Kingston wants to stay a jambo for life

andrew

We're getting rid of the high earners, so IMO he's only paying lip service to the supporters. He know's he's getting sold at the end of the season.

I can never get this one. According to some Romanov is a fantastically wealthy businessman with his own bank and the backing of the UBIG group, wants us to be in Europe, compete with the old firm, sign world cup players, experienced manager etc.

What we have is a bottom six position, no more games with the OF this season, selling players to keep costs down, no fecking manager.

I'm afraid that the diamond studded new stand will be a complete white elepphant if there is no product on the park.

Does he have a reason for running the club down? Is it for tax and money laundering purposes? and why are we sitting back and allowing him to shaft us yet again. Surely the most blatant sheep can see that he has not only destroyed this season but is giving us no hope for the future.

Don't give me the rubbish that a new stand will be the catalyst for a whole new team on the park, he is out to ruin the club for his own crooked financial gain

Drylaw Hearts
If only more fans would drop this incessant "Will to be Negative" and just be honest they too would realise this is what we should be doing.

But no....ur right....keep a hold of Miko because he courts controversy....and keep Nade on the back of ONE patchy season in the EPL but ditch Larry because he's full of talent and "Doesn't want to play for us"??

Some posters on here display as much football knowledge and common sense as Vlad himself does!

I think the main issue with Kingston is his salary and the return we've had.

He is not worth ?12k per week or what ever it is.

Especially when we're ?36million in debt.

He's a talented footballer but has never appeared to settle anywhere.

That is why we got him for ?500,000 I suppose.

I'd keep him but on a much, much lower wage.

Chad Sexington
If only more fans would drop this incessant "Will to be Negative" and just be honest they too would realise this is what we should be doing.

But no....ur right....keep a hold of Miko because he courts controversy....and keep Nade on the back of ONE patchy season in the EPL but ditch Larry because he's full of talent and "Doesn't want to play for us"??

Some posters on here display as much football knowledge and common sense as Vlad himself does!

I'd punt Miko and Nade too. Waste of space the pair of them.

I actually think Larry is a cracking player but if you think that playing for Hearts is the extent of his ambition, then I'm afraid it's you who is showing a lack of football knowledge and common sense.

He will not be here this time next year.

Dont forget the cup win.

What is it with some jambos.

Thats a memory what have we got to look forward to?

bigbryanthejambo
I'd punt Miko and Nade too. Waste of space the pair of them.

I actually think Larry is a cracking player but if you think that playing for Hearts is the extent of his ambition, then I'm afraid it's you who is showing a lack of football knowledge and common sense.

He will not be here this time next year.

So...what??? The article is a scam by the PR department who have made Larry say he wants to be a JT for life?

Do you also believe that Princess Di was pregnant with twins and wearing a seatbelt? ...and that 9/11 was an inside job?

I smell a conspiracy theorist.....

Chad Sexington
So...what??? The article is a scam by the PR department who have made Larry say he wants to be a JT for life?

Do you also believe that Princess Di was pregnant with twins and wearing a seatbelt? ...and that 9/11 was an inside job?

I smell a conspiracy theorist.....

Mate, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy.

I'm saying that most footballers are badge kissing bullsh*tters.

Larry is keeping the fans onside that's all. The minute a Premiership or even a decent championship side come in for him he'll be off like a shot and Vlad will gladly pocket the dosh.

Even if he signs a 10 year contract it's not worth the paper it's written on.

The People's Chimp
Over the piece and given his cost he has had a terrible season.

That's rubbiosh. Especially given you will praise RN till the cows come home.

Archie White
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1291430,00.html

Better get his finger out then. Seemed like he's been coasting this season.

Supposed "good news" for the fans - just before an agm. Funny that. Charlie Mann going into overtime just now by the sound of it. This is the situation the board have got themselves into. No-one believes anything that comes out of that Stadium of Lies these days.

Jambo for life? Rest of career here?! Retire here?!?!

Oh lolzerz and roflzerz.....

I dunno whats funnier, the statement itself or the ***** that will fall for it.

