Stag do - Best places?

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

My best mate is getting married this year and im looking to arrange his stag doo somewhere abroad. Currently have 27 going, anyone recommend somewhere they have been and place to stay.

cheers

Mr Brightside

My best mate is getting married this year and im looking to arrange his stag doo somewhere abroad. Currently have 27 going, anyone recommend somewhere they have been and place to stay.

cheers

Assuming its just a case of getting wired into booze for 3 days then either eastern Europe for cheapness or a beach resort which tolerates stag behaviour and allows you to recover from your hangover by a pool.

just back from amsterdam... stayed in the famous bulldog hostel.. you could get two 12 person rooms and a 4 person room... it was pretty cheap. http://www.bulldoghotel.com/ it would be a perfect place for a stag do. Alot to do, pretty relaxed over everything and got drugs and prostitutes everywhere.... also got things to see like the heineken museum(which was cheap and amaazing) and things like that.

Been to several places around in Europe. Mostly all good. :thumbsup:

Don't go to Kaunas. Its nice enough but a severe lack of pubs etc. let it down.

Best stag do I have ever been to was ten guys to Magaluf 11 years ago. Just an incredible week. Oh, and sheer punishment doled out to our bodies was horrendous. One guy spewed outside our hotel before we checked in. The pile of cigarette packets in or flat at the end of the week was moving independently and four of the ten were signed off by the doctor the following week.

Good times.

cheers

Latvia :thumbsup:

Walter Bishop

Livi? God`s country. :thumbsup:

Looks like we have decided to choose from 3, Benidorm, Prague and Amsterdam just working out costs etc and will head to where ever is cheapest!! :thumbsup:

Done a few home and away stag do's but I still think the best one was Cardiff. Loads of stag level entry pubs and the locals were brilliant.

Walter Bishop

Going to Magaluf in May. Sotavento apartments, cheap as chips and looks the business for a stag do.

Did you book through a travel agents??

Anyone been to Barcelona for a stag? Any recommendations apart from the Nou Camp?

Aye - watch yer wallets... :ninja:

I've been before so know all about watching for pickpockets. Just like any other European city though. Anyone got any pubs or club recommendations?

I've been before so know all about watching for pickpockets. Just like any other European city though. Anyone got any pubs or club recommendations?

Sorry, don't like Barcelona much, so tend to spend as little time there as possible whenever I'm passing through. Can give you some good tips for day-trips out of the city and other places to visit, so let me know if that'd be of interest.

Anyone been to Barcelona for a stag? Any recommendations apart from the Nou Camp?

Go to Razzmatazz for a night. It's absolutely huge, with several rooms connected by outside staircases and the like. When we were there, some random electro band came on for an hour, with one of the tidiest front-women I've ever seen.

just back from amsterdam... stayed in the famous bulldog hostel.. you could get two 12 person rooms and a 4 person room... it was pretty cheap. http://www.bulldoghotel.com/ it would be a perfect place for a stag do. Alot to do, pretty relaxed over everything and got drugs and prostitutes everywhere.... also got things to see like the heineken museum(which was cheap and amaazing) and things like that.

Fantastic place!

Not sure if all the wives would allow though....

• 4 years later...

TIME TO RESURRECT THIS THREAD. BEST MAN DUTY BECKONS

suggestions on destination?

Suggestions on activities?

Anyone with stag experience advice on how to manage the travel for everyone. I fancy doing an AWAY trip but as there is guys travelling from all over (Nottingham, Aberdeen, Edinburgh etc) it makes it tricky.
What is better:
A- tell everyone to sort their own travel and book hotel
B- book a package from edinburgh and travel together (likely means an extra day needed off work for some lads)

TIME TO RESURRECT THIS THREAD. BEST MAN DUTY BECKONS

suggestions on destination?

Suggestions on activities?

Anyone with stag experience advice on how to manage the travel for everyone. I fancy doing an AWAY trip but as there is guys travelling from all over (Nottingham, Aberdeen, Edinburgh etc) it makes it tricky.

What is better:

A- tell everyone to sort their own travel and book hotel

B- book a package from edinburgh and travel together (likely means an extra day needed off work for some lads)

Get definite names and tell them they still need to pay if they drop out.

Book it yourself from Edinburgh. Same hotel. You've got to stay at the same place.

If some from further afield want to make their own way there then let them. Give everyone a week to decide if their going or not.

Go to Berlin.

John Findlay

Budapest: We had T shirts made up in Hungarian. One of our party kept getting stared at a lot. Turned out his T Shirt said I shag horses.

Cardiff

This is top of the list currently. For ease/activities/nightlife it seems to tick all the boxes.

For those who said BERLIN, sounded a firm recommendation, how so? any suggestions on activities/clubs there?

Budapest: We had T shirts made up in Hungarian. One of our party kept getting stared at a lot. Turned out his T Shirt said I shag horses.

I love hungary in general. i stayed there as a student. If would be a great shout but it's likely i'll be going next year to visit friends anyway so dont really want a double whammy.

Get definite names and tell them they still need to pay if they drop out.

Book it yourself from Edinburgh. Same hotel. You've got to stay at the same place.

If some from further afield want to make their own way there then let them. Give everyone a week to decide if their going or not.

Go to Berlin.

Good advice

iain ferguson

Best stag dos I have been on were Magaluf and Fuengirola. Prague but was good but Barca was full of thieving gyppos although saw a young Torres score 2 for athletico. Riga was a disappointment IMO.

Hamburg had the most amazing smelling strippers. I can't remember the name of the club but the hot stripper smelled absolutely amazing. Hard to describe but it was just a beautiful fresh smell. If lenor made fabric softener that smelled the same as that stripper I'd never wash my clothes in anything else.

I wish I could smell her again.....particularly the bit between her gorgeous boobs.

Newcastle must surely be considered

Why go to the expense to go abroad

this is true. He done my stag in newcastle though so rules that out

Anyone been to Posnan for a stag do?

Been to Poznan. I liked it better than Wroclaw and Krakow.

Fine for a stag party imo.

luckyBatistuta

Hamburg had the most amazing smelling strippers. I can't remember the name of the club but the hot stripper smelled absolutely amazing. Hard to describe but it was just a beautiful fresh smell. If lenor made fabric softener that smelled the same as that stripper I'd never wash my clothes in anything else.

I wish I could smell her again.....particularly the bit between her gorgeous boobs.

:rofl: don't know how old you are bud, but you sound like a smitten schoolboy?cheers for giving me a chuckle.

His name is

Get everyone to book their own flights from the airport conveiant to them. This may narrow down destinations as everyone looking for flights in/out on the same days from different airports.

Once you have an idea of numbers book hotel rooms on booking.com, they allow free cancellation and you usually pay on arrival

hmfc_liam06

This is top of the list currently. For ease/activities/nightlife it seems to tick all the boxes.

For those who said BERLIN, sounded a firm recommendation, how so? any suggestions on activities/clubs there?

Was at a stag in Cardiff 3 weeks ago, was a tremendous weekend. I'm assuming you've been before?

I was in Cardiff last summer with the Mrs and couldn't help thinking what a great place it would be for a stag do.

:rofl: don't know how old you are bud, but you sound like a smitten schoolboy?cheers for giving me a chuckle.

I'm old enough to know better.....but that smell......intoxicating......

I'm old enough to know better.....but that smell......intoxicating......

Archived