Kingston wants to stay a jambo for life

andrew

chester copperpot
Fine by me if he turns his ability into application and desire to justify his wages.

We're getting rid of the high earners, so IMO he's only paying lip service to the supporters. He know's he's getting sold at the end of the season.

He has huge ability but is not worth the money he is on given his petulance/lack of effort.

Perhaps a proper manager could get some effort out of him, but the club can't afford players on his wages.

Miller Jambo 60
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1291430,00.html

Better get his finger out then. Seemed like he's been coasting this season.

As i said in a previous post met the genius on Saturday at East Craigs Primary.

Lewis my son 9 was over the moon as he loves the guy.

People should get off his back ,he has more skill in his big toe than some players i could mention.

People should get off his back ,he has more skill in his big toe than some players i could mention.

Yes, and his effort is usually OK.

I also find it interesting that in set pieces and corners for the opposition he is always the first to run to cover a post - which could be goal saving.

id be delighted if kingston were to stay for the rest of his career he is a quality player and the last thing we want is to lose anymore quality if we keep him we can build a team of quality players around him and then it will be back to the good old days where we are in europe every season and in the scottish cup finals where we belong.

chester copperpot

You're right Doug, but I dont think it will be his choice to stay come the end of the season. Vlad wants rid of the big earners, and Larry is our biggest, hence why he will be saying bye bye at the end of the season.

Would rather he stayed with us, but we cannot afford the reported 12K a week he's on.

Drylaw Hearts

I predict a couple more bits of 'uplifting' news before tomorrows AGM.

A nicer atmosphere needs to be created.

jamboinglasgow

from rading the article the biggest appeal to staying is his family loves it here, sometimes proffesionals when they have families feel it is hard to keep moving and best to settle down somewhere.

Could his children be as talaneted as him? :P

chester copperpot
I predict a couple more bits of 'uplifting' news before tomorrows AGM.

A nicer atmosphere needs to be created.

You old cynic you ;)

A think we'd all take a job for life if a was picking up almost 800k (reportedly) a year and had no consequences for inadequacy or failure

sad to say he will be one of the first out of the door

earns to much money

We could get two or three atop six standard spl players with his wages

Miller Jambo 60
You're right Doug, but I dont think it will be his choice to stay come the end of the season. Vlad wants rid of the big earners, and Larry is our biggest, hence why he will be saying bye bye at the end of the season.

Would rather he stayed with us, but we cannot afford the reported 12K a week he's on.

If i had the 12000 would pay it Andy.

I think the guy is genuine.

How are you mate.

ArmiyaRomanova

I really hope the club can arrive at an arrangement that keeps him here for the long term - he oozes class, and has been one of the few bright points in a damp squib of a season.

I really hope the club can arrive at an arrangement that keeps him here for the long term - he oozes class, and has been one of the few bright points in a damp squib of a season.

Over the piece and given his cost he has had a terrible season.

Guest GhostHunter

You could almost replace the words Larry, or Kingston, with Rudi, or Skacel.

That'll be a cheerio Larry then in the summer

:D

bigbryanthejambo

I laugh at how easily a bit of positive PR can be turned into sheer, unfiltered Negativity by posters on here.

This really is the message board of doom.

Whether we think larry has been coasting or not....the fact of the matter IMO is that he has more talent in one of his boots than the majority of our 1st Team squad at present, so to even hear him INSINUATE that he'd be prepared to end his playing days with us HAS GOT TO BE POSITIVE? naw?

Fozzyonthefence
id be delighted if kingston were to stay for the rest of his career he is a quality player and the last thing we want is to lose anymore quality if we keep him we can build a team of quality players around him and then it will be back to the good old days where we are in europe every season and in the scottish cup finals where we belong.

We've never qualified for Europe every season. We generally always had a good season then a crap one (under Vlad we had a good one then 2 crap ones).

I might be wrong but I think we may only have qualified for Europe in successive seasons once before? Any statos / London Hearts out there?

I laugh at how easily a bit of positive PR can be turned into sheer, unfiltered Negativity by posters on here.

Whether we think larry has been coasting or not....the fact of the matter IMO is that he has more talent in one of his boots than the majority of our 1st Team squad at present, so to even hear him INSINUATE that he'd be prepared to end his playing days with us HAS GOT TO BE POSITIVE? naw?