Nelly Terraces

As has already been stated it's 'Cheerio Larry' in the summer. Whether he wants to stay or not is irrelevant. He's getting sold, get over it.

Good player but could do better.

Give him ?4k a week and tell him to get his finger out.

Alternatively sell him for ?2.5-?3m and make a decent return on him.

Supposed "good news" for the fans - just before an agm. Funny that. Charlie Mann going into overtime just now by the sound of it. This is the situation the board have got themselves into. No-one believes anything that comes out of that Stadium of Lies these days.

I think you are right and everyone (mostly) sees it for what it is - Charlie Mann's PR and spin machine.

I do wonder though (because they must read the boards/comments in the online newspapers/newspaper articles etc) if the PR machine is beginning to realise that the supporters are not swallowing this rubbish for yet another year. Last year everyone was saying 'well not great but let's get on with it' attitude but there's a different opinion one year on. Even the polls in the Scotsman(?) show it isn't working anymore.

No one is taking any of the PR lying down. There are good financial guys examining everything he/his business is doing. Nothing is going by without being scrutinised.

I think the AGM may be very interesting indeed.

Mr Quagmire
That's rubbiosh. Especially given you will praise RN till the cows come home.

Why whats wrong with RN ??? ;)

Don't think these things add up?

I think the responsibility of captaincy could do Kingston a lot of good, help him screw the nut. I think many of us would agree that we need a new captain and there aren't too many candidates in the current squad. As I said though, it is irrelevant as I think Hearts will be actively trying to sell him in the summer.

I laugh at how easily a bit of positive PR can be turned into sheer, unfiltered Negativity by posters on here.

This really is the message board of doom.

Whether we think larry has been coasting or not....the fact of the matter IMO is that he has more talent in one of his boots than the majority of our 1st Team squad at present, so to even hear him INSINUATE that he'd be prepared to end his playing days with us HAS GOT TO BE POSITIVE? naw?

Here here.

Larry Rules O.K

Clerry Jambo

If Larry is playing for the Hearts in the first game next season I for one will be highly delighted.

The 1 class player we have and some folk want rid...................Unbelievable:evilno:

Christ let the money men deal with the financial aspects - as fans we want to see the best on the park surely!!

If Larry is playing for the Hearts in the first game next season I for one will be highly delighted.

The 1 class player we have and some folk want rid...................Unbelievable:evilno:

Christ let the money men deal with the financial aspects - as fans we want to see the best on the park surely!!

That would be too simple for most of the folk on here chief.

Jambof3tornado

If its true get him signed on a long term deal so if he does decide to bail out then we should get a tidy sum for him!!

In the meantime lets just try to enjoy watching someone with true ability assist us next season getting back into european football(surely thats the target).

Laryy is settled in Edinburgh and so are his family,and as someone pointed out he hasnt settled anywhere before so maybe,just maybe he really does want to stay at Hearts and win stuff.:)

:107years:

Mate, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy.

I'm saying that most footballers are badge kissing bullsh*tters.

Larry is keeping the fans onside that's all. The minute a Premiership or even a decent championship side come in for him he'll be off like a shot and Vlad will gladly pocket the dosh.

Even if he signs a 10 year contract it's not worth the paper it's written on.

This could be said for the vast majority of players.

How is a 10 year contract not worth anything?

Gigolo-Aunt

Now THIS is PR bull****.

Couple of days after Frail in the press says things have been sorted with Larry and everything has been forgotten - this tripe comes up.

Amyone who thinks that Larry wants to spend the rest of his footballing days with Hearts is barking mad.

More spin than the build up to an election.

He has huge ability but is not worth the money he is on given his petulance/lack of effort.

Perhaps a proper manager could get some effort out of him, but the club can't afford players on his wages.

You know, some players just can`t win and many fans have their head up their ar*es.

Larry does try. He has his off days and has ability very much welcome at Tynecastle.

Ok, if he goes for a long spell not seemingly puting the effort in, fair enough, bin him because no matter who you are you must give 100%.

