Jacqui Smith

Deek

I will declare first of all I have never voted Labour in my life.

Jacqui Smith the home secretary does not strike me with confidence.

She would appear to be out of her depth.

If you watch or listen to her on TV or radio, she will come out with the party line, but when pressed on the actualities she cannot debate, but goes back to the party line.

Today in desperation she announced 300 extra police for the fight against terrorism. But when pressed on detail, it is not 300 police officers, it is going to be police, and support staff. It is also the lead up to the elections in 2 weeks and she has breached election rules by making this statement ahead of the date.

The Tories have said,"It is clear that Labour ministers have intentionally broken Cabinet Office rules in an attempt to create a political smokescreen.

The Home Office took the view that it was appropriate that an announcement on an issue of national importance should be made

Home Office spokeswoman

"They are trying to hide the fact that police authorities across the country are now axing the number of police officers, whilst hiking the police levy on council tax bills."

Not only is she incompetent but the labour party in the United Kingdom are heading for a great fall.

As a man who has never voted Labour you would say that wouldn't you?

I was being open and honest about not voting labour, as I was being open and honest on my opinion of the Home secretary. What are your opinions on her?

Stuart Lyon

I think she is a politician and that they are all as bad as each other irrespective of party! But I will still vote for Labour. There that's me been honest too. At least we are both honest - no chance of us becoming politicians then!

I like the other Jacqui Smith but I much preferred the other dark haired Angel

002.jpg

Oh, yes indeed :P

Jacqui%20Smith.jpg

Holy *****ake mushrooms!!! No way, Jose:eek:

Is that the length of your todger Boof, doubled? :)

002.jpg

I thought it was her when i read the thread..

So did I.

Here's who should be the Home Secretary.

caroline_flint.jpgCarolineFlint.jpg

If you watch or listen to her on TV or radio, she will come out with the party line, but when pressed on the actualities she cannot debate, but goes back to the party line.

Today in desperation she announced 300 extra police for the fight against terrorism. But when pressed on detail, it is not 300 police officers, it is going to be police, and support staff. It is also the lead up to the elections in 2 weeks and she has breached election rules by making this statement ahead of the date.

The Tories have said,"It is clear that Labour ministers have intentionally broken Cabinet Office rules in an attempt to create a political smokescreen.

The Home Office took the view that it was appropriate that an announcement on an issue of national importance should be made

Home Office spokeswoman

"They are trying to hide the fact that police authorities across the country are now axing the number of police officers, whilst hiking the police levy on council tax bills."

Not only is she incompetent but the labour party in the United Kingdom are heading for a great fall.

She should not have said anything in the first place, they (more so SHE) need to remain silent before polling day; so she has breached Whitehall polling/election rules!

She should not have said anything in the first place, they (more so SHE) need to remain silent before polling day; so she has breached Whitehall polling/election rules!

Desperate people use desperate measures.

The labour vote will collapse next month in England and Wales.

Desperate people use desperate measures.

The labour vote will collapse next month in England and Wales.

I agree but she surely would have realised it would have back-fired???

I think the labour party have lost a lot of their forward planning and spin, now that Blair/Campbell have left for good.

Gordon Brown is a good man with honest christian values, but as a leader of a major political party in the 21st century he does not have that vital extra ingredient required, personality.

I P Knightley
I was being open and honest about not voting labour, as I was being open and honest on my opinion of the Home secretary. What are your opinions on her?

I've got opinions all over modern politicians. The trouble, as I see it, is that all they have ever done or wanted to do is be a politician. There's no training for it and those that get the breaks are those that suck up adequately to the king-makers or those that satisfy certain quota criteria.

Smith, like many of the other newbies to cabinet, knows eff-all about eff-all and is only concerned with how her pie chart looks.

As for Charlie's Angels, Sabrina was my fave too. (Kate Jackson, I called her in all the love letters...)

shaun.lawson
So did I.

Caroline Flint - mmmmmmm... Order! Order in the House!

She gives me an election. :)

Home Office spokeswoman

So why personalise your criticism ?

And why do you think we on JKB care about your political beliefs ?

The Real Maroonblood
So did I.

She can visit my home.

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Her latest headline vote loser is

" Harass young thugs, police urged"

She said she wanted police to "turn the tables" on those who would not "live by the rules".

This could include repeated home visits and checks to identify benefit fraud or council and road tax non-payment.

I can see all the young thugs in Edinburgh quivering in their pyjamas. Waiting for that knock on the door in fear and trepidation.

Her latest headline vote loser is

" Harass young thugs, police urged"

She said she wanted police to "turn the tables" on those who would not "live by the rules".

This could include repeated home visits and checks to identify benefit fraud or council and road tax non-payment.

I can see all the young thugs in Edinburgh quivering in their pyjamas. Waiting for that knock on the door in fear and trepidation.

I think you will find that Kenny MacAskill handles these matters in Scotland.

I think you will find that Kenny MacAskill handles these matters in Scotland.

He does, but I am British.

He does, but I am British.

So am I, but she deals with England and Wales on these matters and MacAskill deals with them in Scotland.

Archived