Unemployed Rankers players

adeb74

Just a thought, but with at least 6 first team rankers players expected to get the heave within next 48 hours, are there any that you would give a short term contract to?

Alexander

McCulloch

Edu

Papic

Fleck

Lafferty

Alexander.

this. not an amazing keeper but certainly better than what we have (not counting kello in this for obvious reasons)

Think if it meant employment on a lesser contract till end of season any of the players would be accessible but all cup tied with exception of maybe Alexander!

aye I wish.

Papic would be class, couldnt afford him.

McCulloch is mince though. Don't know how he has been around for so long. Even rangers fans hate him.

Alexander. Anything that means we don't have to play Jamie Mac would be a step forward.

We couldn't afford the rest. They'll most likely be championship bound.

winningways

Alexander , and would be a reasonable replacement for Kello for next season.

Alexander - same as most others on this thread. However if any of the rest of them were struggling to find employment until the end of the season & fancied playing for modest remuneration then I'd welcome them. I could even tolerate Lafferty....I think... :unsure:

aye I wish.

Papic would be class, couldnt afford him.

McCulloch is mince though. Don't know how he has been around for so long. Even rangers fans hate him.

Would be interesting to see how many 'fair' elbows to the coupon, and 'strong' two-footed challenges he got away with if he did come to us though :yucky:

winningways

Alexander - same as most others on this thread. However if any of the rest of them were struggling to find employment until the end of the season & fancied playing for modest remuneration then I'd welcome them. I could even tolerate Lafferty....I think... :unsure:

Lafferty would be very hard to tolerate.

Alexander and Fleck are the only remote possibilities I would think with the goalkeeping position the priority

Just a thought, but with at least 6 first team rankers players expected to get the heave within next 48 hours, are there any that you would give a short term contract to?

Alexander

McCulloch

Edu

Papic

Fleck

Lafferty

Think there could be a bit of funny business here. Got a feeling that players will be off loaded by administrators and re-employed by new owner! Players given employment back at club but on lesser terms!

However like a few here I think Alexander would be a good signing

Would take that Ness or whatever his name was. Looked a good young player.

I would take him and Wylde but I suspect they will try to keep the young players like that.Less wages and potential to sell.It will be all the old shit like Broadfoot that are in the way out.

Dr. Bapswent

Alexander

McCulloch

Edu

Papic

Fleck

Lafferty

Im sure all of them would be clambering to come to us.

Most would overlook luctrative deals down south to come to 'the famous' and they would all realise they would be hear on merit, not as a disount bargain and I would expect most to become fans favourites in no time.

The players themselvse will have no say in the matter either and not see moving to Hearts as a step down at all.

Getintaethem

I hear that the tea lady makes a top-class brew. Get her signed Vlad, you know it makes sense. :thumbsup:

I predict that even if these players are let go, not one of them will sign a short term deal! No point with only 2 months to go, unless they have a contract already agreed somewhere else

Napoleon  Wilson

Alexander would be a great signing. I rate him. But with Ridgers and MacDonald signing new deals it would be daft to bring in 3rd keeper. Did we not try and sign Alexander just after we had sold Craig Gordon?

The Comedian

Id be more interested in any talented youth team players looking for a gig.

Andrew Little has 4 months on his contract. I'd sign him in a minute.

Think there could be a bit of funny business here. Got a feeling that players will be off loaded by administrators and re-employed by new owner!

Except there's no new owner. :blink:

tartofmidlothian

Broadfoot is going to be made into glue.

FTFY.

Alexander, in a minute.

Andrew Little has 4 months on his contract. I'd sign him in a minute.

Agreed, Salim Kerkar looked pretty handy too against Inverness. If they were both laid off I would certainly like us to look into bringing them in. Ness and Wylde also would be excellent, but I dont see them being laid off.

FTFY.

Alexander, in a minute.

I would have thought glue would be the way to go

Ahhhhh, but they can sell the pies for more.

tartofmidlothian

Ahhhhh, but they can sell the pies for more.

Or they sniff the glue out a bag and forget all their worries.

Rather than trying to get Alexander, maybe we should just pick our own contracted, superior, keeper Marian Kello till the end of the season and start next year with Ridgers as no1.

Crazy talk I know.

Alexander

McCulloch

Edu

Papic

Fleck

Lafferty

Lay off the drink mate, otherwise when you return to work , you`ll be A & D tested. Hearts have enough problems with their discipline without even thinking about signing these 2 numpties.

The only one I woud touch is Fleck, and even then his wages would be more than we will be thinking of paying from next season onwards.