But , Larry just isn`t one of those players. In one of our key games(Falkirk) he was the only player showing genuine willingness and skill to get beyond defenders.

In fact, im not going to go any further, i shouldn`t justify why i think Larry should be a Hearts player.

Clerry Jambo
You know, some players just can`t win and many fans have their head up their ar*es.

Larry does try. He has his off days and has ability very much welcome at Tynecastle.

Ok, if he goes for a long spell not seemingly puting the effort in, fair enough, bin him because no matter who you are you must give 100%.

But , Larry just isn`t one of those players. In one of our key games(Falkirk) he was the only player showing genuine willingness and skill to get beyond defenders.

In fact, im not going to go any further, i shouldn`t justify why i think Larry should be a Hearts player.

Och, go on Debut:p

Call his bluff and offer him a long deal then.

Exactly.

If he signs it, it ups his price in the summer.

Either way we benefit IMO.

just need to compare our league results with Larry in / out the team this season...

He's miles ahead of the rest, hope he stays.

colinmaroon
I laugh at how easily a bit of positive PR can be turned into sheer, unfiltered Negativity by posters on here.

This really is the message board of doom.

Whether we think larry has been coasting or not....the fact of the matter IMO is that he has more talent in one of his boots than the majority of our 1st Team squad at present, so to even hear him INSINUATE that he'd be prepared to end his playing days with us HAS GOT TO BE POSITIVE? naw?

It's highly contagious and terminal!!!

If we do win anything, get it sorted, whatever, the doom will gloom regardless - along the lines of:

"I know we beat Hibs 8-0 in the Scottish Cup Final after winning the League by destroying Rangers in the 'decider' - BUT -

Come on then, let's be having you!!! Show us your BUTS!!!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
It's highly contagious and terminal!!!

If we do win anything, get it sorted, whatever, the doom will gloom regardless - along the lines of:

"I know we beat Hibs 8-0 in the Scottish Cup Final after winning the League by destroying Rangers in the 'decider' - BUT -

Come on then, let's be having you!!! Show us your BUTS!!![/B]

Talking out of yours again I see...

colinmaroon
Talking out of yours again I see...

That one was on the house!!!

Every 'comedian' needs one!!!

By the way, how have you been managing since Eddie Braben stopped writing your one liners?

Stewart MacD

Perhaps he's like Stewart - captaincy might work wonders. Make one captain and the other v.c., with Christophe Berra Club Captain.

Would you prefer to have him or 4 players who each might play 30 games a season rather than his 15?

4 players of Levein era quality, 3rd in the league?

Or would you prefer some showboating from Kingston in his 15 games?

Francis Albert
Would you prefer to have him or 4 players who each might play 30 games a season rather than his 15?

Or to put it another way four Calum Elliot's or one Larry Kingston?

No I don't think that is the same.

I think Calum is bottom six in quality. But I think you could get 4 top six SPL 30 games a season players for Kingston's 15 games a season wages.

Or indeed if we are to do some cost cutting perhaps we could bring in 3.

The idea that we should not think about the cost of the players is the same as when the fans were protesting outside the stand about the sale of Cameron/Niemi etc. At the same time the players were being paid so much the Pieman was forced to sell the stand in order to deal with the debt from those players wages!

We_are_the_Hearts
No I don't think that is the same.

I think Calum is bottom six in quality. But I think you could get 4 top six SPL 30 games a season players for Kingston's 15 games a season wages.

Or indeed if we are to do some cost cutting perhaps we could bring in 3.

The idea that we should not think about the cost of the players is the same as when the fans were protesting outside the stand about the sale of Cameron/Niemi etc. At the same time the players were being paid so much the Pieman was forced to sell the stand in order to deal with the debt from those players wages!

The last I heard from the Romanovs was:

RR - Why are the fans worried about the debt, there is no need to worry.

VR - I will spend ?10 million on the right player.

So why not get 4 good players to play alongside Kingston? Money is no object if you listen to them. I can't remember them coming out and telling us of a change of strategy so until then we should be keeping the pressure on them to keep our quality players.

