Scottish Bloody Power

Andy.C

Anyone else had this problem with Scottish Power before:

The bills are coming in quarterly as per normal. We receive a for the period from 12 December until 28 February. We hold off on paying this until the 1st of April (so we can pay this off alongside the council tax). So both get paid on the 1st of April.

Imagine my surprise when we get a bill on Friday of last week, but for December 12th to March 30th (or there abouts). I phone yesterday, and the guy agrees that it is 'a bit odd' and out of their normal billing cycle. I keep explaining we've paid the whole first bill, and can this mistaken new bill not just be cancelled until the next bill (as it would keep everything in line)...but no...apparently it has to be paid, as it is an 'issued bill'. Keep explaining we've paid it (except this extra month they've added on in the new bill), so why would we pay for something twice?

Apparrently it needs paid, and we will have the excess credited to our account! A pain in the erse...at the end of the day, it is an unexpected bill...for no reason that they still demand to be paid!

Switch suppliers. Send a letter telling them why, how annoyed you are, hope they go bust etc.

They almost know that they're as rubbish as everyone else and use it as an excuse to provide awful customer service, thinking you'll never leave.

Threaten to go to Energywatch or Trading Standards over clear stupidity and see what you get offered.

Worked for me with British Gas when they were threatining legal action over ?90 I had already paid, got a ?50 discount!!

I used to work for Scottish Power - go in shout Energywatch and they'll panic and they'll sort it out. It'll be some Call Centre moron - it always was.

What ever you do, DONT change to NPOWER..We have people complaining bout them all the time at work.. Even their workers we speak to say they are rubbish..

What ever you do, DONT change to NPOWER..We have people complaining bout them all the time at work.. Even their workers we speak to say they are rubbish..

TOO BLOODY RIGHT, never received a bill fom them for 2 years despite writing to them after 6 months without a bill onwards, then they expected payment once I decided to leave them within 7 days, and this was despite setting up a direct debit to pay the due amount over a year, bunch of amateurs, go nowhere near NPOWER

Archived