We have options for manager - according to Vlad / Charlie

bighalders

Vladimir Romanov's spokesman claims Hearts have a contingency plan in place if they don't get the manager they're looking for in the summer. It's widely believed Mark McGhee is favourite to take over the hot seat at Tynecastle. But several bosses are being considered in case their first choice becomes unavailable for whatever reason. And Charlie Mann is also defending the time it's taking for the club to get their man... - from Talk 107

Vladimir Romanov's spokesman claims Hearts have a contingency plan in place if they don't get the manager they're looking for in the summer. It's widely believed Mark McGhee is favourite to take over the hot seat at Tynecastle. But several bosses are being considered in case their first choice becomes unavailable for whatever reason. And Charlie Mann is also defending the time it's taking for the club to get their man... - from Talk 107

So I believe, that is what Campbell Ogilvie is doing - whether this is good or not depends on who the options are and if they are happy to come as 2nd choice (which if it is Jefferies, I think he would).

portobellojambo1
Vladimir Romanov's spokesman claims Hearts have a contingency plan in place if they don't get the manager they're looking for in the summer.

Without reading too much into the above my conclusions from it are that they reckon the chances of getting the person they claim they are trying to get are pretty remote, and initial response to the early season ticket sales drive has been even slower than expected, and someone somewhere is now beginning to panic ever so slightly.

I suspect the contingency plan is probably Stephen Frail, but to announce a name now could further impact on early season ticket sales.

Without reading too much into the above my conclusions from it are that they reckon the chances of getting the person they claim they are trying to get are pretty remote, and initial response to the early season ticket sales drive has been even slower than expected, and someone somewhere is now beginning to panic ever so slightly.

I suspect the contingency plan is probably Stephen Frail, but to announce a name now could further impact on early season ticket sales.

Spot on - The odd leak to the press here and there to create the impression we have a first choice manager lined up AND even if that doesn't work we have others as options too. Absolute nonsense, who is going to wait until the summer because they are a contingency for the Hearts job. We have no one lined up and never will, Vlad has made sure of that. Watch out for Stevie Frail being announced around the end of July beginnig of August - the only guy who would accept the job if they've managed or coached in football previously

hearts_crazy

Does the 'contingency plan' involve Shaggy getting his coaching badges? (You can take this a a rhetorical question BTW).

Frail CANNOT become manager.

He has 20 months coaching to do to pass his Uefa Pro License.

Don't believe the kickback spin folks!!!

And to announce HIS name now would be financial suicide. I would love to hear the current figures for ST sales, not one person I know (over 20 ST holders) has so far renewed and only 2 of them are definetely renewing regardless of who is given the job. I reckon the regime are beginning to realise the spin and storytelling is wearing thin and after Friday morning probably even moreso.

Frail or some other no mark = worst ST sales this millenium

chester copperpot

I believe the rule to be if they have started their coaching badges, then they can remain in the managers position. That may be wrong, but I am positive that I read this in the paper recently.

Treat it as wind, can have an impact but nothing solid involved.

Charlies just clearing up the worry that if we dont get who we are wanting some one will be the manager at some point..... How enlightening

EDIT. Cant believe I spent 3 minutes looking for my head phones to listen to the clip. What a waste o time.

Drew Busby !
I believe the rule to be if they have started their coaching badges, then they can remain in the managers position. That may be wrong, but I am positive that I read this in the paper recently.

I thinks thats about the size of it. In the EPL, was that not the case for Southgate at 'Boro ? (and a few others I'm sure...)

Ah yes but can he be "head coach" though,you see Vlad doesn't employ managers any more.

I thinks thats about the size of it. In the EPL, was that not the case for Southgate at 'Boro ? (and a few others I'm sure...)

Glen Roeder too.

Has any other club ever taken this long to bring in a manager?

Man City took a day and age to get to Sven. Pearce knew he was getting his jotters ages and ages ago.

Arsenal took some time with Arsene Wenger many moons ago.

