Ticket office won't add points

Jambo99

I have no problem with loyalty points will get a ticket for myself, but my son who comes to every game home and away, pay at gate away, I buy in ticket office home games. Spurs home and away. Problem here I presumed buying father and son ticket every game it shows on my account two tickets every match. Went into ticket office to discover they have made a separate account for him when I buy the tickets. Thought easy sorted into office all his ticket stubs , my account history they would sort it out.

Absolutely disgusting attitude. Stinking to be honest. Young girl been told a script. No more points on any account. Surely some customer service needed as she says computer says no. But computer shows full history. Nearly every game home and away two tickets. 18 year old tells me only one now ha ha. Not f....en happy.

Doug?

I completely agree though. I'd be raging if I was caught out with that. They simply must be able to transfer/allocate points to others.

Not quite the same but similar - i went in yesterday to merge accounts (they had multiple accounts for every member of my family), in order to get some of them above the threshold for a ticket, and they did it no problem. I was worried they wouldn't, similar to how you describe above.

That is pretty poor form from them.

I have no problem with loyalty points will get a ticket for myself, but my son who comes to every game home and away, pay at gate away, I buy in ticket office home games. Spurs home and away. Problem here I presumed buying father and son ticket every game it shows on my account two tickets every match. Went into ticket office to discover they have made a separate account for him when I buy the tickets. Thought easy sorted into office all his ticket stubs , my account history they would sort it out.

Absolutely disgusting attitude. Stinking to be honest. Young girl been told a script. No more points on any account. Surely some customer service needed as she says computer says no. But computer shows full history. Nearly every game home and away two tickets. 18 year old tells me only one now ha ha. Not f....en happy.

Some key words there.

Rudolf's Mate

Not quite the same but similar - i went in yesterday to merge accounts (they had multiple accounts for every member of my family), in order to get some of them above the threshold for a ticket, and they did it no problem. I was worried they wouldn't, similar to how you describe above.

That is pretty poor form from them.

I gather you mean one person in had more than one account and you merged them?

Sergio Garcia

As far as I am aware they are merging accounts if you have two in the same name but they are not moving points to other people's accounts.

My brother was told it was because they don't have the manpower to do this, but I think it will also be to avoid anyone trying to play the system ( I am in no way accusing OP of doing this). The only way to avoid people playing the system is a blanket ban on any points transfer between different people, probably the only fair way for everyone. It's just a shame if you are affected by this.

As far the girl in the TO attitude, perhaps she has been inundated with the same requests/calls for days/weeks and is taking some abuse.

I did exactly this before the semi final with no problems at all, seems strange the sudden change in attitude. If i was you i would put your concerns in writing (email) to [email protected] with all the detail and your son account number. good luck

thepintsizedradge

They'll have taken abuse for the Season Ticket fiasco only a matter of weeks ago, and now taking abuse about the Loyalty Points etc; when really its not the folk in the ticket office that make these rules. Not that I'm saying she was right in treating you in such a manner that you're angry about, but **** having to work in there.

Sergio Garcia

I did exactly this before the semi final with no problems at all, seems strange the sudden change in attitude. If i was you i would put your concerns in writing (email) to [email protected] with all the detail and your son account number. good luck

The problem is now they have so many people wanting to do it and they don't have the manpower. Before the semi it wasn't that big a deal as everyone who wanted a ticket got one. My brother who normally books my dad's and my tickets should have sorted the points out before the semi but didn't and know like most are in the same boat that points won't be moved.

A guy in my work was telling me that some boy came in who previously had never been a season ticket holder, he had 5 of the zebra finance forms filled out for the season ticket 10 monthly plan.

Boy in the office told him they wouldn't accept it as he could quite easily get tickets for the final then cancel the direct debit instruction after the game!!

A possible scam that I hadn't thought people would be trying tbh.

Dean Winchester

Can't really blame the TO for this one. Peoples own fault for not keeping track of their loyalty points IMO.

Walter Payton

Can't really blame the TO for this one. Peoples own fault for not keeping track of their loyalty points IMO.