The last I heard from the Romanovs was:

RR - Why are the fans worried about the debt, there is no need to worry.

VR - I will spend ?10 million on the right player.

So why not get 4 good players to play alongside Kingston? Money is no object if you listen to them. I can't remember them coming out and telling us of a change of strategy so until then we should be keeping the pressure on them to keep our quality players.

They haven't come out and told us about the new strategy because the old one was nonsense at best and lies at worst.

The ?10m a year budget 'no problem' according to Rodney Romanov would mean you can keep players like Kingston and build on that. However, they couldn't afford that budget - and to their shame have not admitted it.

The lack of money available means that the club will have to cut its cloth. No more luxury players.

We_are_the_Hearts
They haven't come out and told us about the new strategy because the old one was nonsense at best and lies at worst.

The ?10m a year budget 'no problem' according to Rodney Romanov would mean you can keep players like Kingston and build on that. However, they couldn't afford that budget - and to their shame have not admitted it.

The lack of money available means that the club will have to cut its cloth. No more luxury players.

Until they tell us that though we should be keeping the pressure on them to keep our quality players. They have not told us about the change in strategy because this was always the plan in my opinion. Short term build up of the fan base by showing us the potential then creating an environment for buying and selling players for profit. Success on the football pitch is not a priority. I'm sure Romanov would spend ?10 million on a player, if he knew he could sell him for ?15 million soon after. The whole thing stinks but they won't tell you the truth as it will affect ST sales. The scary thing is that some people still believe success on the pitch is a priority!!

Oh , go away nicely Coco. Never read such a negative person. It`s all about raising the standards.

Showboating? He`s scored and created goals and shows the only genuine quality in the last third in our team.

He`s in amongst a team of quite a few mediocre players.

Craig Levein built solid teams but also had some decent ball players. The key thing is, the club was stable back then and we had a proper manager, it`s not down solely to poor players to where we are just now.

Really starting to get agitated with some of the utter bullsheeite getting posted on here. You`d think Hearts had been blessed season after season with players of Kingston/Skacel quality.

I`ll tell you what i want, a team with the quality and application of 2 years ago who could carry `maverick` players like Kingston and Skacel and still bring success. Even some of the best teams in the world balance their teams so they can accomodate out and out ball players who all the same may not carry the defensive capabilities.

lost in leith

A more sensible alternative would be a Levein era Scott Severin, Andy Kirk, Neil Macfarlane and Steven Boyack (plus a lot of change) or Larry Kingston. No doubt who is the best player out of the 5, but is he worth it? I don't think so.

A more sensible alternative would be a Levein era Scott Severin, Andy Kirk, Neil Macfarlane and Steven Boyack (plus a lot of change) or Larry Kingston. No doubt who is the best player out of the 5, but is he worth it? I don't think so.

I don`t get the reasoning? Ok, i know your talking money, but when it comes to football how can Larry be blamed for Hearts demise?

He`s one of the few genuine players we have in a mediocre bunch. Good players can have bad luck that they end up playing for poor teams, Larry shouldn`t be emptied, we should be adding.

lost in leith
I don`t get the reasoning? Ok, i know your talking money, but when it comes to football how can Larry be blamed for Hearts demise?

He`s one of the few genuine players we have in a mediocre bunch. Good players can have bad luck that they end up playing for poor teams, Larry shouldn`t be emptied, we should be adding.

It's simple. We can't afford his wages, and as a quality player we should get a few quid for him. Transfer fee goes to reduce the debt, and his wage is spread over 3-4 decent young ambitious players. I'd be looking at hungry fringe players from EPL/Championship sides.

It's simple. We can't afford his wages, and as a quality player we should get a few quid for him. Transfer fee goes to reduce the debt, and his wage is spread over 3-4 decent young ambitious players. I'd be looking at hungry fringe players from EPL/Championship sides.
right, well can everybody not come running back to JKB complaining when we don`t challenge for the league.

BTW, i`m a realist and realise we need to build again and to get third place next season would be a start but i can`t see fringe players from the championship chasing the OF for the league UNLESS we have a proper quality manager in charge, then we may cling to their coat tails.

