Edinburgh Airport Lounge - Servisair

Guest Prentice

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Yeah I've used it loads on times when I used to fly with Scot Airways

To be honest its pretty poor, although it beets siting with the great unwashed and you do get a comfy set/free beverages

Its not on a par with the business lounges of say BA or Virgin in the smoke but if youre not paying for it its better than nowt

AWFUL, well its awful when compared to some other "proper" business lounges. A couple of years back we were flying back to the States from Edinburgh on Continental. At that time (it may have changed now) Continental did not have its own lounge or an affiliate arrangment with another airline so we had the use of the Servisair Lounge. It was very basic and self service. Mind you it will certainly be better tha sitting out in the general public area.

Enjoy the free booze ;)

PS. Whats the cost?

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Thanks mate

I'd have to pay for it myself to will weigh up the pros and cons

Cheers

I'd pass unless its say an extra fiver. I suppose you could batter the bevvy to get your dough back if its more but if thats a bad idea then there's only so much shortbread a man can eat.

It is not the best. Small and cramped.

The best one in the airport is BMI, far better than BA.

Last time I flew Scotair, just over a year ago, they had their own lounge, I assume now they have tied up with Air France they share the Servisair lounge. Both lounges were next to each other, so they could have expanded it.

I've only ever bothered using one Servisair lounge, (I think it was Edi (it was a few years ago)) and as others have said it was a bit basic, but better than nothing.

Guest Prentice

PS. Whats the cost?

?17.50 per person for a maximum of 3 hours

I think I will pass

Thanks for all the advice

PS. Whats the cost?

I think I will pass

Not worth it unless it has been hugely improved in the last year or so.

Now, the Virgin lounge (Clubhouse) at Heathrow ... that is what an airport lounge should be like ...!;)

Say What Again

I could definitely get ?17.50's worth in 3 hours ;):mj_zivili:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
It is not the best. Small and cramped.

The best one in the airport is BMI, far better than BA.

Last time I flew Scotair, just over a year ago, they had their own lounge, I assume now they have tied up with Air France they share the Servisair lounge. Both lounges were next to each other, so they could have expanded it.

I agree. I have flown down to Manchester on numerous occasions with the work and always use the BMI lounge in Edinburgh and Manchester.

I think I drunk 6 or 7 bottles of budweiser in an hour the last time I used the lounge in Manchester. Nothing better than free beer :)

The Old Tolbooth

The BMI lounge is definately the best one, although not a patch on Manchester Airport, or maybe it was just because it was a blur ;)

Gavsy Van Gaverson
The BMI lounge is definately the best one, although not a patch on Manchester Airport, or maybe it was just because it was a blur ;)

You copying me :evilno:

;)

nothing wrong with it,dont pre-book unless you are flying peak time just take your credit card and pay at the door its only ?12.50 free booze, crisps, nuts, cheese and biscuits, a great start to a holiday

You copying me :evilno:

;)

Go up a few posts, and I think you will find somebody else said BMI was the best. ;)

Nelly Terraces

It's gone up in price a bit. I've used it a few times, last time before Mrs NT and I went for a break to Madrid back in October and it was only ?15. The flight was delayed for 1.5 hours so we had 3.5 hours in there, I DEFINETLY got my moneys worth in free liquor. Even at ?17.50 for a coupla hours, I agree it's not the best, but I'd say it's worth it. Beats sitting in that bloody mingin bar with the chavs. Far more relaxing in the lounge.

Thank you for flying with NT Airlines. I hope you enjoyed your flight.:biggrin:

Nelly Terraces
I agree. I have flown down to Manchester on numerous occasions with the work and always use the BMI lounge in Edinburgh and Manchester.

I think I drunk 6 or 7 bottles of budweiser in an hour the last time I used the lounge in Manchester. Nothing better than free beer :)

You had the choice of all that free drink. And you plumped for Budweiser USA P*sswater. Some people really do look gift horses in the gullet.

I P Knightley

I think I will pass

Not worth it unless it has been hugely improved in the last year or so.

Now, the Virgin lounge (Clubhouse) at Heathrow ... that is what an airport lounge should be like ...!;)

100%

I'm lucky that work put me on business class if the flight's more than 4 hours. Flew to Jamaica last year and took Air Jamaica since BA were about to go on strike. Air Jamaica don't have their own lounge but let you into the Virgin Lounge. God but it's good!

The BA lounge at LHR is pretty shabby at the best of times (for what you're paying) but Virgin knocks spots off it. Where BA give you a bag of nuts and some help yiourself booze, Virgin give you table service and the most amazing selection of food.

Back to Servisair, ?17.50 for 3 hours of free bevvy & snacks doesn't sound too bad - if you plan to spend 3 hours at the airport. Nowadays when I fly, I usually have to be with it at the other end so the attraction of loads of booze is somewhat diminished and I just want to spend as little time as possible at the airport.

chester copperpot

When the missus used to work in travel, we'd get quite a few weekend excursions in business class. I have to agree with those that say BMI lounge in Edinburgh is the best. Its the same in Glasgow too IMO.

Never used Serviceair, but I suppose if your plan is to drink as much bevvy as possible, then 17.50 is a fair price. If it's to relax in peace and in comfort, then no, that would be too much to pay.

Just watch you dont drink too much, as you might not get on your flight. ;)

Archived