I agree, but they've made a rod for their own back by previously being amenable to making corrections.

Too late now, but if they'd been a bit more forward thinking about the possibility of us making a final and the likely demand for tickets they would have advertised to supporters that after a certain date no more corrections would be possible. That way nobody could complain about a change in attitude towards the situation.

Rudolf's Mate

A guy in my work was telling me that some boy came in who previously had never been a season ticket holder, he had 5 of the zebra finance forms filled out for the season ticket 10 monthly plan.

Boy in the office told him they wouldn't accept it as he could quite easily get tickets for the final then cancel the direct debit instruction after the game!!

Yep girl was pretty sheety with me until she mentioned the finance and I told her I paid by debit card.

Although her attitude mellowed after that my back was up.

Rudolf's Mate

Good luck with that one as I emailed them early last week, later in the week & again yesterday. All 3 emails were re different things however the only response I got was an automated email after the third one saying high demand, may take longer than 5 days to respond!

I was also told today that season ticket had to be bought outright if folk wanted loyalty points added in time for 3rd May. I think that's fair enough tbh.

PS I'm ok, I was enquiring on behalf of others who shall remain nameless!

I can see the office workers point on a lot of the issues, they must be taking some amount of shite for the decisions or lack of decisions from people paid a lot more than them!!!!

Good luck with that one as I emailed them early last week, later in the week & again yesterday. All 3 emails were re different things however the only response I got was an automated email after the third one saying high demand, may take longer than 5 days to respond!

Im still waiting on my automated one over the season ticket episode.

Buy a season ticket for next season bet they add the points then.

Few waiting to get there share points added..

My pal has 1 share waiting he is waiting on the GTF email.

Diadora Van Basten

Whilst I can understand that it is partly my fault as I didn't allocate the points to my son, until the Tottenham away match I had never even heard of loyalty points.

I have bought various tickets for my son since then and should really have made sure that his points were allocated.

It is though not very nice being told by the ticket office that they can't help and I was raging over this all of yesterday afternoon.

I do though recognise it's not the ticket office staffs fault and made sure that I ended my call with them before I lost my temper with them.

Somebody at Hearts made the decision that loyalty points should be policed strictly and whilst I do not agree with this I have now calmed down and accept that my son will not be attending the final.

This is necessary though. Can you imagine the abuse if they start transferring points around.

Anyone who has a decent balance will suddenly have been buying for someone else and want points transferred and quickly the sale and thresholds will be a farce.

Loyalty points have been in existance for 6 years and people have no one to blame but themselves. It isn't hard to assign tickets to people and turning round and moaning as you have failed to understand or do this is not on.

Diadora Van Basten

This is necessary though. Can you imagine the abuse if they start transferring points around.

Anyone who has a decent balance will suddenly have been buying for someone else and want points transferred and quickly the sale and thresholds will be a farce.

Loyalty points have been in existance for 6 years and people have no one to blame but themselves. It isn't hard to assign tickets to people and turning round and moaning as you have failed to understand or do this is not on.

I was not aware loyalty points had been around that long, as far as I am aware this is only the second time that they have been relevant.

Too be honest it is not something which would be that difficult to fix. If I purchased two tickets for a cup game then the second one is for my son. As I am a season ticket holder if I purchase a ticket for a league game then it is for my son (probably also obvious as it would be a childs ticket).

I really don't see a problem with fixing this or how it can be possible to abuse the system.

I was also told today that season ticket had to be bought outright if folk wanted loyalty points added in time for 3rd May. I think that's fair enough tbh.

PS I'm ok, I was enquiring on behalf of others who shall remain nameless!

bought two season tickets on sunday using the four month finance plan points added today so not sure if its only the 10 month plan ?

Was in last Friday and the girl couldn,t have been more helpful.She has been instructed on how to deal with requests and is only doing her job.

Chris Benoit

So is there no points transfers at all? In a slightly different position that me and my brother have our accounts linked but he didn't put the st Mirren replay onto my account. Guessing I've no chance of getting them added?

