• Thierry Henry
    • Roy Keane
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Paul Scholes
    • Alan Shearer
    • Patrick Vieira
    • Gianfranco Zola

Bert Le Clos

Couldn't see this posted anywhere else, and I thought it might be a nice distraction from the cup final. The nominations for the Premier League 20 Seasons awards are up. Some of them are pretty straight forward (best manager anyone?), but others (best player, best goal etc.) will be far more debateable.

I'll post a poll for each award. In the interests of fairness I'm going to use the nominations from the BBC Website. You can check out the videos to refresh your memory if needed. Obviously you can post your thought on who the winner should be, or anyone you think should have been nominated on the thread.

Starting with Best Player, I wish they'd had a seperate category for British & Irish players and Foreigners as it would have allowed more players to be nominated, especially defensive players and goalies. There's no reasons they shouldn't be represented as much as attacking players.

In the end I went for Paul Scholes. His level of performance over his entire career has been beyond belief. And retiring then coming back having not played looking better than ever amazed me and probably sealed his vote.

Like I've said there'll be huge debate over players who should have been nominated; Schmeichel, Ashley Cole, Les Ferdinand, Teddy Sheringham, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney etc etc.

Anyway, I'll post polls on other categories over the next week or so. Over to you.

Archived