First football game/First Hearts game.

scott_jambo

21 September 1996

Hearts 1 (weir), Motherwell 1 (Arnott)

Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh (10,932)

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/19960921.html

Remember being taken by my dad and being so excited that I was at the front of the main stand. Wasn't a great game but at least I saw a hearts goal.

Surprisingly I remember that game very well. It was Andy Thorn's 2nd and last game for Hearts. The reason I remember it well was because I got a massive headache, as I used to get at that age (10), and had to be taken around the pitch to the first aid bit at the right of the away end. As I was taken past our goal (School end at the time) Motherwell scored, and you can see us walking past very briefly as Motherwell score. I was in the first aid bit when Hearts equalised.

Snake Plissken

Saturday July 29 1995

Elgin City 0 - 4 Hearts

(Robbo x 2, Wright, Locke)

vancouverjambo

16 April 1988

Hearts 2 Celtic 1

Mike Galloway and Gary MacKay

That game did it for me!!

kennygarland1

i cant actually remember my first game,but i do remember my first derby

Hearts 4 Hibs 1 1973,my dad took me and actually told me we would hammer them,my uncle who was with us(Hibby) laughed and betted him otherwise,i can remember my dad going to the boozer afterwards and me going home with my uncle on the bus telling me all the way how lucky we were:arf:

1968/69 Hearts 0 Kilmarnock 0 Old league Cup section game.When the game kick of i remember saying to my big brother

"I cant hear the commentator"

It was up in Perth at a St Johnstone Hearts match, must be about 1990, we won 1-0

Remember nothing else aprt from the stadium seeming huge!!

Malcolm Tucker

14th October 1995

Hearts 4-2 Raith Rovers

Alan Lawrence x2, John Millar and John Robertson the goal scorers.

Stevie Crawford and Alistair Graham scored for Raith.

14th of september 2006 hearts 0 vs sparta praha 2 :mad:

attendence 27,555

first game at tynecastle was the first game of this season.:sad:

14th of september 2006 hearts 0 vs sparta praha 2 :mad:

attendence 27,555

first game at tynecastle was the first game of this season.:sad:

Better late than never mate. :)

My old man worked at the footy every week either Hearts or hibs depending on who was at home (guess the occupation....)so going with him wasnt much of an option as a young lad.

First game I remember going too was

http://londonhearts.com/images/pr1992-93/pages/1992072701%20Newcastle%20United%201-0%20Tynecastle.htm

Robbos testimonial. I remember the old stand and the horrifying thought of having a **** in the old "urinal" (think it was a crumbly wall hunners of folk were all ****ing on at the same time).

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19780408.html

My first game, April 1978 v Arbroath. We won 3-2.

I remember my Dad asking me during the week if I fancied going to the football and I was so excited.

I remember us getting to the game what seemed like an hour before kick off, my old man must have though that there may have been some congestion :confused:, and we stood in the Gorgie Road end (pre segregation) as that was where my Dad stood in the 50's, 60's etc. I was even lifetd over the turnstiles! A rights of passage that I can't unfortunately pass on to my wee boy.

Wagon wheels and kai-ora orange juice from the person walking round the side of the pitch.

My next game wasn't until almost two years later, against Arbroath again!!

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19800329.html

This was a duller affair and in fact we left early (must be a family trait!;)) only to realise that Hearts had won courtesy of a late Malcolm Robertson goal.

We moved away from Edinburgh that April to, you guessed it, Arbroath!!!:o

jimbojumbojambo

10th April 1962 and a 4 - 2 loss to Partick Thistle (for whom Andy Roxburgh was playing I believe).

A pretty good Hearts team of:

Cruickshank

Polland

Holt

Ferguson

Barry

Higgins

Rodger

Hamilton W.

Wallace

Gordon

Hamilton J.

Only 19 games previously we had won the League Cup for the fourth time and I was sure that I wouldn't have to wait long to see us win a trophy.

36 years and one month later it happened.

First game Brighton / Wolves about 1967 :eek:

First Hearts game about then, but dont know what is was..

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19780408.html

My first game, April 1978 v Arbroath. We won 3-2.

I remember my Dad asking me during the week if I fancied going to the football and I was so excited.

I remember us getting to the game what seemed like an hour before kick off, my old man must have though that there may have been some congestion :confused:, and we stood in the Gorgie Road end (pre segregation) as that was where my Dad stood in the 50's, 60's etc. I was even lifetd over the turnstiles! A rights of passage that I can't unfortunately pass on to my wee boy.

Wagon wheels and kai-ora orange juice from the person walking round the side of the pitch.

My next game wasn't until almost two years later, against Arbroath again!!

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19800329.html

This was a duller affair and in fact we left early (must be a family trait!;)) only to realise that Hearts had won courtesy of a late Malcolm Robertson goal.

We moved away from Edinburgh that April to, you guessed it, Arbroath!!!:o

Always though there was something strange about you.

A Ginger from Abroath... it makes sense now.

First game was Aberdeen 0 v 0 Dundee.......still the worst ninety minutes of football I have ever endured.

First Hearts game was a pre-season friendly at Airdrie, Hearts gubbed them 7 - 0 (I think) with Sandy Clark scoring five.

14th February 1976

Hearts 3 Stirling Albion 0

Scottish Cup 4th round

Ralph Callachan, Drew Busby 2 ( 1 pen )

Always though there was something strange about you.

A Ginger from Abroath... it makes sense now.

You're just jealous ;)

And watch the Gingerism. You don't want bits of you washing up on the beach now.......:eek:

mods, where are you? surely this thread should be closed down NOW for referring to the good old days when there was terracing and people had fun going to games?;)

21 February 1995

Scotland 3 (Tweed, Jackson, Wright), Northern Ireland 0.

Easter Road, Edinburgh (5,067)

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/19950415.html

3 Hibs scorers at my first football game!!

Jackson turned out alright at least. :P

over to you.

Jackson scored one of the best goals i have seen that night, Tweed scored an ugly tap in, the only other Hibs player who played that night was McGinlay, who was really pish that night, I think the other scorer was Dodds.

Raymond K?ruzor?

Thu 28 Sep 2000

Hearts 3 VfB Stuttgart 2

agg 3-3

(hearts go out of UEFA Cup on away goals)

An absolute cracker of a first game

They had two sent off

Couldn't find my seat and my pal thought I hadn't turned up. Found him at half time though. And I was on TV for the highlights as I was right behind the goal at the Roseburn end.

Sat 13 Dec 1986

Premier

Hearts 7

Hamilton Accies 0

Hearts biggest premier league win.

Archived