Nope. What makes you think we might get more out of Kingston than we have in either of his seasons so far (racist allegations, petulance, huge number of games missed with injury but managed to play for Ghana etc)? His career path suggests he has always played in 2nd rate clubs for perhaps this reason.

Perhaps a proper disciplined manager at Hearts would get more out of him.

I would prefer us not to sign exotic damaged goods signings.

We_are_the_Hearts

Roman Romanov told us NOT to worry about the debt so why should we bother what Larry is on.

Larry has more ability than any other player in our squad, a lot more. Would love to see him stay but as DH says it is basically just a smokescreen to try and create a better mood for the AGM.

Some fans seem obsessed with loyalty and work rate. Me, I want to be entertained and watch quality. If I wanted to watch 11 Neilsens or 11 Elliotts then there you could pay a few quid to watch a junior team.

bigbryanthejambo

Coco....would you not rather have exactly the same as the last 2 seasons from Kingston than have exactly the same from:

Ivaskevicious,

Ksanivicious,

Nade,

Elliot,

etc etc.

In the position we are in, I dnt think wishing away one of our best players is doing anyone any good.

If people are looking for someone to blame for our poor season they are picking the wrong target in Kingston.

Played - 15

Won - 8

Drawn - 4

Lost - 3

Goals - 5

Admittedly, he has not played enough games but the African Nations Cup and injuries are not his fault. Also questions culd be asked about his attitude. If he is not sold in the summer (I think he will be) I would make him club captain and surround him with young talent next season.

Coco....would you not rather have exactly the same as the last 2 seasons from Kingston than have exactly the same from:

Ivaskevicious,

Ksanivicious,

Nade,

Elliot,

etc etc.

In the position we are in, I dnt think wishing away one of our best players is doing anyone any good.

I think that Kingston is in the same bracket as Nade. Too expensive and lacking in effort/interest. Both clearly have the ability to be good players in the SPL but aren't interested. Would try to move on both.

I think that Ivaskevicius and Ksnavicius lack the ability and effort for the SPL. Would try to move on both.

These are the two groups of types of players who have ruined our last 2 seasons.

I think that Elliot is not going to be good enough, but is not lacking in effort.

If people are looking for someone to blame for our poor season they are picking the wrong target in Kingston.

Played - 15

Won - 8

Drawn - 4

Lost - 3

Goals - 5

Admittedly, he has not played enough games but the African Nations Cup and injuries are not his fault. Also questions culd be asked about his attitude. If he is not sold in the summer (I think he will be) I would make him club captain and surround him with young talent next season.

Don't think these things add up?

bigbryanthejambo
I think that Kingston is in the same bracket as Nade. Too expensive and lacking in effort/interest. Both clearly have the ability to be good players in the SPL but aren't interested. Would try to move on both.

I think that Ivaskevicius and Ksnavicius lack the ability and effort for the SPL. Would try to move on both.

These are the two groups of types of players who have ruined our last 2 seasons.

I think that Elliot is not going to be good enough, but is not lacking in effort.

The patent difference between Nade and Kingston however IMO is that Nade's problem lies nowhere else other than his inability to get fit and stay fit.

I was going to say "Stay fit" there.....but then it's clear to see that he has never been match fit since the day we signed the clown.

Take a look at the post above this and see for yourself Larry's stats!

If I was as talented as Larry, in a squad full of duffers....I'd probably be as whiney and pee-ed off as he is right now.

And read the article that everyones slating....does that show a lack of interest for the club? Did you question his loyalty when he scored against Dundee Utd?? Or did you cheer like the rest of us?

Why give him such big wages if we are just going to sell him a year down the line?

I think Hearts should be looking at the other high earners and getting rid of them and do everything they can to keep Larry. He has been unlucky with injuries this season and the African Cup, but when he has played he gives us great creativity from midfield. He was poor against Kilmarnock but he has already apologised to the players about what went on there.

If we are going to have any chance of getting to where we want to be in the league next season we must keep Kingston and let him take the SPL by storm.

Chad Sexington

I'm not even going to open the link...it's all bullsheet and I've heard it all before.

He doesn't want to be a Jambo for life and he wont be here next season.

bigbryanthejambo
I'm not even going to open the link...it's all bullsheet and I've heard it all before.

He doesn't want to be a Jambo for life and he wont be here next season.

Thanks for thy positivity dude!

