GTA IV - No pre order before April 7th = no game on release day.

vegas-voss

GAME and a few other sites are now stating that if you have not pre ordered GTA IV before April 7th there is no garauntee you will get the game on release day.It only applies to the standard edition of the game.Im ok as mine is the limited edition and i ordered it back in Febuary but just thought i would pass on the info.For people that aint pre ordered Asda would probably be your best bet if your trying to buy from a shop on April 29th.

There's people on the GTA forums crying about it, quite funny actually. I pre-ordered the limited edition a couple of months back aswell.

I've never really seen the point in pre-ordering games. Similar things were said about San Andreas, I went out to Game at the Gyle the night BEFORE it came out and picked up a copy. Fully expect to strut into a shop on the 29th and do the same.

i noticed pretty much every online retailer was saying the same.

zavvi weren't, but they aren't promising it for release day either:confused:

i've ordered mine through them anyway as i've been too tight to get live and they're giving out 3 months free with it

What's the difference between the Special Edition game and the normal one then?

I've not pre-ordered yet.

****!!!

What's the difference between the Special Edition game and the normal one then?

I've not pre-ordered yet.

****!!!

The Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition will be presented in a customized Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box. The box will contain:

* The Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never-before-seen production artwork from Grand Theft Auto IV.

* Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release.

* An exclusive Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys.

* Completing the collection is a limited edition Rockstar duffel bag.

It's the duffel bag that does it for me....

Here's a leaked intro to the game, looks pretty real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnNLpeJzDi8

Durdmeister

Does anybody know of any sites that are still offering release date delivery for the standard version!? tried a few of the obvious sites but no luck so far!

That video I posted was a fake btw, there's no silver bit on the disc.

I've played games with no silver bit on the disc before.

Still agree it's fake though.

I've played games with no silver bit on the disc before.

Still agree it's fake though.

Looks pretty real to me.

It has the real names on the credits.

When you shoot somebody in the head in their vehcle. Sometimes their head will fly back and bounce of the chair then onto the horn. Sometimes this will happen but they will also have their foot on the accelerator and run you over while dead!

Other tidbits are that people have real jobs, there are bin men window cleaners park gardeners etc.

You can buy new ringtones and use your phone to call any number you see in the game wether it be on a website (the game has it's own 'internet' or wether it is scribbled on a wall. You can also text a number that will text back telling you what the name of the song and the artist you are listening to.

Last thing, you need to make more decisions in the game that will affect the outcomes. For example, you make work with a guy in the story previously but then need to decide wether to kill him or spare him if you want to strengthen your relationship with another character.

Looks pretty real to me.

It has the real names on the credits.

The Xbox Live bit is wrong aswell, at the top of the disc. Looks like he's playing it on a monitor, wouldn't be too hard to make if he knew how. He skips a few seconds when he doesn't need to aswell, most probably a fake.

When you shoot somebody in the head in their vehcle. Sometimes their head will fly back and bounce of the chair then onto the horn. Sometimes this will happen but they will also have their foot on the accelerator and run you over while dead!

Other tidbits are that people have real jobs, there are bin men window cleaners park gardeners etc.

You can buy new ringtones and use your phone to call any number you see in the game wether it be on a website (the game has it's own 'internet' or wether it is scribbled on a wall. You can also text a number that will text back telling you what the name of the song and the artist you are listening to.

Last thing, you need to make more decisions in the game that will affect the outcomes. For example, you make work with a guy in the story previously but then need to decide wether to kill him or spare him if you want to strengthen your relationship with another character.

What's your thoughts on the HUD? Your health is on your map thing, but I'm not sure what the number next to the weapon is....could be money or ammo. You can rob ATM's so people were saying you could have a bank account, that would be pretty smart. I like the police radius aswell, if you get out of sight and hide for a while your stars will go away.

http://www.gtagaming.com/gtaiv/screenshots

Some pics of the HUD.

I like the HUD, it's pretty simple and not hard to get used to.

There are also reeal life celebrities in the game. Voiced over by the actual people.

It's going to be some game. I've just been playing SA and to be honest, it's pretty poor compared to what we have now and what IV will be! At the time it released it was the ebst game on the planet though!

I like the HUD, it's pretty simple and not hard to get used to.

There are also reeal life celebrities in the game. Voiced over by the actual people.

It's going to be some game. I've just been playing SA and to be honest, it's pretty poor compared to what we have now and what IV will be! At the time it released it was the ebst game on the planet though!

I read about that, do you think they are part of any missions? An article I read just said they would be walking about. I was playing GTA II the other day, you can download it for free from the Rockstar website.

I read about that, do you think they are part of any missions? An article I read just said they would be walking about. I was playing GTA II the other day, you can download it for free from the Rockstar website.

I'm not sure about missions. Mabye just a minigame thing when you talk to them or something.

I also read that the traditional pay phone phonecalls are back! So if you answer it you get a mission to assinate somebody with a picture of them sent to your phone.

Looking forward to this game so much but it's not exactly the biggest of GTA games.The review i read the reviewer finished the game in 3 days.It used to take me months to finnish one in fact the only one i managed to finnish was Vice City.

Looking forward to this game so much but it's not exactly the biggest of GTA games.The review i read the reviewer finished the game in 3 days.It used to take me months to finnish one in fact the only one i managed to finnish was Vice City.

He only played the main storyline though.

No side missions.

Houser has said that it's taken his team to complete about 4 hours a day for 2 weeks.

That guy was playing it non stop and it still took him about 25-30 hours. He also said it would take the average punter about 45 hours to complete with the side missions. You also then have the fact that most of the time you play isn't even in the story but farting about 'free roam'. I'm sure SA was about 50 hours with most of the side missions so it's pretty much the same.

Registration will open tomorrow (April 17th) for Rockstar Social Club - a new website from Rockstar featuring all kinds of multiplayer leader boards and stat tracking. Here are some of the features mentioned in the press release that was sent out on March 27th:

• LCPD Police Blotter - A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.
  • The Story Gang - This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic's main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.
  • The 100% Club - Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.
  • The Hall of Fame - This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.
  • The Liberty City Marathon - A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

Rockstar say that additional features will be added to the website following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV, including competitions and challenges. You will be able to register with your Xbox Live Gamertag and/or PlayStation Network ID.

Archived