Vote No Rangers Newco in the SPL next season

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

With the SPL to vote on Monday we have just over 72 hours left until our club must decide and cast their vote for the treatment of any Rangers FC newco and whether they should be allowed into the SPL next season.

Should Hearts vote for Rangers to be allowed into the SPL next season? let HMFC & Romanov know how we feel.

No ******* Way should this shower of cheatin ***** be allowed back into the SPL. They should, If we must let them back into Scottish Football, start in the 3rd Division.

If it was solely up to me, I'd tell them to GTF and let Spartans or Cove Rangers in and they could go down South :P

JamboAberdeen

Let's tell them to join Northern Football League instead.

Why do we have to care about the team who has been crying about their ultimate dream of joining English football?

Charlie-Brown

In my opinion it would be a complete betrayal of Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Scottish football if any clemency at all is shown to Rangers FC.

Paulo Sergio's comments in todays newspapers might be well intentioned but as somebody with little awareness of the recent history of Scottish football he is simply wrong.

Rangers must be fully punished for the wrongdoings and massive tax cheating & fraud - especially when they have disadvantaged so many other football clubs and failed their creditors especially the football clubs to whom they owe lots of money.

Rangers must be sent to the bottom of Scottish football.

Anything less is a betrayal imo.

Every club in the SPL should have been having meetings with fan groups running up to this gathering on Monday. They should have been told exactly what the fans/customers are thinking, and probably have been telling them that if they are going to punish Rangers properly resulting in a loss of revenue, that they would need a big push by supporters to help them dealing if the clubs started to struggle due to any revenue loss.

I'm guessing that most fan groups would rally around their club to make sure any revenue loss could be offset by increased attendance.

Guest C00l K1d

**** them.

However I might see them re-entering as clubs might be to scared to take the initial hit in ticket sales.

It would be totally unfair though and I don't even see how a new club should be allowed to start in the premier division

Rudolf's Mate

Hope they die an orrible death.... Oh wait, they are! Best result is they vanish completely however will settle for newco to join 3rd div.

If a newco Rangers are allowed into the SPL then the Cup final will be my last game.

Seconded

AllyjamboDerbyshire

There is no good reason on earth why Rangers should be allowed to remain in the SPL, and the SFL should be considered too good for cheats. Cheating destroys sport, sport should destroy cheats. Rangers' cheating has cost Hearts money (even ignoring the Wallace fee) by pushing us further down the league than we otherwise would have finished on a number of occasions, and if we spend the next few seasons without them in the SPL our league position will inevitably be better with prize money correspondingly higher, with an increase in home support and probably the away support too. There will also be less of a drain on our potential young supporters as there will be one less 'big team' for them to follow. There might be an initial drop in income but the long term benefits will more than cover that. The only supporters I will feel sorry for are those who follow the teams in the lower divisions who will have to suffer their vile appearance in their, mainly, small towns.

My message to the Hearts' board is:- do nothing to 'save' or help Rangers. If they are found guilty of cheating they MUST be thrown out of the SPL.

Surely after everything Vlad has said about Scottish football and particularly the OF he will not allow us to vote a newco Rangers back in. As far as I'm concerned if we do then Everything Vlad has said and been fined over for the past 6 years will have been in vein and would strike me as hypocrisy. Secondly if they are allowed back in I'm finished what will the point be? It'll show the game here is corrupt and it won't matter what anyone does it will only ever be catered for two horrible vile institutions I will follow the EPL, for a little more travel costs I'll get a much better brand of football without the corruption

Francis Albert

Isn't Monday's vote on the proposed new sanctions on a Newco? Whether or not they get into the SPL is a different matter, still decided by the SPL Board vote. The risk in voting down the proposed new sanctions as too lenient (which they are) is that the SPL Board can just vote them into the SPL with no or lesser sanctions.

On another matter isn't it time the SPL said something about the side contracts issue? In a footballing sense this is potentially a far bigger issue than what the SFA have adjudicated on so far.

They cheated, got caught and are now crying like little bitches about finally being punished. I've a horrible feeling though that they'll stay in the SPL - despite all their years of whining and saying they wanted to leave. They should undoubtedly be told to GTF.

rab obanheartsno1

rangers gtf,you cheated for years and should pay it ,if it was us wed be in the third division by now :down:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

When Rangers pay off all the debts and serve all the punishments, then I couldn't care less what they are up to or where they are playing.

It they are allowed anywhere near ANY league in Scotland without paying for their crimes then their crimes will be continuing in my mind and that will mean the end of the game for me.

Nothing personal, just a level playing field for me.

Vlad-Stupid

If a new co comes straight back in, I will still go to the games but I'll refuse to acknowledge their existence. Won't be attending any matches involving them

There is no good reason on earth why Rangers should be allowed to remain in the SPL, and the SFL should be considered too good for cheats. Cheating destroys sport, sport should destroy cheats. Rangers' cheating has cost Hearts money (even ignoring the Wallace fee) by pushing us further down the league than we otherwise would have finished on a number of occasions, and if we spend the next few seasons without them in the SPL our league position will inevitably be better with prize money correspondingly higher, with an increase in home support and probably the away support too. There will also be less of a drain on our potential young supporters as there will be one less 'big team' for them to follow. There might be an initial drop in income but the long term benefits will more than cover that. The only supporters I will feel sorry for are those who follow the teams in the lower divisions who will have to suffer their vile appearance in their, mainly, small towns.

My message to the Hearts' board is:- do nothing to 'save' or help Rangers. If they are found guilty of cheating they MUST be thrown out of the SPL.