Walter Payton

So is there no points transfers at all? In a slightly different position that me and my brother have our accounts linked but he didn't put the st Mirren replay onto my account. Guessing I've no chance of getting them added?

From speaking to the club this morning, you've got no chance unfortunately mate.

Was in last Friday and the girl couldn,t have been more helpful.She has been instructed on how to deal with requests and is only doing her job.

I'll back this up, spoke to the same guy who dealt with me before the semi, he had moved alot of stuff around for me and he told me there is a carpet ban for any points to be moved.

Lots of people including myself have exploited the system giving points away to people, they had to stop this. As I said weeks ago, anyone moaning about lp not being right after the spurs game fiasco should be shot in the head! No one to blame expect yourself.

Not having a dig at the OP.

But this is not the first time that we've needed loyalty points for tickets. Easter road when we got half the stand was loyalty points, then spurs away started over 100 loyalty points.

So surely everyone buying tickets these days makes sure they get them in their name.

That's the whole point in loyalty points.

Dunno why folk are not happy with it. I think it is a good system. Better than what hibs are doing

Not having a dig at the OP.

But this is not the first time that we've needed loyalty points for tickets. Easter road when we got half the stand was loyalty points, then spurs away started over 100 loyalty points.

So surely everyone buying tickets these days makes sure they get them in their name.

That's the whole point in loyalty points.

Dunno why folk are not happy with it. I think it is a good system. Better than what hibs are doing

Loyalty points were used for league away games in the Burley season when demand for tickets was high. Pretty much every big game since has required them.

It's a great system. Go to run of the mill league and cup games, your sorted for big games. Simples.

The issue here isn't that loyalty points are wrong. Exact opposite. Best system I agree. It's the fact a kid has their own account. Does any kid know this? Doubt it. Surely adult buying ticket for self and child should be one account . So I thought, but now found out hard way. Problem is ticket office won't even look at it. It's total blanket ban. GTF more or less. That's what happened to me.

Having a loyalty points system is fair enough, but it (and individual accounts) needs sorting out during a quiet period of the season.

The issue here isn't that loyalty points are wrong. Exact opposite. Best system I agree. It's the fact a kid has their own account. Does any kid know this? Doubt it. Surely adult buying ticket for self and child should be one account . So I thought, but now found out hard way. Problem is ticket office won't even look at it. It's total blanket ban. GTF more or less. That's what happened to me.

Why would a kid not have its own account? If it goes to all the games as the op claims?

My wee nephew has his own account, he is 12 as does his sister who is 7! Even will u buy tickets, they ask for account numbers.

Ray Winstone

Yup it's definitely her fault that she is following club instructions.

:cornette:

FarmerTweedy

I was not aware loyalty points had been around that long, as far as I am aware this is only the second time that they have been relevant.

Too be honest it is not something which would be that difficult to fix. If I purchased two tickets for a cup game then the second one is for my son. As I am a season ticket holder if I purchase a ticket for a league game then it is for my son (probably also obvious as it would be a childs ticket).

I really don't see a problem with fixing this or how it can be possible to abuse the system.

You say it was always your son but it could have been a nephew one time, a neice another, a mate's kid the time after that, etc. I'm not saying that you're actually lying, I'm pretty sure you're not, but there's no way the ticket office can be sure you're not!

I never thought of the loyalty points being such an issue... I am raging!

My OH has 40+ points for games that BOTH of us have gone to. If I knew this would happen I would've had my own account. Now he is getting a ticket for the Final and I have no chance...

Loyalty points were used for league away games in the Burley season when demand for tickets was high. Pretty much every big game since has required them.

It's a great system. Go to run of the mill league and cup games, your sorted for big games. Simples.

Well, my closest game /easiest to get to is Aberdeen away, and unfortunately those games have been pay at the gate for a number of seasons now.

I realise that it's fair in the fact that nobody gets LPs for that game, but then they offer LPs for other away games - that doesn't seem fair to me...

I never thought of the loyalty points being such an issue... I am raging!

