Tonight's Champions League Football

moogsy

heartstastic

The pen offence happened before the block. It it had happened to us we'd be raging.

Were we not given a penalty at Ibrox recently for almost the exact same thing?.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Puyol committed the first foul, you can't give a foul for shirt pulling if the ball isn't even in play, surely?

The correct decision would have just been to let play continue and that's what would have happened up the other end.

Graeme Souness knows **** all about football. No wonder he can't get a gig in management anymore.

Chris Benoit

Puyol committed the first foul, you can't give a foul for shirt pulling if the ball isn't even in play, surely?

The correct decision would have just been to let play continue and that's what would have happened up the other end.

Can't say for certain but it looked like Busquets had a handful of the front of Nestas shirt.

Barcelona would've got a penalty there

Seymour M Hersh

Holding a shirt before the balls in play isn't a penalty IMO.

Penalty all day long. Get over it. I just wish there was consistency from referees over shirt pulling in the box.

rossthejambo

Sky pundits are shite these days, or maybe I never noticed it before. The way they talk about English football as if its some elite brand that only the best played can play in pissed me right off.

Hope Milan nick this.

Seymour M Hersh

Graeme Souness knows **** all about football. No wonder he can't get a gig in management anymore.

His shite knows more about football than you.

Barce really are a bunch of greetin faced *******s. He wasn't the last man, yellow card is correct.

Just looking through this thread.. was is this last man pish.. that isn't a rule.. its goalscoring opportunity.. ie take the defender out of the play and would the player have scored..

The answer in this case is yes so it should have been a red.. the ref was lenient as he didn't want to spoil the game..

John McClure

Biscuits must draw the most fouls and freekicks on the planet, hes never off the ground

You have to admire the football but the behaviour of the Barca players surrounding the referees at every opportunity does my head in.I wish the refs would start booking them.

:rofl:

Another laughable decision goes the way of the Catalan Tims.

rossthejambo

Hand ball when the balls fired directly at you from less than a yard away and it hits your chest glancing off your arm?

Nou Camp's the Old Trafford/Parkhead of European football it would seem.

Sergio Garcia

The amount of decisions Barca get is unreal, how the christ was he supposed to get his hands out the way. I am starting to develop a anyone but Barca mentality, the amount of moaning to the ref and calling the game they do is unreal.

heartstastic

You have to admire the football but the behaviour of the Barca players surrounding the referees at every opportunity does my head in.I wish the refs would start booking them.

Can you honestly remember a top team in the last 2 decades that hasn't done this?....Man u...Arsenal...Madrid....Milan....it's part of the game these days whether us supporters like it or not. I love the way Barca play....but Busquets has no place on a football pitch....a ice rink maybe.

The amount of decisions Barca get is unreal, how the christ was he supposed to get his hands out the way. I am starting to develop a anyone but Barca mentality, the amount of moaning to the ref and calling the game they do is unreal.

Exactly how I feel.

Guest Prince William

Really can't stand Barca. UCL games the night have been a complete non event. Total bealing

Certainly can't see Chelsea or Benfica getting in the way of Barca's quest to the trophy.

Rudolf's Mate

Were we not given a penalty at Ibrox recently for almost the exact same thing?.

Yep now imagine it hadn't been given? Now you see my point.

Yep now imagine it hadn't been given? Now you see my point.

Most folk at the time couldn't believe it'd been given

Gavsy Van Gaverson

:facepalm:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Can you honestly remember a top team in the last 2 decades that hasn't done this?....Man u...Arsenal...Madrid....Milan....it's part of the game these days whether us supporters like it or not. I love the way Barca play....but Busquets has no place on a football pitch....a ice rink maybe.

Busquets is superb as the anchor man in Barca's midfield but he runs of the risk of being remembered as a cheating *****.

His play acting does my head in.

rossthejambo

Busquets is superb as the anchor man in Barca's midfield but he runs of the risk of being remembered as a cheating *****.

His play acting does my head in.

That's my major gripe with Barcelona. Such an undoubtedly talented team shouldn't need to resort to play acting and surrounding the ref after every contentious decision. Always takes the shine off great Barcelona performances for me.

