Movie quotes for a quiz

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

JKB help & imagination required.

I'm putting together a round for an inter-departmental quiz at work. The bloke doing quizmaster duties is gay and slightly camp - not Graham Norton levels but definitely not MAN.

I had the idea of getting a round of identify the movie from the quote but making sure that all quotes would sound kind of appropriate from him.

So far, I've only got to:

"He's a very naughty boy" (Life of Brian)

"Bring out the gimp" (Pulp Fiction) and

"Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me!" (Carry on Cleo)

Go to it team... I need 10

Cheers

"Oh Ron, there are literally thousands of other men that I should be with instead, but I am 72 percent sure that I love you" - Anchorman

I'll be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail. (Pulp Fiction)

Yes sir boss. Like the drink, only not spelled the same (Green Mile)

Say What Again

WHat about good old "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"? That sounds a bit camp

ArmiyaRomanova

Not from a film, but a famous and at this point highly amusing quote from an actor....

?For an actor, there is no greater loss than the loss of his audience,?

Ladies and gentlemen, Charlton Heston.

Say What Again

There's always "I'm going to make you squeal like a pig" or "He's got a realy purty mouth don't he" from Deliverance.

"You boys sure found a way to make the time pass up there. Twist, you guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stem the rose" - Brokeback Mountain

"Underestimated from day one. You'd never think I was a master of the universe, now would ya?" - Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate.

"I carried a watermelon" - Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing.

Jambojohnnyboy

Ooooh, do me yo-yo master I want you to do me cuz you're the yo-yo guy... - The 40 Year Old Virgin.

I P Knightley
I'll be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail. (Pulp Fiction)

Yes sir boss. Like the drink, only not spelled the same (Green Mile)

I'll admit that there's a contrast between how this sounds in the movie and how John Inman might deliver it but the line itself isn't quite 'on the edge' enough.

Particularly liking "Don't call me Shirley" and "you'd never think I was master of the universe". The Deliverance ones are good but maybe a little too obvious - i.e. the guy would click (and he is a director!)

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, he's gone."

Usual Suspects

It's not so bad,dying - Platoon

Wake up it's time to die - Blade Runner

Would everyone just stop getting shot - Lock Stock and Two smoking barrels

Jambojohnnyboy

God dammit mustang! This is Ghost Rider 117, this bogey is all over me. He's got missile lock on me. Do I have permission to fire? - Top Gun

Commander Harris

"domino mother****er!" :D

I know it's not quite what you're looking for but I couldn't resist. great quote. :D

"There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

"There he goes, one of God's own prototypes. Some sort of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Chic Murray as the headmaster in Gregory's Girl, back to the camera, playing piano. 2 schoolkids peeking round the open doorway watching him play. Chic reaches a perfect pause in his piano playing, turns slightly and barks...

"Off you go you small boys".

That'd work in a camp voice.

coppercrutch

"I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would **** a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around."

I don't have to state the movie or the scene. Possibly the most amusing line ever. :)

"I know lots of tits guvnor, but I don't know any quite as feckin stupid as these two" Snatch.

Jamie_the_Jambo

I love the smell of naphalm first thing in the morning

or

charlie dont surf !!

Both from apocalypse now (the beach scene with ed harris)

"Goddammit, I'd **** on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!" - Wargames.

Not gay, but who cares?

"I bet you're the type of guy who would **** a guy in the ass and not have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound"

Full Metal Jacket

Bert Le Clos

"I miss your voice, I miss your laugh (giggle), I miss your scent, I miss your musk. I think when all this is over, you and me should get an appartment together!" - Anchorman

I'll admit that there's a contrast between how this sounds in the movie and how John Inman might deliver it but the line itself isn't quite 'on the edge' enough.

Particularly liking "Don't call me Shirley" and "you'd never think I was master of the universe". The Deliverance ones are good but maybe a little too obvious - i.e. the guy would click (and he is a director!)

ock well it was only a suggestion :)

Who's that guy

On that motorcycle

What would they say if they knew it was Michael

Best movie line ever

Surrender Dorothy

from the Wizard of Oz has so many references of that ilk.

"Hey Mikey - you wanna' go to the bathroom?" - The Goonies

"Heeeey youuuuu guyssssssss" has potential surely? (from the Goonies as well obv)

Archived