To all those who are a bag of nerves...

Five to One

Five to One

The 19th May is what football is all about. It's why I got excited about Hearts and football in the first place. It's why I played the game from a young age and dreamt of seeing Hearts win the Scottish Cup. In 1998 it became a reality and I swore that day I would never curse the footballing gods again. So try and relax and enjoy the build-up. Whatever happens it will be a magnificent occasion and won't feature one of the Old Firm which in itself increases our chances by a huge percentage.

Incidentally, and even when looking at it as objectively as possible, I do think we'll win as we're superior in just about every department. We have options on the bench, they have a poor defence and Sergio's experience will be a factor.

:thumb:

I'm really confident which I rarely am in a Derby, especially the last 1 at er. How wrong I was. We should and shall win. I think I'd be more concerned if it was Aberdeen. The sheer pursue of not wanting to lose this 1 game is what is creating this false doubt in many.

Agree with what you're saying. Much of this week has been unbearably tense, but it may settle down a bit now that ticketing arrangements have been released. A month from now we'll all have our lives back, and there'll probably be a huge hole where all the anticipation was.

i wish jj was my dad

I was thinking about this today.

I don't want to tempt fate as it has a horrible habit of biting me in the arse but I genuinely can't think of a hobbit who would make our first eleven.

McPake, Fat Gary and The Mutant are the only players I can think of that would make our squad but I genuinely don't know who they could replace from our first XI.

That's setting aside Mr Sergio and the best worst record in the world.

Arthur Morgan

I'm really confident which I rarely am in a Derby, especially the last 1 at er. How wrong I was. We should and shall win. I think I'd be more concerned if it was Aberdeen. The sheer pursue of not wanting to lose this 1 game is what is creating this false doubt in many.

This.

I have to admit, I was bricking it a few days ago but it seems to have died down now thankfully and I'm getting more confident as each day passes which is a good thing. The part which I've highlighted in bold was why I was bricking it but I tried to remove that thought and how big the occasion is out of my head and think about it clearly and calmly, now I feel better and confident.

So I'd suggest to people who are still nervous, do the above. Try to forget about the occasion and just think about the game itself and our chances of winning it which are pretty high.

Lets look at the facts;

90% of the Hibs team are on loan and have no emotional or financial motivation to get stuck in. In fact they will leave right after the game.

The other 10% are also out of contract.

None of the above will be wanting to get injured.

Gary O'conner will be going to the jail.

We have better players in every department.

We will only be beaten by complacency or an early red card.

We will win....

This.

I have to admit, I was bricking it a few days ago but it seems to have died down now thankfully and I'm getting more confident as each day passes which is a good thing. The part which I've highlighted in bold was why I was bricking it but I tried to remove that thought and how big the occasion is out of my head and think about it clearly and calmly, now I feel better and confident.

So I'd suggest to people who are still nervous, do the above. Try to forget about the occasion and just think about the game itself and our chances of winning it which are pretty high.

I'm the exact same, have put the occasion out my mind and feel a whole lot better about it. The more good things I read on here the better I feel too!!

I have calmed down a lot as the week has went on.. Was going to burst into tears at every opportunity beginning of week.. Seen some one at work giving me a funny look.. Glad she never asked what was wrong :lol:

I would have said hay fever...

This week I've been emotional, nervous and relaxed. I don't know how I feel. I'll be nervous on the day but I had a dream that Webster scored the winner

:jjyay:

southside1874

I remember years ago watching Hibs leave Edinburgh to play Livingston in the league cup final. Buses past with the cup in hand on the way to Hampden. Celebration booked before a ball was kicked.

I've never been keen on the old firm mentality that we will win. I don't expect to win as its a game of sport and the team that turns up on the day has a huge bearing on the result. Far too many Hearts fans have forgot or didn't breathe when we went to Dundee all these years ago.

Since 1902 could be rammed down our throat and it may well be deserving if some folk are smug enough to think it's all concluded.

rab obanheartsno1

may 19th will be our day of destiny,we will not be overconfident we were all at dundee that day,this is our chance to grab history and prove once and for all that we are and will always will be the big team of edinburgh, cmon ye heartssssssss :thumbsup:

Its been a long time baby

Lets look at the facts;

90% of the Hibs team are on loan and have no emotional or financial motivation to get stuck in. In fact they will leave right after the game.

The other 10% are also out of contract.

None of the above will be wanting to get injured.

Gary O'conner will be going to the jail.

We have better players in every department.

We will only be beaten by complacency or an early red card.

We will win....

This is what am nervous about! Hearts have never carried the favourites tag well and would not be surprized if we lose a player (Zal/Black) in the first 30mins

Hibs best chance rests with a red card for one of our players and it must be considered a distinct possibility. When I think back to the 86 cup final Walter Kidd deemed to be determined to be sent off after they scored their second and eventually did. If we went a goal down, we have few hotheads I'd be worried about.

This is what am nervous about! Hearts have never carried the favourites tag well and would not be surprized if we lose a player (Zal/Black) in the first 30mins

Victor Meldrew

... apart from in derbies, of course. Remind me, who were the clear favourites on 02/04/06?

There is just something about the derby that gets to our players (in a good way).

I'm fairly relaxed about the whole affair but that's because I'm confident.

We're a far better side than they are and, by rights, we should win this game with a bit to spare.

I know that fate has a way of conspiring against you sometimes but I think that the mental fortitude of our players will see us through whatever happens.

They're shite. FTH.

starcatcher

i'm not massively confident.

yes, we should murder them on paper.....but i do feel the pressure is on us and that might be a factor.

if they play well and we play badly, they'll win.

if we play well they will need a huge amount of luck to win.

i think if Zal, Beattie and Rudi bring their A game, Hibs can't win.

Archived