Video Technology in Football

Captain Lithuania

Captain Lithuania

Hi, I have an essay to write for my Higher English folio, or should I say have already written. Basically it's about Video Technology in Football, obviously, and I need some opinions on whether or not you think it's necessary for football to remain fair.

I'm unable to add a poll, unsure why that is, as I have done in the past, it would be helpful if you read this you could simply post yes or no and I will manually calculate the percentages. And also, if possible if you could give a reason why you believe this. I've already mentioned the Watford "goal" that never was, and also the Thierry Henry incident in the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers. Any other high profile incidents that you feel warrant the introduction of video technology (which I haven't included) and you feel it would be beneficial to my argument could you please include.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I have an essay to write for my Higher English folio, or should I say have already written. Basically it's about Video Technology in Football, obviously, and I need some opinions on whether or not you think it's necessary for football to remain fair.

I'm unable to add a poll, unsure why that is, as I have done in the past, it would be helpful if you read this you could simply post yes or no and I will manually calculate the percentages. And also, if possible if you could give a reason why you believe this. I've already mentioned the Watford "goal" that never was, and also the Thierry Henry incident in the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers. Any other high profile incidents that you feel warrant the introduction of video technology (which I haven't included) and you feel it would be beneficial to my argument could you please include.

Thanks a lot!

yes

england vs germany, world cup, goal that never was :thumbsup:

Captain Lithuania

yes

Thanks, I actually think I included it, but I forgot to mention it above because it wasn't important at all.

:verysmug:

John McClure

yes

it takes longer for the players to celebrate and get back in position than it does to watch 3 or 4 replays to see if a goal is offside or handball etc. each team should have 2 NFL style "challenges" that the manager can take if they think the ref has missed a goal ie lampard for england or mendes for spurs at old trafford

Dean Winchester

yes

it takes longer for the players to celebrate and get back in position than it does to watch 3 or 4 replays to see if a goal is offside or handball etc. each team should have 2 NFL style "challenges" that the manager can take if they think the ref has missed a goal ie lampard for england or mendes for spurs at old trafford

This. I've always been impressed with the NFL's system and think it usually works quite well when the coaches use it properly. I wouldn't mind an extra 10 minutes at a football match if it ensured the game was played fairer and I don't think most people would care I either.

Do The Dance

yes

Lampard's goal? Well over...

Something should be brought in with the technology that is available. Too much money now rests on it..

John McClure

This. I've always been impressed with the NFL's system and think it usually works quite well when the coaches use it properly. I wouldn't mind an extra 10 minutes at a football match if it ensured the game was played fairer and I don't think most people would care I either.

i will never understand the argument of "it gives us something to talk about" when it comes to controversy. I would rather have the correct decision than the quick one. every other sport helps their refs, umpires and judges, except football. they are human and make mistakes, technology helps reduce this

also, refs stopping the clock like in rugby. does my head in all the time wasting. the ref should stop the watch at injuries, subs etc. especially when players are rolling around at the end of the game trying to kil time. "aye roll about aw day pal, no taking any time up though" does my head in. has nothing to do with video technology, just annoys me

skinnybob72

This is a good idea. Every time that TV replays are mentioned you are guaranteed to get some rasper giving it the 'where do you draw the line?' and starts going on about stopping the game to see whos throw it was, etc. If teams were allowed to ask twice a game then the small things like that would not be considered.

Archived