Jeans That Fit

BigC

I can't be the only person who suffers from an unusually large backside and has trouble getting jeans....

You can your worst with the fat jokes... I'm no stranger to a fish supper and like a beer so I do have some fat, but I'm not obese and I do a fair amount of exercise too so I've got quite chunky legs.

My measurements are 38x33 but I usually wear 40inch waist jeans for comfort...

My issue is, ever since baggy jeans went out of fashion and low rise skinny jeans came in, I've struggled to get a pair of jeans that don't ride up my backside and crush my nuts when I sit down.

Does anyone else have this issue? Can anyone recommend jeans that have a bigger seat & higher waist?

As I'm not huge, High and Mighty jeans are all far too big... It's not that regular stores don't cater for my size (apart from wanky places like River Island), it's just that I'm unusually out of proportion...

Denny Crane

Marks and Spencer do jeans which have a stretch capacity. Being not exactly svelte myself, these are a Godsend for me. :thumbsup:

I can't be the only person who suffers from an unusually large backside and has trouble getting jeans....

You can your worst with the fat jokes... I'm no stranger to a fish supper and like a beer so I do have some fat, but I'm not obese and I do a fair amount of exercise too so I've got quite chunky legs.

My measurements are 38x33 but I usually wear 40inch waist jeans for comfort...

My issue is, ever since baggy jeans went out of fashion and low rise skinny jeans came in, I've struggled to get a pair of jeans that don't ride up my backside and crush my nuts when I sit down.

Does anyone else have this issue? Can anyone recommend jeans that have a bigger seat & higher waist?

As I'm not huge, High and Mighty jeans are all far too big... It's not that regular stores don't cater for my size (apart from wanky places like River Island), it's just that I'm unusually out of proportion...

I am exactly the same bud.

Waist is 38" but need a 40" because I have a big ass!

I get my jeans from Matalan. Got a pair today for a tenner. 40" waist, 33" legs. Fit perfectly. :thumbsup:

Edit: Matalan also has the stretch ones Denny is talking about and I sometimes get them for added comfort.

Tommy Wiseau

Stretchy jeans :rofl:

You want to cut down on your pork life mate, get some exercise :smuggy:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Stretchy jeans. Matalan. River island.

:facepalm:

You get what you pay for when it comes to jeans and it sounds like you boys are buying complete and utter guff.

Tommy Wiseau

I would suggest George from Asda but since River Island is "wanky" I don't want to recommend designer boutiques :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snake Plissken

Bit of a wake-up call if you can't squeeze into a pair of jeans, isn't it?

I find this a lot as well, though I am only a 30/32" I usually buy a 34" for comfort.

For a cheap and cheerful pair that seems to last can I suggest Topman twister jeans. Seriously wanky idea, but they look not too bad, and most importantly are extremely comfy in the nether regions.

DO NOT BUY THE SKINNY ONES!!!

I can't recall the fit I have but try a few of the twister ones on and you will come across the ones I mean.

Bearing in mind they are from Topman, you must do you utmost to avoid looking like a pillock. I therefore suggest you stear clear of any poncey colours or materials and just get the normal dark of light denim.

You get what you pay for when it comes to jeans and it sounds like you boys are buying complete and utter guff.

Would gladly pay ?50 if they fitted properly.

I can swim 100 lengths of a 25m pool in under an hour, I can row 2000m in 7min 19sec, I cycled 20km for sport relief a couple of weeks ago the day after weight training...

My fitness training is sporadic, whilst my pie eating less so, I therefore carry a bit of excess weight but my bodyfat percentage is not too far above the average for my age. I just have what appears to be a slightly unusual body shape which doesn't seem to fit the fashion of the day.

If you're going to take the piss at least make a little bit of effort to inject some humour.

Marks and Spencer do jeans which have a stretch capacity. Being not exactly svelte myself, these are a Godsend for me. :thumbsup:

M&S were the closest to fitting when I tried them on in town, but still a bit tight around the nuts... What brand are they under... They have a few "First Coast" or "North Coast" or something like that were the ones I tried but I know they have other kinds.

I buy Levi 501s to accommodate my fat arse.

I have a pair of 501's that fit not too badly, they are actually 38x34 rather than 40...

The main problem with them is around the thighs... I struggle to bend my knees and pick stuff up when I'm wearing them because they are tight around there. I could probably get 40x34 but would rather have something looser still.

For larger men with no sense of style (seem to be a few on this thread), you might want to try this place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZlYt9OkcVE

From 22 seconds in this makes me seethe like nothing else.

:seething:

That advert is incredible.

I'd suggest to anyone who needs a 62'' waist, that it's no internet shopping they need, it's put in a ****ing circus.

I only wear Carhartt jeans and their loose fit are widely cut.

I take a 36" waist but I like to buy 38" or 40" with the extra long legs and have the bottom bits of the legs trimmed down to make them extra loose.

If you're ever in London there's a Carhartt shop at Covent Garden.

I'm a Diesel or Replay man.

Probably doesn't help this thread though. :lol

I P Knightley

I've got cyclist's thighs which makes at least 80% of jeans cut the circulation to my legs when I sit down. In addition, there's an exercise regime I'm on which has focused on my belly muscles, giving them a rather circular appearance.

The good people at Levi Strauss do a "505" model which is the only decent pair I've found to accommodate my girth.

conn artist

try the H&M jeans. decent cut on the regular ones. not too skinny and fairly cheap too. I am normally a 34x32 but 33x32 in H&M.

