook like David Murray in charge, or Craig Whyte

We should have just sold Tynecastle and moved to Murrayfield imo. :D

18scotty74

Has Mr Romanov not just written off more money than people are offering for Rangers? I wonder how he decided on such a figure. For the benefit of the media personalities who have treated him so well over the years maybe.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Great headline but it also shows why anyone with half a brain was relaxed about our debt figure.

Bert Le Clos

And to think the media had the cheek to question Vlad's history as if to paint him as some sort of Russian mafioso.

Guid Scottish laddies on all levels then.

rossthejambo

Mr Romanov is a God amongst men, some people just don't know how lucky we are.

Fortunately for them, Mr Romanov is not a vengeful man when it comes to Hearts supporters.

0,,10289~3731101,00.jpg

Archived