Glasgow

bob

Going through for abit of shopping and a night out with the lass. Just wondering if any of you guys have any tips etc? Never been there for any other reason that football before so any kind of advice would be excellent.

Cheers, Mr Bob.

jamboinglasgow
Going through for abit of shopping and a night out with the lass. Just wondering if any of you guys have any tips etc? Never been there for any other reason that football before so any kind of advice would be excellent.

Cheers, Mr Bob.

if want a quiet drink, a bit of clubbing or even a decent meal then hop on the subway and get off at Hillhead. The street you come onto is called Byers road, it has alot of nice restaurants and if you go up the side street next to the iceland's, thats ashton lanes. it is full of good bars, nice restaurants (if you have a bit of cash go for Ubiqutious chip (i think thats how you spell it.)) Though think the clubs may be a bit better in the center.

chester copperpot
I can recommend the Shanghai Shuffle in Bath St if your into Chinese.

You have to watch yer wallet in these places though, right John, even when getting offered a 3some with 2 hotties. :laugh:

Are you going clubbing, for a meal or just drinking?

Probably all three, looking for some decent advice on hotels aswell, dont really wana spend over a ton a night per person.

jamboinglasgow
Is that a brothel?

I was wondering that myself.

If it is, I know where my birthday night out tomorrow is going to end up.

The Old Tolbooth
You have to watch yer wallet in these places though, right John, even when getting offered a 3some with 2 hotties. :laugh:

Bollux, you remembered! :blush::blush:

:rofl::rofl:

chester copperpot
Bollux, you remembered! :blush::blush:

:rofl::rofl:

You have to share that moment with the board. And I guarantee most will see you for the gaylord you really are.

PMSL at the thought.

The Old Tolbooth
You have to share that moment with the board. And I guarantee most will see you for the gaylord you really are.

PMSL at the thought.

You need to stop now cos I'm gonna wake the bairn with laughing ffs :rofl:

The Old Tolbooth
Anyway, any advice on hotels?

I stayed in the Thistle Hotel right in the centre, got to admit it was really good Bob.

chester copperpot
Anyway, any advice on hotels?

Stayed in the central hotel right above central station for the semi, the hotel was superb and pretty cheap too.

Been to the Marriot which is a wee bit outside the city centre, which is nice too, but for if your wanting a Central Hotel, go for the one above.

What sort of music do you like?

What sort of food would you prefer?

Try hotels.com for cheap rooms. Decent website.

Sorry John but i would not recommend shanghai shuffle. Average, overpriced Chinese food with office parties / fat burds screaming kareoke in the background. Terrible, terrible place. If you wanted Chinese, the Amber Regent is exceptional.

The Old Tolbooth
What sort of music do you like?

What sort of food would you prefer?

Try hotels.com for cheap rooms. Decent website.

Sorry John but i would not recommend shanghai shuffle. Average, overpriced Chinese food with office parties / fat burds screaming kareoke in the background. Terrible, terrible place. If you wanted Chinese, the Amber Regent is exceptional.

I've only got good mammories, erm I mean memories of the place Cosa ;)

I've only got good mammories, erm I mean memories of the place Cosa ;)

Actually, it sounds pretty good when you say it like that.

Denny Crane

I concur with Cosa - Shanghai Shuffle is to be avoided like the plague.

However, if you prefer an Indian, the Ashoka on Ashton Lane (round the corner from Hillhead underground in the west end) is excellent.

However, if you prefer an Indian, the Ashoka on Ashton Lane (round the corner from Hillhead underground in the west end) is excellent.

Now that's a much better idea.

Ashton lane is ok for drinking as well. If the weather is nice you can drink outside.

Ashton lane is ok for drinking as well. If the weather is nice you can drink outside.

the best oriental restaraunt i've been to is the Thai at charing cross, cant remember the name though. The Thai behind Cineworld is pretty good also.

jamboinglasgow

its quite nice today. I should gone for a birthday pint after my exam, oh well. I'm off to Nude tonight instead.

You can also get cheap vouchers etc for asoka from priceyourmeal.com ;)

the best oriental restaraunt i've been to is the Thai at charing cross, cant remembger the name nthough. Thie Thzai behind Caineworld is mpretty good also.

Thai Fountain.

Amazing but not cheap.

its quite nice today. I should gone for a birthday pint after my exam, oh well. I'm off to Nude tonight instead.