M&S were the closest to fitting when I tried them on in town, but still a bit tight around the nuts... What brand are they under... They have a few "First Coast" or "North Coast" or something like that were the ones I tried but I know they have other kinds.

Blue Harbour are the best M&S jeans.If you want the elastic waist try the 36 as well.Good jeans at a reasonable price.I have a big arse as well and have never had problems with Blue Harbour.

Sheiky Baby

You do know the measurements in the high street shops are out by 2-4 inches? (Poss more in some shops) ::troll:::'>

Denny Crane

BLue Harbour are the label on the ones I've got

Hector Riva

Im 42"waist and 33"leg

Can I get skinnys?

Do you think it would be a good look? :blink::woot:

Well do ya?

Im 42"waist and 33"leg

Can I get skinnys?

Do you think it would be a good look? :blink::woot:

Well do ya?

If you wore a green jacket you'd look like a fecking snooker table :rolleyes:

Well, BigC, or should I say, Christian, if you'd stop screwing about in your Lambourghini, maybe you'd have time to lose some weight. <_<

Anyway, I take it you're coming back to watch your old team-mates in the cup final? :lol:

They repossessed the car.

:down:

Hector Riva

If you wore a green jacket you'd look like a fecking snooker table :rolleyes:

:lol:

Creepy Lurker

Never yet have I been able to find a shop selling jeans for adult males in a 28" waist / 30" leg. Serves me right for being an anorexic midget, I suppose.

Never yet have I been able to find a shop selling jeans for adult males in a 28" waist / 30" leg. Serves me right for being an anorexic midget, I suppose.

I was that size until a couple of years ago and then I discovered a deep love of Guinness, 30x30 now.

But anyway Gap used to do that size.

The People's Chimp

Some stunning suggestions on this thread, although for an investment piece I'd always recommend the core denim brands, Matalan's elasticated waistbands are certainly up there in the style stakes, but as a newcomer I wonder whether they might not be the long term denim that the OP is looking for?

BHS have been in the game for a long time, and there is a reason why. Quality, style, sophistication and no little comfort. They're certainly my recommendation.

Jeans are just badly cut nowadays.

I'm currently wearing a pair of 42" waist Next loose fit and I like them, they're okay, but I have them cinched in so much at the waist that there are pleats! I have a pair of 40" waist jeans at home (several actually) but they're all really tight around the thigh. I could probably get a pair of 38" on my waist, but I wouldn't get them up over my legs. I've lost a bit of weight recently (about a stone and a half in the past 6 weeks) and I'm hoping that one of the results of this will be the ability to fit into some of these jeans I've bought over the past couple of years that were cut for 10 year old girls.

I've bought a few pairs of jeans off Jacamo and they're okay. I bought some Caterpiller ones that fitted really well, but Jacamo change their styles and suppliers so often and so regularly you can't buy the same pair of jeans twice.

Jeans ARE poorly cut these days.

Im a 34 waist in my fitted suit.

However one of my pairs of cheap work trousers I had to go up to a 38! just so my legs had a bit room. Needs a belt as the fit is shocking.

GAP are reasonably good. Their regular and slim cuts used to be excellent. Went down hill as well though with their 'new slim cut' which is actually drainpipe skinnys.

Id plump for GAP EasyCuts, sort of regular cut with a bagger leg. Works for me! :thumbsup:

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I got that wake up call on Sunday, so im on Day 2 of losing the weight and its going well.

Sitting with a cup of Green Tea as we speak, new jeans for me in a month or so.

:smug:

30 long are not easy to find.

That's why I get my mum to order me cords from next.

One day when she's gone, I'll have to set up an account and order them myself.

52419_o.gif

Creepy Lurker

I got that wake up call on Sunday, so im on Day 2 of losing the weight and its going well.

Sitting with a cup of Green Tea as we speak, new jeans for me in a month or so.

:smug:

That there magic tea.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

That there magic tea.

It's not as bad as i thought it would be!

I dont even drink Tea or Coffee so im quite suprised.

:thumbsup:

Siphiwe Tshabalala

That's just as well, really, because it's magic.

What benefits you got from it, if you dont mind me asking?

Creepy Lurker

It is MAGIC and will give you a six pack in 7 minutes regardless of what you eat and what exercise you do.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

It is MAGIC and will give you a six pack in 7 minutes regardless of what you eat and what exercise you do.

:laugh:

Boaby Ewing

If you're buying jeans at Marks and Spencer it's probably time to stop wearing jeans.

Maybe just give up and traipse around in a onesie.

There must be some sartorial states on this thread.

I can understand not wanting to spunk 100 notes on a pair of Diesels or the like, but Levis aren't that expensive and won't leave you looking like a 40-year old toddler.

Creepy Lurker

:laugh:

Sorry, was being a smartarse in all my previous posts laugh.gif

Without wanting to derail the thread too much or go into too much detail, the main benefits are as follows:

• High levels of antioxidants / phytonutrients (nothing much to do with weight loss, but they do make it very good for you).
  • Appetite suppressing effect.
  • Slight fat burning effect, but it's overstated. You'd need to be drinking about seven cups a day for it to have any noticeable impact.

Ultimately, what you eat is far more important; green tea will give you that extra 2% if your diet's good.

Archived