Ibrahimovic has been really dissapointing over both legs for Milan

Admittedly I don't watch a awful lot of Italian football, but the only time I've ever watched him and been impressed is on YouTube. Never witnessed him have a good game in real time.

Admittedly I don't watch a awful lot of Italian football, but the only time I've ever watched him and been impressed is on YouTube. Never witnessed him have a good game in real time.

Im the same always hear great things about him but never seems to do much in any game i see him in.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm only greetin as I had ?25 on Messi @ 8's :sob:

Never mind, there's always the backup plan.....

Accumulator (4)

To Win ?25.00

Barcelona - Barcelona v AC Milan - Match (90 Minutes Play) @ 1/4 @ 1.25

Birmingham - Burnley v Birmingham - Match (90 Minutes Play) @ 13/10 @ 2.30

Brentford - Brentford v Oldham - Match (90 Minutes Play) @ 4/5 @ 1.80

Huddersfield - Leyton Orient v Huddersfield - Match (90 Minutes Play) @ 10/11 @ 1.91

:locke:

Bert Le Clos

:goodone:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Ibrahimovic has been really dissapointing over both legs for Milan

He always seems to disappoint.

Always wins league titles though :laugh:

heartstastic

:goodone:

Ok so they've not claimed a champions league and on there current slide there not going to. But you cannot say the team with Viera...Pires..Henry..Overmars etc were not a great team....played some of the best football i've seen and i'm certainly not an admirer of Arsenal F.C by any means. They were at the top of the tree for surrounding and harassing ref's with the Man U team of similar time frame right there beside them. We call it moaning...players call it winning.

He always seems to disappoint.

Always wins league titles though :laugh:

His scoring record is excellent, with a record of more than a goal every 2 games.

However, it's usually the CL that I see him in, and he seems to disappoint most times.

Another problem is his ego - he talks himself up too much as well, setting himself up for a fall if/when he can't live up to his own hype. Players like Messi let their football do the talking.

Holding a shirt before the balls in play isn't a penalty IMO.

thats cack mate, so could players punch each other lights out off the ball then?

You see fouls or pens given all the time for players anticipating not reaching the ball and panic by holding or tripping before the ball is seemingly playable by them......You can`t physically foul someone on or off the ball.

Chris Benoit

thats cack mate, so could players punch each other lights out off the ball then?

You see fouls or pens given all the time for players anticipating not reaching the ball and panic by holding or tripping before the ball is seemingly playable by them......You can`t physically foul someone on or off the ball.

Except that's not what he said

Ok so they've not claimed a champions league and on there current slide there not going to. But you cannot say the team with Viera...Pires..Henry..Overmars etc were not a great team....played some of the best football i've seen and i'm certainly not an admirer of Arsenal F.C by any means. They were at the top of the tree for surrounding and harassing ref's with the Man U team of similar time frame right there beside them. We call it moaning...players call it winning.

Doesn't matter who does it,time for the Referees to start taking action as its ruining the game.Take Barca for example,undoubtedly one of the finest teams ever but most of the talk is now about their gamesmanship and unsporting behaviour.

Except that's not what he said

It is more or less. I was giving an example. Not hard to understand.

rossthejambo

I said when the ball is IN PLAY. Nothing to do with being on/off the ball.

I said when the ball is IN PLAY. Nothing to do with being on/off the ball.

You said BEFORE the ball is in play. On/off the ball, it doesn`t matter, you can`t foul.

rossthejambo

You said BEFORE the ball is in play. On/off the ball, it doesn`t matter, you can`t foul.

The first sentence, I just said that.

The second, I give up :vrface:

thank feck. Its like trying to talk to a brick wall.

feck me, right here's an example

Hearts v Ayr United Scottish Cup in 1998 - waiting on a corner to be taken an Ayr player lamps Jim Hamilton and is promptly sent off

Penalty to Hearts?

No, corner is taken after the dust has settled as the ball was dead at the time of the offence taking place

Bringing that to this example, if Nesta is pulling the Barca player before the corner is taken to get an advantage but is not pulling the player at the time the ball is kicked the penalty cannot be given as when the ball is in play no offence has taken place

rossthejambo

thank feck. Its like trying to talk to a brick wall.

Said, unbelievably without any hint of irony as well.

Archived