Outpost - zombie movie. Anybody seen it?

Say What Again

Say What Again

Was checking out the BBC site during my lunch and saw this story about a Glaswegian couple who'd re-mortgaged their house to fund the movie - which has been bought by Sony for ?1.2 million.

It's probably crap but I think I'll check it out as it sounds good, Nazi soldiers who come back from the dead! :P

In a town ravaged by war, mysterious businessman hires an ex-marine to assemble a crack team of ex-soldiers to protect him on a dangerous journey into no-man's land. To this gang of hardened warriors, battle-worn veterans and borderline criminals killing is just a job - and one they enjoy. Their mission - to scope out an old military bunker. It should be easy - 48 hours at the most. Lots of cash for little risk. Or so he says...Once at the outpost, the men make a horrific discovery that turns their mission on its head - the scene of a bloody and gruesome series of experiments, carried out during World War Two. Amid the carnage, they find something even more disturbing - a survivor. As war rages above ground, and a mysterious enemy emerges from the darkness below, the ex-marine and his men find themselves trapped in a claustrophobic and terrifying scenario. Their mission is no longer one of safe-guarding - it's one of survival. Together they must discover what it is killing them off, one by one.

conn artist

not seen it, but my ex worked as a sound recordist trainee on it for about a month when it was being filmed at filmcity in glasgow. would be intrested in seeing it for that reason alone.

Say What Again

I think it's out on the 17th May.

It's maybe not that bad after all. It went straight to DVD in the US and was well received so is getting a cinema release here in the UK.

ArmiyaRomanova

Yup, I've seen it - it won the BAFTA Scotland New Talent award for Best New Producer last month.

Have to say, it's VERY professionally produced, well acted, gorgeously designed and has a few real uncomfortable shocks in it - on a par with 'real' Hollywood horror movies, though you'd never think so from the shoddy DVD box it's being marketed in in the US. My hat's off to the producers for a great job.

If I'm to be critical, where it falls short is in the story world - it's never entirely clear what the ghostly Nazis are, and what they can/can't do - and for a horror sci-fi, not nailing the 'rules' of the world is a fair-sized flaw.

That said, on balance I'd recommend it - it's a film coming out of Scotland that tries to appeal to audiences, and will hopefully succeed. Don't go in overly critical, and you won't be disappointed. Likely best as a late-night drunken/stoned DVD watch though.

Amusingly, the 'Eastern European' exteriors were all shot in Dumfries/Galloway/Ayrshire - though you'd never know.

Say What Again

Cheers for sharing your thoughts on it AR.

I'm going to check it out but it sounds like a definite lads night with a few beers.

ArmiyaRomanova
Cheers for sharing your thoughts on it AR.

I'm going to check it out but it sounds like a definite lads night with a few beers.

Oh, yeah, one other thing - no female characters.:(

Say What Again
Amusingly, the 'Eastern European' exteriors were all shot in Dumfries/Galloway/Ayrshire - though you'd never know.

They certainly wouldn't struggle for Eastern European extras in Scotland.

Archived