Anybody from/in Hong Kong?

Tane

Heading out tomorrow for a week with my work and I could do with some suggestions for what to do this weekend. I'll be staying in Kowloon.

If it's on get yourself to the horse racing at Shatin, only about 5 miles from Kowloon and an incredible experience and very cheap.

We were treated like royalty with food, drinks and a visit to the owners enclosure for about ?10. thumbsup.gif

Have to say i was a bit disappointed with Macau.

A trip up the peak is good to get your bearings. Stanley is good for a wee trip too, if you time it right there is a decent market there.

The best thing I did in HK was a day trip called Kayak and Hike (unfortunately it doesn't start up again til April - are you going back?). You go off in a speed boat to an outlying island kayak through tunnels in the rocks and they take you for lunch to a fishing villiage that is inaccessable by road. You then land on another island and go for a walk through the Mangrove trees and up onto a peak that gioves fab views.

Not a traditional trip in HK, but just great. A few years ago it cost ~?80. Well worth ith though.

Great place to visit.

Have a good time

if you only have the w/end free, i would suggest just wandering around HK rather than going off on day trips else where.We stayed in the Novotel Kowloon, we would walk down to get the star ferry across to the island,jump on one of the trams to see some off the sites, as some one suggested go up the Peak using the funicular for somme stunning views, sample some of the street food, go for dim sum.There are loads of new building work with all the land reclamation going on,there is a new building which i think is the 3rd tallest in the world you can go up to the 100th floor for some great views.On the kowloon side the temple street market and ladies market at night is worth a wander,plenty of places to eat as well around these markets.We were there last year and loved it, its a place we would like to go back to, but we like to try different places each year.Enjoy :thumbsup:

if you only have the w/end free, i would suggest just wandering around HK rather than going off on day trips else where.We stayed in the Novotel Kowloon, we would walk down to get the star ferry across to the island,jump on one of the trams to see some off the sites, as some one suggested go up the Peak using the funicular for somme stunning views, sample some of the street food, go for dim sum.There are loads of new building work with all the land reclamation going on,there is a new building which i think is the 3rd tallest in the world you can go up to the 100th floor for some great views.On the kowloon side the temple street market and ladies market at night is worth a wander,plenty of places to eat as well around these markets.We were there last year and loved it, its a place we would like to go back to, but we like to try different places each year.Enjoy :thumbsup:

Wow!! That pretty much sums up my week in HK. Great post thumbsup.gif

Wow!! That pretty much sums up my week in HK. Great post thumbsup.gif

Cheers Graygo :thumbsup:

HK actually featured on a holiday programme on channel 5 last night,it brought back all the memories,the presenter was on the mid-level escalators among other parts of HK, definetly want to go back sometime, off to Vietnamm this year tho' :thumbsup:

Agree with posts about Macau. If your not into gambling it's not great. We went in 2009 and I was pretty disappointed with it, not really much to see.

Lots of the islands around HK are pretty cool, and they're so cheap to get to.

Get the cable car up to the big Budha for some quality views.

Archived