Windows 7

broughies tach

broughies tach

Just bought a laptop with Windows7 installed after using XP for years with no problem. This heap of junk is now starting to work my last nerve but I need a solution to 2 recurring problems before the thing is hurled from my bedroom window down to the street below.

Firstly if I am connected to the internet and then move to another site more often than not I will get the "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage" error message CURRENT SOLUTION - just refresh the page then hey presto !

Second when using a link to another webpage a second window opens but the original page also opens on the new page. CURRENT SOLUTION - reopen the original webpage in one of the 2 windows.

Neither of the current solutions are doing anything for my rapidly disappearing patience Someone must have the solution. <_<

The People's Chimp

+ 2 for google chrome.

IE is honking.

Windows 7 is pretty good, using it on the new laptop with no worries at all. Anything that you need to check, usually a quick internet search will throw up the necessary info/solution.

broughies tach

Thanks guys Yeah I get the whole internet browser thing but that maybe just a quick fix which I am not really looking for. If IE worked fine with XP logicaly it should work fine with Windows7 If I don't get the answer I will continue to think that Windows7 is a pile of cack an opinion that I know other people dont share.

I am not felling the love for Windows7 I'm afraid as there are other things that bug the hell out of me but not just as much as the glitches

BoJack Horseman

Thanks guys Yeah I get the whole internet browser thing but that maybe just a quick fix which I am not really looking for. If IE worked fine with XP logicaly it should work fine with Windows7 If I don't get the answer I will continue to think that Windows7 is a pile of cack an opinion that I know other people dont share.

I am not felling the love for Windows7 I'm afraid as there are other things that bug the hell out of me but not just as much as the glitches

The version of IE you are using on Windows 7 isn't the same as the one that you used on XP. Both of the problems you described are with Internet Explorer and not Windows 7. Change your browser. That's the quickest fix.

broughies tach

The version of IE you are using on Windows 7 isn't the same as the one that you used on XP. Both of the problems you described are with Internet Explorer and not Windows 7. Change your browser. That's the quickest fix.

OK Walter I am picking up what you are throwing down but I'm convinced its Windows otherwise I would have no problem with upload/download to me new mobile (Samsung Galaxy) surely that cant' be browser related. Never had a moments trouble with XP & my Blackberry.

Totally convinced Windows 7 is a complete and utter crock of the brown smelly stuff.

OK Walter I am picking up what you are throwing down but I'm convinced its Windows otherwise I would have no problem with upload/download to me new mobile (Samsung Galaxy) surely that cant' be browser related. Never had a moments trouble with XP & my Blackberry.

Totally convinced Windows 7 is a complete and utter crock of the brown smelly stuff.

Try Windows 8!

Sheriff Fatman

One of the problems with the upload/download to the Samsung is that Kies is even worse than IE.

Just open the phone though windows explorer and cut 'n' paste to and from it.

broughies tach

One of the problems with the upload/download to the Samsung is that Kies is even worse than IE.

Just open the phone though windows explorer and cut 'n' paste to and from it.

Agreed with your comment regarding Kies

But cut n' paste really !!!! Fek me new technology and thats the best solution. It's a joke Just what do these geeks get upto in Silicon Valley

Sheriff Fatman

Agreed with your comment regarding Kies

But cut n' paste really !!!! Fek me new technology and thats the best solution. It's a joke Just what do these geeks get upto in Silicon Valley

That is all that is really happening anyway, you have more control if you do it yourself.

This might be interesting though.

S - Cloud

Archived