Ding Ding....all aboard the Negative Bus! :( yawn yawn

I think it is positive news. Put him in a good team, Larry would be a cracking player. I think he's just up against it with the current crop he plays alongside...maybe dented his confidence somewhat.

Drylaw Hearts

The Negative Bus took all the passengers on from The Happy Train when it derailed.

Tickets Please.

Can't believe the amount of people that are happy just to bin Larry and think everything will be great.We should be keeping him and dumping the likes of Ruben(we have Jonsson and McGowan)half the Liths,Stewart and bring in a manager who can find players to play alongside Larry.Larry must be frustrated as hell playing with this **** after what he is used to with Ghana.

slashishere

You are spot on it seems that posters on here are now having a running battle as to who can post the most negative post.

You would think we'd never had a duff season before!

Mr Quagmire

1 Badge Kisser For Sale In The Summer.

Scored a few good goals and has got the patter but must try harder.

He has talent, there is no doubting that, but he doesn't show it consistently enough although, like a couple of others, I think at times he has tried to do too much to help this faultering team. With a decent manager and better players around him I think we'll see a Kingston as good as, if not better, than the one we saw when he first arrived at the club.

But until that happens, there is no way anybody could say he is justifying his 15k a week wage.

Fine by me if he turns his ability into application and desire to justify his wages.

If we asked the same question and reduced his wages to say ?5k per week I think the answer may be different.Romanov will try and move him on. Is he our player or a loan?

I wonder if picking up a huge wedge and playing occasionally for Hearts in Edinburgh is a bit nicer for Kingston than playing in a civil war zone in Chechnya.

No doubt other big teams will be on the lookout for a world class midfielder in the summer.

Kingston is a joke in the current Hearts team.

Far better with 3-4 players who would work for the team than spend all the wages on this guy.

Not a bad summary.:)

Chad Sexington

I've had all the positivity drained out of me in the last 2 seasons.

If you think that Larry wants to stay with Hearts for life then good for you, but I think its total bollox and he'll be gone next season.

Drylaw Hearts
I wonder if picking up a huge wedge and playing occasionally for Hearts in Edinburgh is a bit nicer for Kingston than playing in a civil war zone in Chechnya.

No doubt other big teams will be on the lookout for a world class midfielder in the summer.

Derby, Watford, Fulham or someone of that stature are always looking out for a player like Larry.

Good solid World Class player clubs.

Miller Jambo 60
I've had all the positivity drained out of me in the last 2 seasons.

If you think that Larry wants to stay with Hearts for life then good for you, but I think its total bollox and he'll be gone next season.

Dont forget the cup win.

What is it with some jambos.

bigbryanthejambo

Throw in the Negative fans that we can do without and you've got a deal.

Turncoat, Only sing when it's sunny, Believe anything they read in the weedgie press and turn against the best player in the squad because he occasionally he has a moan about the TOSH that passes for the other 10 players he plays with (Give or take a few)!

I'd question his sanity if he wanted to stay.

Looking objectively, if i was Larry Kingston i'd be looking to get out as soon as possible from this shambles.

Odd as it may seem, it sounds to me that he is a man on his way out and he knows it.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

We should be building a team round this guy. Get more players of his level and watch him shine.

A pipe dream I know.

bigbryanthejambo
We should be building a team round this guy. Get more players of his level and watch him shine.

A pipe dream I know.

If only more fans would drop this incessant "Will to be Negative" and just be honest they too would realise this is what we should be doing.

But no....ur right....keep a hold of Miko because he courts controversy....and keep Nade on the back of ONE patchy season in the EPL but ditch Larry because he's full of talent and "Doesn't want to play for us"??

Some posters on here display as much football knowledge and common sense as Vlad himself does!

You really have to wonder about some supposed fans - where does their knowledge come from? Have they ever kicked a ball themselves?

***** Coco would like to knight/fellate/adopt absolute huddies like Neilson but when it comes to creative players, they want rid of them asap.

The mind boggles.

bigbryanthejambo
You really have to wonder about some supposed fans - where does their knowledge come from? Have they ever kicked a ball themselves?

***** would like to knight/fellate/adopt absolute huddies like Neilson but when it comes to creative players, they want rid of them asap.

The mind boggles.

Great minds Robbo.... :)

Coco *****. How aptly named.

"DOO DOO DOO DOO LARRY KINGSTON...." :)

Archived