AGM - Friday

PTBCAL

So no CO to the board and RR to continue as Chairman and Interim CEO ?

The shareholders at an AGM don't need to vote for board appointments;

"Director who are appointed during the course of the year must be confirmed in office at the next AGM" (IoD, company directors guide)

If CO has been appointed MD then the job/title CE/CEO is nulled. (Managing Director and Chief Executive (Officer) being the same 'job' with a different title) His appointment may be confirmed as part of the normal business, but I wouldn't expect a vote, necessarily.

lost in leith
The shareholders at an AGM don't need to vote for board appointments;

"Director who are appointed during the course of the year must be confirmed in office at the next AGM" (IoD, company directors guide)

If CO has been appointed MD then the job/title CE/CEO is nulled. (Managing Director and Chief Executive (Officer) being the same 'job' with a different title) His appointment may be confirmed as part of the normal business, but I wouldn't expect a vote, necessarily.

Fair comment, but if they were going to appoint CO as a director would it not make sense for them to do so when his new role was announced? My gut reaction is that the Board will remain all Lithuanian.

Fair comment, but if they were going to appoint CO as a director would it not make sense for them to do so when his new role was announced? My gut reaction is that the Board will remain all Lithuanian.

When CO role was announced a month or so ago I was told that it was suggested he would be appt to the board but VR had declined it.

Hope CO is appt to the board tomorrow but in truth I am not expecting it.

Archived