The rest are too old or too expensive in wages.

I think Wylde is out of contract this summer though - surprised his name hasn't been mentioned.

jamboinglasgow

Personally I would love us to go for Ness and Fleck if they are released. Though with Ness the only problem for him is that he has been injured for almost a year. My rangers mate said to me last night that if he was fit Ness would walk straight into their midfield.

Posted on RFC taxcase site

JCGE1888 We Pay Our Taxes CSC

#gers players to be axed ? Goian Broadfoot Papac McCulloch Healy Aluko Bartley Alexander Kerkar Little Naismith Durrant. Unconfirmed reports

alwaysthereinspirit

No. They're going to be bitter about what will have just happened to them.

They'll be blaming everyone except the right person(s)

They've felt entitled as long as they've been there and so are spoilt.

I'd rather we didn't.

McCulloch is a better player than Adrian. I'd be delighted to see him at Hearts.

McCulloch and Black would be a very handy midfield partnership. No chance of them getting bullied out the game. Rock solid.

#gers players to be axed ? Goian Broadfoot Papac McCulloch Healy Aluko Bartley Alexander Kerkar Little Naismith Durrant. Unconfirmed reports

Kai Naismith presumably. Too much to hope for it being the whinger.

alwaysthereinspirit

McCulloch is a better player than Adrian. I'd be delighted to see him at Hearts.

McCulloch and Black would be a very handy midfield partnership. No chance of them getting bullied out the game. Rock solid.

That disgusting bar steward McCulloch wouldn't last 10 mins in a Hearts shirt. He would never get away with us what he did with them.

Personally I would love us to go for Ness and Fleck if they are released. Though with Ness the only problem for him is that he has been injured for almost a year. My rangers mate said to me last night that if he was fit Ness would walk straight into their midfield.

I would take Ness in a second, even if he is injured. Well worth the risk IMO.

Looked like a cracking player any time I have seen him.

Durrant's doing well to still be playing for Rangers at his age.

jamboinglasgow

Kai Naismith presumably. Too much to hope for it being the whinger.

Maybe not, he is injured until next season, they may feel they wont be able to sell him so have to release him to save on the wages.

If it is Steven Naismith (and the players away on loan cant come back) I worked out their best team would be if it is the ones listed above:

McGregor

Whittaker, Bocanegra, Perry, Wallace

Celik, Davis, Edu, Ness, Wylde

Lafferty

Subs: Gallacher, Hegarty, McAusland, McCabe, Dick, Mitchell, Hemmings

That is still a strong Rangers team, but the bench is all players under the age of 20. Considering Lafferty is out till the end of the month, Whittaker a similar length of time and Ness is crocked. You can see where the effect of removing 11 first team players will hit (and it could be that a number of reserves and under 19s could be off as well.)

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Maybe not, he is injured until next season, they may feel they wont be able to sell him so have to release him to save on the wages.

If it is Steven Naismith (and the players away on loan cant come back) I worked out their best team would be if it is the ones listed above:

McGregor

Whittaker, Bocanegra, Perry, Wallace

Celik, Davis, Edu, Ness, Wylde

Lafferty

Subs: Gallacher, Hegarty, McAusland, McCabe, Dick, Mitchell, Hemmings

That is still a strong Rangers team, but the bench is all players under the age of 20. Considering Lafferty is out till the end of the month, Whittaker a similar length of time and Ness is crocked. You can see where the effect of removing 11 first team players will hit (and it could be that a number of reserves and under 19s could be off as well.)

Will be interesting to see what happens.

I believe Edu is also suspended for Saturday.

Naismith is an international player on a long term contract. I would be amazed if they binned him now. But as you say, with the injury, maybe.

That disgusting bar steward McCulloch wouldn't last 10 mins in a Hearts shirt. He would never get away with us what he did with them.

If we signed him he'd get disgusting on Scott Brown and Ian Murray.

Him and wee Blackie. :woot:

Aluko must be :seething: paid aberdeen compo to join rangers then gets scrapped a few months later.

Would take him, Alexander and if vlad is feeling really plush then edu

The Old Tolbooth

I expected more than that to be honest.

Alexander and Fleck would be my choice. Good keeper who would be a 1st choice at many clubs in the UK, let alone Scotland, and Fleck to me has always looked an interesting prospect.

Only a few months ago the Huns were apparently sniffing round our players when we had our "fire sale". Fast forward and we seem to be getting back to normal, signing players and now we are potentially sniffing around some of their players when they get laid off. Karma, gotta love it!

:yas:

Archived