Didn't Dunfy state that Rangers cost them money. As they have to pay for extra police and stewards. Also without rangers teams are only losing a couple of away gate ticket sales a season. So off set the drop in revenue against the costs in extra policing and stewards then you aren't really losing that much income.

ToadKiller Dog

If a new co comes straight back in, I will still go to the games but I'll refuse to acknowledge their existence. Won't be attending any matches involving them

Thats the way i went on that survey .

There should be no newco in the SPL ,if they some chance avoid liquidation they should be severly punished for at least 3 seasons ,I actually think they should have the tranfer ban extended and at least a 3 year euro ban .

They boast of how we will lose money with out the hun ,but how much have the SPL clubs lost over the what 15 years of cheatery ,lost from missed out chances in league prize money ,scottish and league cup prize money possible euro prize money which the cheating allowed them and the tic to virtually keep for themselves .

There cheating stopped any real development to let them off with a wee slap on the wrist would be a bigger crime than what they did .

drumie jambo

No ******* Way should this shower of cheatin ***** be allowed back into the SPL. They should, If we must let them back into Scottish Football, start in the 3rd Division.

If it was solely up to me, I'd tell them to GTF and let Spartans or Cove Rangers in and they could go down South :P

Aye tell them to feck off and take the other shower of terrorists wi them

Don't let them back into the game here at all. A vile instution that has been a stain on Scotlands good name for years.

Every club in the SPL should have been having meetings with fan groups running up to this gathering on Monday. They should have been told exactly what the fans/customers are thinking, and probably have been telling them that if they are going to punish Rangers properly resulting in a loss of revenue, that they would need a big push by supporters to help them dealing if the clubs started to struggle due to any revenue loss.

I'm guessing that most fan groups would rally around their club to make sure any revenue loss could be offset by increased attendance.

No chance of fans doing anything of the sort.

I trust the club to do the right thing for Hearts.

southside1874

There shouldn't be meetings regarding this. The rules are in place and all members must adhere to them. A new club should apply to the third division (SFL) and this matter is dealt with by the SFL.

Rangers in the SPL next season is totally unthinkable for the reasons of fairness and sport. They went into administration and should suffer for not running their club properly. Hearts are running close to the bone, but I would accept the punishment if it came to a similar scenario.

If Rangers are allowed in then the rest of the clubs would be just as well to close their doors to the SPL. Talk about level playing fields :unsure:

They should be kicked out on their erses. No quarter should be given to those charlatans. Chick Dung wanted the book thrown at Hearts a couple of months back for a fraction of what that criminal bunch have been up to for the past 20 years. Hoist them on their own putrid petard is what I say. Get it right up them!!!!

Tam Cowan was right on BBC Scotland earlier this evening when he said Rangers had no interest in the wellbeing of Scottish Football when they and the Tic were trying to 'escape' to the Premier League. They should be joining the cue behind Spartans for a place in Division 3. **** them!

FarmerTweedy

There shouldn't be meetings regarding this. The rules are in place and all members must adhere to them. A new club should apply to the third division (SFL) and this matter is dealt with by the SFL.

Rangers in the SPL next season is totally unthinkable for the reasons of fairness and sport. They went into administration and should suffer for not running their club properly. Hearts are running close to the bone, but I would accept the punishment if it came to a similar scenario.

If Rangers are allowed in then the rest of the clubs would be just as well to close their doors to the SPL. Talk about level playing fields :unsure:

First things first, Hearts have no say in what happens to any rangers newco, it's up to the 6 man SPL board, which comprises SPL Chief Exec Neil Doncaster, SPL Chairman Ralph Topping and the 4 other SPL board members, who if I remember rightly are from celtic, St Johnstone, Motherwell and Dundee Utd (can't really be bothered looking to confirm the 4!) to decide on what would happen to a newco. It's still worth making sure the Hearts fans' views are heard though, as this may have some influence, albeit probably a very small one, on how the SPL board members vote.

Secondly, there are no rules in place to decide this, which is exactly why there have to be meetings. The only rule is that it's up to the SPL board to decide in the event that a newco situation arises. This is something that must be changed. There must be specific rules put in place that dictate what happens in a newco situation, regardless of the identity, size or potential wealth of the club that's going down the newco path. At the moment, we're faced with a situation where one decision may be made about rangers if they go down the newco path, but if another club, say St johnstone or Inverness, went down the same path in a year's time, a completely different decision could be made by the SPL board, depending on how it suited the 4 club reps on the SPL board at that time. This situation must be addressed.

Thirdly, it's not entirely up to the SPL to decide that a newco rangers should go into the 3rd division. The SPL and SFL are two separate organisations which have an agreement in place regarding promotion/relegation between the SPL and 1st division. If the SPL kick out rangers, there's no automatic right for the SPL to either promote a second team from the 1st division or waive relegation for the bottom team in the SPL. Unless the SFL was to agree to either of these options, the SPL would have to either carry on with only 11 teams, or seek a completely new entrant (e.g. Spartans) from outwith the SPL and SFL structures. Of course, if they were going to get a newco rangers as a member club, it's very hard to imagine the SFL not agreeing to either relegation from the SPL being cancelled for a season, or a 2nd team being promoted from the 1st division, but it is a fact that it's not simply up to the SPL to decide everything that happens!

FWIW, my view is that if rangers do go down the newco route, they should be denied SPL membership whatever the financial cost in TV deals, league sponsorship, etc, as the sporting integrity of the league, however much of it there may be, has to be preserved above everything else. There's no point in it at all if it's officially bent, as opposed to unofficially, as many believe it to be at the moment!

No chance of fans doing anything of the sort.

I trust the club to do the right thing for Hearts.

Yep. Dump them out of the league and start building for a second place finish and eventual little challenge.

Archived