Best Flight Deals

grumpyjambo

grumpyjambo

Going to Oz soon and I am looking for ideas of where we can get the best deals in Edinburgh for flights including internal Oz flights.

Get yourself onto Skyscanner. Cracking website which shows you exactly how much flights will cost at particular dates.

Im looking to fly to Chicago and the prices for August are horrific. Cheapest I've found is ?392 going via Atlanta! Everything else is nearly ?500.

grumpyjambo
Im looking to fly to Chicago and the prices for August are horrific. Cheapest I've found is ?392 going via Atlanta! Everything else is nearly ?500.

We paid 740 last year to go to Oz, this time we are looking at a grand each.

?392 to Chi Town is pretty good!

Go via Dublin with Aer Lingus. The cheapest way to get to the States by far. Get a cheap Ryanair to Dublin. You also do US customs in Dublin so sail through in the US and don't pay the big UK airport taxes.

Nelly Terraces

Went with my mate The Dalry Lama last year and booked through these dudes in George Steet http://www.austravel.com/contact/branches/

They were really good, booked flight over there to Melbourne and flying back fae Sydney for ?740, and they booked the internals for us with VirginBlue who someone else mentioned earlier, it's Virgins budget internal operator in Oz.

Cheers, enjoy yer trip. Fantastic country.

Legend Claws
Going to Oz soon and I am looking for ideas of where we can get the best deals in Edinburgh for flights including internal Oz flights.

Do it all online mate travel agents are a thing of the past. Book all your internal flights direct with Virgin Blue/Jetstar/Tiger all Aussie equiv of Easyjet etc.

Nelly Terraces
Do it all online mate travel agents are a thing of the past. Book all your internal flights direct with Virgin Blue/Jetstar/Tiger all Aussie equiv of Easyjet etc.

Thats what i would have said before booking with Austravel. But they got the best deal we'd seen, but I agree in general, TA's are finished and I've never booked anything with them apart from that 1 break. Agree also wbout the internals, just book them yerself.

Anyone know of any decent offers for going to New York in October??

Anyone know of any decent offers for going to New York in October??

As I said check out Aer Lingus. To get there from Edinburgh doesn't work out in one day but the worse that happens is a night in Dublin between flights.

Guest casper
As I said check out Aer Lingus. To get there from Edinburgh doesn't work out in one day but the worse that happens is a night in Dublin between flights.

Or Shannon.

I'm going over to Oz for 4 days in Oct, I found some last month at ?680 going via Hong kong..... unfortunatly the airline who would have been flying me to hongkong has gone bust! so I'm still looking.

Emirates had good deals.... need to get my finger out too.

Archived