However the length of time we are waiting is nothing short of disgraceful unless it is Mark McGhee then I would fully understand as he made a commitment to Motherwell.

They still required dispensation from the EPL before appointing.

chester copperpot

That was the article mate, thanks for reminding me.

Man City took a day and age to get to Sven. Pearce knew he was getting his jotters ages and ages ago.

Arsenal took some time with Arsene Wenger many moons ago.

However the length of time we are waiting is nothing short of disgraceful unless it is Mark McGhee then I would fully understand as he made a commitment to Motherwell.

Pearce was there though right to the end of last season!

We last had a manager in October 2005!

JamboRossi79
Don't really know how he can try and defend the length of time to make the appointment.

No matter what your view on whether we will get a manager or not, the length of appointment is unacceptable.

Also do I sense that perhaps the club no longer think they will get their first choice.

Now I don't know whether we will get McGhee or not so this is just my theory but I would imagine the reason for the length of time is down to the fact there was no way that McGhee (which he already confirmed re Scotland job) was going to leave Motherwell before the end of the season.

Just spent 15 minutes trawling thru the SPL and SFA websites.

A Manager MUST have a Uefa Pro License.

However, as always there is an exception. If someone has started to study for a license before 8/4/08 then he can become manager. Pretty sure that Frail is on the course that has just started so he CAN become manager.

Not sure if this would need to be approved by the SFA though as I was sure that there was some SFA press release about Hearts NOT being able to compete in the Inter Toto due to Frail's qualifications.

Clear as mud as always when you try to work out what the rules ACTUALLY are with these two organisations.

My prediction is Frail as Head coach and Neil McCann as his number two.

The two of them seem to be taking in in turns talking to the press.

Frail going for his pro license and McCann is now the reserve team coach.

We will find out last game of the season' i think.

I don't know what to think.

If Frail ends up with the gig I want a full and transparent reason why i.e. He was our first choice, or , we tried for [insert name here] but couldn't get them.

Other than that, I don't see the point in fretting over what may or may not happen.

The two of them seem to be taking in in turns talking to the press.

Frail going for his pro license and McCann is now the reserve team coach.

We will find out last game of the season' i think.

I am not in favour of this. :evilno:

Could well be and if it is you can write of the 2008-09 season already.

Nelly Terraces
I don't know what to think.

If Frail ends up with the gig I want a full and transparent reason why i.e. He was our first choice, or , we tried for [insert name here] but couldn't get them.

Other than that, I don't see the point in fretting over what may or may not happen.

Think I have a rough idea Boris....

puppet_large.jpg

Since the 1st of January the following clubs have managed to fill their managerial vacancy.

Swindon Town

Newcastle United

Luton Town

Leeds United

Bury

Sheffield United

Southampton

Coventry City

Macclesfield Town

Chester City

Lincoln City

Mansfield Town

Shrewsbury Town

Huddersfield Town

Thats just the English leagues.

Since the 1st of January the following clubs have managed to fill their managerial vacancy.

Swindon Town

Newcastle United

Luton Town

Leeds United

Bury

Sheffield United

Southampton

Coventry City

Macclesfield Town

Chester City

Lincoln City

Mansfield Town

Shrewsbury Town

Huddersfield Town

Thats just the English leagues.

The big difference is these clubs actualy wanted to sign a manager IMO our lot don't.

Could well be and if it is you can write of the 2008-09 season already.

If they where to get the job. I think Frail and McCann would get us in the top six but we would be nowhere near Europe (3 in the league) and out of both cups in the early rounds.

I would obviously prefer McGhee or some other decent manager but is just how its looking to me.

Hope I'm wrong.

Boab Mugabe

Dispensation can be granted for someone who is in the process of doing their UEFA pro license to remain. If not here, it's certainly been the case in England.

Perhaps a dream return for the bold Malofeev is in order. Star jumping our way to success! :cool:

I would think there are only 2 possible reasons why it is taking so long to name a new Manager.

