Next Season - Better or Worse?

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

As it's a slow news day .... here's a wee prediction game.

The SPL next season - for each team predict some key changes and decide if they will be - Better or Worse? (than this season as a result)

The SPL next season - for each team predict some key changes and decide if they will be - Better or Worse? (than this season as a result)

Jambos - more of the same crap

The Others .... don't care

Hearts - Much worse, unless our glorius owner lives up to his promise to recruit a head coach/manager of the required quality and give him full autonomy over team selection and the final decision on player recruitment.

Charlie-Brown
Hearts - Much worse, unless our glorius owner lives up to his promise to recruit a head coach/manager of the required quality and give him full autonomy over team selection and the final decision on player recruitment.

'unless' is a conditional Martin - I'm asking you to make your predictions not an each way bet. :)

'unless' is a conditional Martin - I'm asking you to make your predictions not an each way bet. :)

Your prediction for Motherwell is based on the condition of them losing McGhee and McCormack:eek:

You haven't made an erse of yourself again have you Charlie?;)

Charlie-Brown
Your prediction for Motherwell is based on the condition of them losing McGhee and McCormack:eek:

You haven't made an erse of yourself again have you Charlie?;)

No I am predicting that neither McGhee nor McCormack will be at Fir Park next season and also they will not do as well in the league next year - it is a firm prediction - I'd be willing to bet money on it.

Charlie-Brown
Hearts - Better.

New man appointed, 3rd place finish.

A simple straightforward prediction JF :) stating a finishing position is optional but not necessary - better or worse will do! :thumb:

chester copperpot
Celtic - Better.

Strachan to leave, Big name manager provided with serious funds.

Thanks for cheering me up this hungover sunday JF.:evilno:

chester copperpot
No, thank you Chester Copperpot.

:laugh:

You're welcome.

FWIW, I think Hearts will improve next season. We cannot, I repeat cannot do any worse than we have this season.

maroonlegions

if vlad does not get his finger oot then we are fecked, the rest i do not care , HMFC is what matters to me. GIVE US A FECKING MANAGER .:rolleyes:

In the next five games Frail Will be given the mangers job permanently with Neil McCann as his number two.

One - Why are Hearts sending Frail for his pro license

Two - He is forever talking S**t . Making out everything is Rosy

three - He's talking about brining in his own players .

Four - Talking about next season - Hitting the ground running and s**t.

Five - Neil McCann is some sort of sweetener for the hearts fans . Someone else to take the heat of Frail

Six - Why would you make McCann a coach if there was a new manager coming in.

Anyone else agree. I don't like it but this is what i think.

And as for doing better i think we will make top six but we will be a million miles away from 3rd spot and nowhere near Europe.

Drylaw Hearts

Rangers - worse. They can't do any better than they've done this season.

Celtic - better. The opposite reason of above.

Dundee Utd - Roughly same.

Motherwell - worse.

Hibs - Roughly same.

Aberdeen - Roughly same.

Hearts - much better..... surely !! :rolleyes:

Falkirk - Roughly same.

Inverness - Roughly same.

St Mirren - Roughly same.

Gretna - may struggle.

In short, I think we'll probably swap places with 'Well in the Top 6 next Season.

But there won't be much between those outside the OF - again.

Rangers - Get better under the great Walter Smith.

Hearts - Get better, with new man in charge we take 2nd spot.

Celtic - Get worse as they continue to fall apart.

Dundee Utd - Still the same under walkaway Levein.

Killie - Back in the mix as JJ starts to build his new side.

Aberdeen - As Utd with Tango doing nothing new.

Motherwell - Luck runs out and McGhee runs out soon after.

Falkirk - Much the same

ICT - Brewster gives us no surprises

Hibs - Continue to sell players and get worse

St Mirren - Yawn

Hamilton - Relegated

Drylaw Hearts
Rangers - Get better under the great Walter Smith.

Hearts - Get better, with new man in charge we take 2nd spot.

Celtic - Get worse as they continue to fall apart.

Dundee Utd - Still the same under walkaway Levein.

Killie - Back in the mix as JJ starts to build his new side.

Aberdeen - As Utd with Tango doing nothing new.

Motherwell - Luck runs out and McGhee runs out soon after.

Falkirk - Much the same

ICT - Brewster gives us no surprises

Hibs - Continue to sell players and get worse

St Mirren - Yawn

Hamilton - Relegated

:rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson

Hearts- Take 2nd spot, win the wee cup.

Hibs- Finish in the bottom 6 but it's fine because they have a healthy bank balance. Get knocked out the SC in round 3.

Dundee Utd- Fighting relegation after losing their manager to a two bit Championship side.

portobellojambo1
You're welcome.

FWIW, I think Hearts will improve next season. We cannot, I repeat cannot do any worse than we have this season.

Replace the word cannot with the words should not and it is more accurate Andy, this season, as last, has been unacceptable, to perform even poorer next season is inconceivable but, unfortunately, very possible if wholesale changes are not made.