Went out for a few last night to the Big Slope, used to be Air Organic.

Was quite cool sitting outside until 10pm looking onto Kelvingrove Park.

Thai Fountain.

Amazing but not cheap.

that'll be the one.

haven't actually been to any standout Chinese's in Glasgow, the one on Byers road is pretty good though, cant go wrong with the old Chinese buffets either if your not overly fussy.

that'll be the one.

haven't actually been to any standout Chinese's in Glasgow, the one on Byers road is pretty good though, cant go wrong with the old Chinese buffets either if your not overly fussy.

Amber Regent is great but expensive.

Even better is Asia Style near St George's Cross, accross from China Town. This place is unbelievable. Most of the customers are Chinese which is usually a good sign.

DigrsSlopBukit

Hi cosanostra

I remember a while back havin a spraff with you about the Buff Club

Somebody told me it had moved from Bath St,can you confirm or otherwise as i am spending one night in Glasgow next month and would like to revisit said club as we had a blinder in there a couple of years back

Cheers

Was at Mother India's Cafe across from the Art Gallery last monday. It is a sort of curry tapas. Had to queue for a table, but was not surprised as the food was great. Then up Byres Road for a few beers.

Hi cosanostra

I remember a while back havin a spraff with you about the Buff Club

Somebody told me it had moved from Bath St,can you confirm or otherwise as i am spending one night in Glasgow next month and would like to revisit said club as we had a blinder in there a couple of years back

Cheers

Yeah mate,

it's on Bath Lane. It's what used to be Alaska.

It's great for good looking girls and a friendly crowd. Tuesday is the electronic night. The rest are mostly funk, soul, ska, disco etc

Was at Mother India's Cafe across from the Art Gallery last monday. It is a sort of curry tapas. Had to queue for a table, but was not surprised as the food was great. Then up Byres Road for a few beers.

It is immense.

About the best Indian food in Glasgow.

Just round the corner from you Borthers.

The Old Tolbooth

I guess I must be one of the few lucky ones who had a good experience in Shanghai Shuffle.

I can understand why people would want to avoid it like the plague though.

I'll need to head through to Andys one night and try this Indian your raving about Cosa, I love a good Indian.

jamboinglasgow
It is immense.

About the best Indian food in Glasgow.

Just round the corner from you Borthers.

I live around there, never been to mother india before, sounds good though, except I dont go for indian food. Oh well. Di Maggios is best restaurant.

A Boy Named Crow

Right, take the underground out to Kelvinbridge, go out the door on the right, through the car park and out onto Park Road. There you will find the Shish Mahal. It by far and away the best Indian Restaurant I have ever been to. It regularly gets voted best casual* restaurant in Glasgow - not just best Indian but best out of everything. From there you are not very far away from Byres Road/Ashton Lane, you could walk it, but if you just get a Discovery ticket (all day pass, cheaper than a return!) for the underground it's only one more stop to Hillhead).

* Casual as in no need to wear a suit, not a slash your face on Albion Road casual!

Right, take the underground out to Kelvinbridge, go out the door on the right, through the car park and out onto Park Road. There you will find the Shish Mahal. It by far and away the best Indian Restaurant I have ever been to. It regularly gets voted best casual* restaurant in Glasgow - not just best Indian but best out of everything. From there you are not very far away from Byres Road/Ashton Lane, you could walk it, but if you just get a Discovery ticket (all day pass, cheaper than a return!) for the underground it's only one more stop to Hillhead).

* Casual as in no need to wear a suit, not a slash your face on Albion Road casual!

not any more sadly :(

What happened?

prices went up at start of April, 1.10 for a single, 2.20 for a return and 2.50 for a discovery :sad:

A Boy Named Crow
prices went up at start of April, 1.10 for a single, 2.20 for a return and 2.50 for a discovery :sad:

That is insane, unless they're using the extra dosh to keep it open longer, and extend it out East - I doubt if either is happening though? This is what happens. I left them for 18 months and this is what they do! The Shish is still the mutts nuts though.

jamboinglasgow
Where abouts are you JiG? I stay just off Argyle Street, by The 78 pub. Drink in Ben Nevis, Lismore and McPhabbs mainly.

I live right at the bottom of Kelvinhaugh street. Though spend most of my drinking at the union or byers road.

Archived