1. The Kickback option. Its all a con and there wont be a new Manager (or a new stand etc etc) however it's not being announced until after the season tickets are on sale.

2. The person they are after is employed by another club and has publicly stated that he won't leave the club mid-season however at the end of the season "things may change". Doesn't sound like anything M*** McG** has said does it? Oh wait a minute it does!

Your choice.

Dispensation can be granted for someone who is in the process of doing their UEFA pro license to remain. If not here, it's certainly been the case in England.

Perhaps a dream return for the bold Malofeev is in order. Star jumping our way to success! :cool:

how long can they give them though? Frail has been caretaker for 5 months almost and the course runs for 20 months that would mean Frail would have flouted the laws for two years? surely not!! looking at it though, there is no way it will get that far.....nobody will turn up to watch them ruin our club!

VR yer a ***** if you think you can get away with this :evilno:

Walter Bishop

Vlads 3 options -

1 . We will release a statement kidding on we are after a new man, this will take flak away from disgraceful season.

2 . We will put out the rumours about McGhee,Davies,Jefferies etc in the hope of ensuring season tickets are renewed.

3 . Frail is the new manager and and is always going to be.

Has any other club ever taken this long to bring in a manager?

What 30 months?

Doubt it...

OK, lets pretend Rix was a proper manager - he was at least outwith Vlads network - 27 months?

Doubt it....

OK, lets pretend Valdas was a proper manager - he was "in charge" when we won the cup - 21 months?

Doubt it....

OK, Malofeev - 19 months, 2 weeks?

Doubt it....

Er, after that we've only had interim coaches havent we?

By the way, to anyone c-h-u-n-t-e-r-i-n-g on about coaching badges - have you actually been conscious for the last 2 years.

"How to employ who you want as coach whether he has badges or not" by Vladimir Romanov

1. Sack somebody in your coaching staff

2. Appoint "lackey" on interim basis.

Interim coaches dont qualify for the rules....

Our main contingency plans (if we are indeed looking for a new independent manager)

1. Frail

2. This new Kaunas guy that is hanging around like a bad smell

3. As yet unknown 60 or 70 year old Eastern European relic

And before I am mocked each and every one of those categories of "coaches" has been Vlad's modus operandi since Rix left

The big difference is these clubs actualy wanted to sign a manager IMO our lot don't.

Indeed. Its the only logicol conclusion that i can arrive to in this bizarre scenario.

Now I don't know whether we will get McGhee or not so this is just my theory but I would imagine the reason for the length of time is down to the fact there was no way that McGhee (which he already confirmed re Scotland job) was going to leave Motherwell before the end of the season.

This is what I hope to be the case

Buffalo Bill

To be fair, Kickback usually decends into a state of anomie whenever there is a mangerial vacancy.

I remember the unrest on here three years ago. Even when Burley was put in place, the worry spread to signings, and lack of them.

Hopefully, we'll get our man.

Hopefully, everything will be in its right place, as Radiohead might say.

Buffalo Bill

londonjambo

I'm going to stick my neck out here and at the risk of looking very foolish, I strongly suspect that McGhee has said to Romanov that he will wait until the end of the season to make a decision. I suspect that if Motherwell dont finish third and if Sellick dont come in for him, we will get McGhee. Clearly, none of that could be announced now for obvious reasons.

I suspect that they have targets in mind if McGhee doesnt come. One may be JJ. Clearly, they cant do a deal with any of them until they know what McGhee is doing.

I also firmly believe that we won't be lumbered with Shaggy as head coach next season. Even Romanov can see that a team in the bottom half isnt going to make money.

GC

There is money sitting in a bank account acting as a bond on Billy Davies, apparently. First choice remains McGhee, though.

I still think JJ wil be back.... just a hunch.

The club will make flimsy excuses back peddle and we will employ JJ, cheering up hearts fans who had all turned in to jibbering recks by this point... me included.

Archived