Trapped Nerve In Neck

Gershwin

Anyone had this before?

Think i managed to do it a few nights ago during my sleep but it took me ages to get out of bed this morning. I was in agony.

What's the best course of action?

Obviously I thought it would be best to ask on here, rather than go to the doctor. :ninja:

Dr. Bapswent

Done it in my shoulder.... excruciating.

Doc gave me mega painkillers, but was unabel to work on them.

They also took away any motivation to do anything, so goign out was awful too, couldnt really care less.

Ended up stopping them as i thought they were worse than the pain (which had eased a bit).

But eventually i went to see a sport physio who worked out the problems, and gave me stretches and excercises to maintain it.

Id suggest a simialr course of action - painkillers to help the pain, but not over te counter ones, and get to see someone who can manipualte the bones/muscles to see if you can sort it, it may just be a nerver trapped in muscle/bone.

Chad Sexington

Had it last year and it struck again at the srart of this year. Freakin sore like :(

Im still getting a bit bother with it. Go to your docs and get some industrial strength painkillers. You might need to be referred for physio as well.

I actually work round the corner from A&E so I'm planned a trip there at lunch.

joe.gausden

Gershwin, be aware of the advice of painkillers from Baps and Imp, they have clearly affected the ability to spell on both them :lol:

Chad Sexington

Gershwin, be aware of the advice of painkillers from Baps and Imp, they have clearly affected the ability to spell on both them :lol:

:lol:

In my defence, Im posting from my phone.

Im nothing without spell checker.

:sob:

I actually work round the corner from A&E so I'm planned a trip there at lunch.

Try your Gp or minor injuries at the western first.

Konrad von Carstein

Just recovering from the same thing - woke up last Sunday sore as hell, it has eased off but it is still giving me pain - I get this frequently, must have aweakness or something in the muscles. (or maybe something to do with poor posture whilst sat at my desk at work)

Quality service from University College Hospital. 20 minute wait and some proper pain killers.

Probably should take the diazepam before my client meeting though.

Anyone had this before?

Think i managed to do it a few nights ago during my sleep but it took me ages to get out of bed this morning. I was in agony.

Obviously I thought it would be best to ask on here, rather than go to the doctor. :ninja:

You need physio mate. Highly recommend the physio just over from Meadbownak Stadium. Had this same problem and with 1 hour session of physio he unhooked the nerve and within 24 hours I was back to normal.

You need physio mate. Highly recommend the physio just over from Meadbownak Stadium. Had this same problem and with 1 hour session of physio he unhooked the nerve and within 24 hours I was back to normal.

Cheers.

I actually need to get physio for my lower back as I've been having spasms for the last few months so I guess i can get both sorted at once. :thumbsup:

Just need to find a decent sports physio down here (I don't live in Edinburgh you see). There's one near my work on Harley Street but I reckon that's a bit of a rip-off. They're ?78 an hour!!!!

Quality service from University College Hospital. 20 minute wait and some proper pain killers.

Probably should take the diazepam before my client meeting though.

Ha. That was supposed to say 'shouldn't'.

I regularly have problems with trapped nerves in my neck, both sides, and I can sympathise. As has been said get some pain killers from the doctor, or ibuprofen with codeine from the chemist to tide you over.

I've been going to see the chiropractor recently to see if they can fix me and although its costing me a small fortune, i'd highly recommend it to anybody that has been suffering with any neck or back pain as its been worth it, so far!!

i was being treated for a trapped nerve last summer but the physio was doing nothing so i got a cortesone injection.

that worked for a week then it came back even worse.

went for an mri scan in january and it turns out that i have 2 discs worn down near the top of my spine , which is causing the vertibrae to rub the nerves.

now been referred to a neurosurgeon as the usual orthopeadic surgean won't operate as it is too near the brain and the surgery is done through the front of the throat , with scalpels slicing between the jugular and windpipe.

i've now been on a mixture of tramadol , diclofenac and amytryptaline since november and it is still as sore as feck.

i've been told the pain is exactly the same as a trapped nerve , so i know the OP will be suffering.

i was also told the damage is down to wear and tear of the discs(must have been spanking the monkey a bit too much)

Guy at my work suffered with a bad neck and upper back, went to see an anatomist in Leith, said ten mins later the difference was amazing. Not seen him for a couple of weeks right enough, so don't know how he's getting on. I'd never heard of an Anatomist before, but might be worth a shot. I wouldn't trust a chiropractor, my Wife went to see one a few times, and they were really gouging the cash out of her and if anything made her back worse.

Chad Sexington

Cheers.

I actually need to get physio for my lower back as I've been having spasms for the last few months so I guess i can get both sorted at once.

Thats weird. Ive been getting spasms in my lower back as well.

Wonder if its connected to the trapped nerve thing.

Thats weird. Ive been getting spasms in my lower back as well.

Wonder if its connected to the trapped nerve thing.

To compensate for neck/shoulder pain you'll subconsciously be moving the rest of your body differently - particularly your back.

You'll probably be using your back muscles without even realising to try and protect your neck and as they're being used more than they're used to that can lead to spasms.

scottish_chicP

I've had that before. Think its just a matter of painkillers and time! I sympathise with you, it was freaking agony! Hope its a quick recovery!

Chad Sexington

To compensate for neck/shoulder pain you'll subconsciously be moving the rest of your body differently - particularly your back.

You'll probably be using your back muscles without even realising to try and protect your neck and as they're being used more than they're used to that can lead to spasms.

Right. That makes sense. Cheers. :)

Anyone had this before?

It will be a pulled muscle

Get an ice pack on it.

Bag of frozen peas usually does the trick

No fee required

:thumbsup:

I got diagnosed with this a year ago. Pain got worse and worse. Until it was like constant toothache from my neck to my hand! Wasn't after mri scan it was a slipped disc in ny neck was diagnosed. My private Physio had mentioned this 3 weeks before but GP said unlikely! What I'm saying I suppose is monitor pain and don't hesitate to get in the system if it gets worse. Mine started as only a mild pain. I put off going to see the right people and it cost me. I was off work for near 8 months(self employed). 4 off which in agony,on opiates etc. Don't mean to alarm you but don't hesitate in going to docs,I wish I hadn't.

Chad Sexington

That'll be ?30, thanks :thumbsup:

Sorry. I cant make it down the bank today.

Ive got a bit of a bad back.

:greggy:

Chad Sexington

It will be a pulled muscle

Get an ice pack on it.

Bag of frozen peas usually does the trick

No fee required

:thumbsup:

Horrific advice :(

Archived