My OH has 40+ points for games that BOTH of us have gone to. If I knew this would happen I would've had my own account. Now he is getting a ticket for the Final and I have no chance...

Hearts have been using Loyalty Points since 2006 - it's not a new thing. They've been needed for many away game tickets, and for Spurs at home. How are so many loyal Jambos suddenly getting caught out...? :unsure:

joe.gausden

Well, my closest game /easiest to get to is Aberdeen away, and unfortunately those games have been pay at the gate for a number of seasons now.

I realise that it's fair in the fact that nobody gets LPs for that game, but then they offer LPs for other away games - that doesn't seem fair to me...

Why.......Is it because you'd only go to a game near you? It's the fairest way to do it. If you follow the team..you get the points

Hearts have been using Loyalty Points since 2006 - it's not a new thing. They've been needed for many away game tickets, and for Spurs at home. How are so many loyal Jambos suddenly getting caught out...? :unsure:

Can anyone remember how many points were needed for Spurs at Home. I got tickets no bother, but now wondering how many points I must have had back then compared to now.

Can anyone remember how many points were needed for Spurs at Home. I got tickets no bother, but now wondering how many points I must have had back then compared to now.

[/quote.

Free for all after season tickets..

None , I got 4 online and didn't need to give the other guys details.

The problem just hasn't occurred over night just because we are in a final. It's not the clubs fault you never registered the other ticket as being for your son, for all they know every second ticket you bought was for a different person each time. You could of remedied this situation long before now by registering who each ticket was for as you bought them.

The club has had to set up a cut off point based on the information they have, hence where we are now, they can't now suddenly have all these extra accounts being set up after they have made the plans for selling the tickets, hence why they have said no more points will be added. It is up to the individual to manage their loyalty points, had we not got to a final, you'd still have this problem but of done nothing about it.

I'm sorry your son doesn't have a ticket, but that is down to you and not the club. As for the attitude you got, I'd say this is a problem you could take up with the club, as the people in the ticket office are in a customer facing role, representing the club and therefore should act in a manner that befits such a position. But on the same hand they are not there to be intimidated or abused by frustrated fans.

Although in this circumstance you may be able to use your complaint about the attitude you got to your advantage, by complaining to the club about that, rather than the loyalty point system which has been correctly applied

It's simple. They picked 40+ and 8+ and thought this would satisfy demand (for 20,000 seats) from the data they had to hand because people haven't been using it properly. Now everyone is coming out of the woodwork trying to change points around to get additional tickets for loved ones and friends (understandable).

If they started doing this imagine the amount of people they'd have coming in saying "I bought four tickets for X games and the points for the other ones should be for him, him and him".

It sucks, but next season, I bet everyone will be very shrude with their points. INCLUDING ME!

With regards to attitude - imagine how you'd be with people if you got the same arguement over and over again all day for a week.

Why.......Is it because you'd only go to a game near you? It's the fairest way to do it. If you follow the team..you get the points

It's not that I would only go to away games near me, but for me, it's much more difficult to get to other places.

As I live near Aberdeen, the Dons away games are the easiest for me.

I know it's the only fair way to allocate cup final tickets - I'm not disputing that at all.

I'm merely pointing out that it doesn't seem fair to offer LPs on some away games, but not on others.

thepintsizedradge

It's not that I would only go to away games near me, but for me, it's much more difficult to get to other places.

I know it's the only fair way to allocate cup final tickets - I'm not disputing that at all.

I'm merely pointing out that it doesn't seem fair to offer LPs on some away games, but not on others.

They either do it on the away games that are ticketed or not at all. Can't enforce LPs on cash gates as the only proof they'd have that people were at these games are if they were on the clubs own supporters buses.

It's clearly stated though:

"Booking tickets for away matches (where advanced sales apply)"

And with the way it's going this will soon be no games, with C***** and H*** selling tickets direct rather than through Hearts and Aberdeen having become pay-at-the-gate most times. Off the top of my head that only really leaves Inverness (which also has a PATG option), Rangers, St Mirren seems to be ticket now-a-days, and cup games.

Archived