But as for winning it, no. There`s got to be some genuine quality amongst these players and guys like Kingston is what we need.

lost in leith
right, well can everybody not come running back to JKB complaining when we don`t challenge for the league.

BTW, i`m a realist and realise we need to build again and to get third place next season would be a start but i can`t see fringe players from the championship chasing the OF for the league UNLESS we have a proper quality manager in charge, then we may cling to their coat tails.

But as for winning it, no. There`s got to be some genuine quality amongst these players and guys like Kingston is what we need.

I'm a realist too. We need to get real financially. Cash in Larry, forget about Pinilla and take any offer for Nade (I wish). Anyone who thinks we are going to seriously challenge the OF in the net 2/3 years needs help, even if we get a decent manager. And there is very little chance of that happening unless the Romanov's change their philosophy.

Oh , go away nicely Coco. Never read such a negative person. It`s all about raising the standards.

Showboating? He`s scored and created goals and shows the only genuine quality in the last third in our team.

He`s in amongst a team of quite a few mediocre players.

Craig Levein built solid teams but also had some decent ball players. The key thing is, the club was stable back then and we had a proper manager, it`s not down solely to poor players to where we are just now.

Really starting to get agitated with some of the utter bullsheeite getting posted on here. You`d think Hearts had been blessed season after season with players of Kingston/Skacel quality.

I`ll tell you what i want, a team with the quality and application of 2 years ago who could carry `maverick` players like Kingston and Skacel and still bring success. Even some of the best teams in the world balance their teams so they can accomodate out and out ball players who all the same may not carry the defensive capabilities.

I don't think that it is negative.

And I have repeatedly posted on here in the last year or so that if Kingston is in the squad he has to play because he has abilities our other players don't have.

But he is a luxury. The club is in financial distress. UBIG/the Romanovs/Hearts can't afford the squad we have now - far less the squad with the quality of 2 years ago. We all want the hardworking team with the flashes of quality. Kingston as you rightly say is the flash of quality which other players in the team would have to carry. But unfortunately just as in Levein's time, the wage bill is way too high. Levein had an enormous budget, never cut to any great extent and it forced the sale of Tynecastle. If we continue to keep players like Kingston - 10-15k per week for his 15 games a season(and no-one can doubt that given the financial results for last year) - then it is likely that the club will go back down the route of the Pieman's last acts.

I will not complain if the club is honest. Tells the fans that they can't afford players like Kingston and are going to enter a period of rebuilding. Bring in a proper manager who can build a dad's army team (Doddie style). Challenge for European places and occasionally tilt at the Cups. The delusion that VR has enough money to challenge Rangers and Celtic has to go.

Clerry Jambo
I don't think that it is negative.

And I have repeatedly posted on here in the last year or so that if Kingston is in the squad he has to play because he has abilities our other players don't have.

But he is a luxury. The club is in financial distress. UBIG/the Romanovs/Hearts can't afford the squad we have now - far less the squad with the quality of 2 years ago. We all want the hardworking team with the flashes of quality. Kingston as you rightly say is the flash of quality which other players in the team would have to carry. But unfortunately just as in Levein's time, the wage bill is way too high. Levein had an enormous budget, never cut to any great extent and it forced the sale of Tynecastle. If we continue to keep players like Kingston - 10-15k per week for his 15 games a season(and no-one can doubt that given the financial results for last year) - then it is likely that the club will go back down the route of the Pieman's last acts.

I will not complain if the club is honest. Tells the fans that they can't afford players like Kingston and are going to enter a period of rebuilding. Bring in a proper manager who can build a dad's army team (Doddie style). Challenge for European places and occasionally tilt at the Cups. The delusion that VR has enough money to challenge Rangers and Celtic has to go.

The wage bill is too high 100% correct - but why should that mean Larry goes. There is plenty dross impersonating fitba players that should be given their jotters who are high earners, also that would allow us to keep Larry and even possibly get another couple of quality players that we need and would make that difference.

That is all too sensible but until we get a manager then it all falls down:evilno:

Archived