Charlie-Brown

Rangers - will consolidate further - better

Celtic - internal uncertainty - worse

Motherwell - will lose key player(s) & manager - worse

Dundee Utd - will lose important players - marginally worse

Hibs - will consolidate their change from 'flair'(copyright) to robust (oh the horror! the horror!) - marginally better

Aberdeen - will lose several key players & won't get adequate replacements & tangoman will lose supporter approval - worse

Hearts - will be more focused - better

Falkirk - will lose a couple of better players - marginally worse

ICT - will be unable to afford to keep Nicolae long term - marginally worse

St Mirren - little will change substantially for them

Kilmarnock - will stabilise after losing key players - marginally better

Hamilton - will lose a couple of important players - will be very tough for them - worse for them than this year

Gigolo-Aunt

As for Hearts...

It does not take a genius to work out how to solve the problems of this season. That said, we were saying the same thing this time last year.

Rangers will be an intersting one as IMO they will invest in players who are more creative than what they have at the moment. Getting the players with quality who also keep the team spirit that they have may be more difficult than it sounds.

Celtic ??

Hopefuly they go bust and a supermarket is built on Parkhead.

chester copperpot
Celtic ??

Hopefuly they go bust and a supermarket is built on Parkhead.

Gig, I love your posts mate, but this has to be my all time favourite of all time mate (done in a smashey type voice)

ToadKiller Dog

the gruesomes will win the league again with uninspiring football.

the smelies 2nd after changing strachan at new year

We will start well until interferance gets in the way but will just hold on to 3rd

sheep will some how run us close for 3rd Calderwood will blame jebus or something

Hobos usual lots of praise from the west but will ultimately miss out

Well will drop down to mid table Mcghee gone before season starts

dundee united will start well there crowds will stay poor Levien will leave for ECL CLUB

Falkirk yogi will just miss out on top 6 again

ICT steady asusual will do enough to avoid relegation

Killie not sure what if anything will happen there

hamiltion might just stay up

St midden always predict them to go down.

Gigolo-Aunt
Gig, I love your posts mate, but this has to be my all time favourite of all time mate (done in a smashey type voice)

Drunk at 11.03am, Andy ??

;)

chester copperpot
Drunk at 11.03am, Andy ??

;)

Not at all, just in the mood to appreciate a good post, and that most certainly was.

Geoff Kilpatrick

At the moment, I'm predicting that Romanov fails to deliver. It's easier to accept that at present: -

1. Rangers - win the league again with a close finish due to transition of new manager at Fawlty Towers

2. Celtic - see above

3. Dundee United - Levein laughs off offer from Vlad and consolidates United in 3rd, based on channeling emotion from the passing away of Eddie Thomson

4. Hibernian - They scrape 4th due to being the best of the crap.

5. Falkirk - Do what they do best and scrape results to get into the Top 6.

6. Kilmarnock - Jefferies turns down Vlad offer and gets Kilmarnock in with some signings from 2nd and 3rd division. However, they go into administration after the split, causing controversy

7. Motherwell - Lose McGhee and claim title of being top of the bottom feeders

8. Aberdeen - Tango and Sash leave to be replaced by McGhee, who is then poached by a Championship side. A good start falls apart.

9. Hamilton Academical - They get a few results, including taking 9 points out of 12 against HMFC

10. Heart of Midlothian - Frail is appointed full-time, results don't improve, Frail gets sacked, random no mark comes in, Hearts stay in the bottom 6 all season. Romanov disappears into hiding as protests start.

11. St Mirren - Stay up, just

12. Inverness Caledonian Thistle - Relegated due to being hopeless.

Charlie-Brown
At the moment, I'm predicting that Romanov fails to deliver. It's easier to accept that at present: -

1. Rangers - win the league again with a close finish due to transition of new manager at Fawlty Towers

2. Celtic - see above

3. Dundee United - Levein laughs off offer from Vlad and consolidates United in 3rd, based on channeling emotion from the passing away of Eddie Thomson

6. Kilmarnock - Jefferies turns down Vlad offer and gets Kilmarnock in with some signings from 2nd and 3rd division. However, they go into administration after the split, causing controversy

8. Aberdeen - Tango and Sash leave to be replaced by McGhee, who is then poached by a Championship side. A good start falls apart.

9. Hamilton Academical - They get a few results, including taking 9 points out of 12 against HMFC

10. Heart of Midlothian - Frail is appointed full-time, results don't improve, Frail gets sacked, random no mark comes in, Hearts stay in the bottom 6 all season. Romanov disappears into hiding as protests start.

Jeez - avoid razor blades or sharp instruments today Geoff - better hide your belt & shoe-laces as well. :(

Geoff Kilpatrick
Jeez - avoid razor blades or sharp instruments today Geoff - better hide your belt & shoe-laces as well. :(

Actually, I'm quite content. It's just gone 9pm here in Melbourne, I'm having a couple of beers and my son finally convinced himself that he could ride a bike today.

I hope that I am completely wrong come the next KO in August but I expect June 30 (my deadline for a manager to be appointed) to come and go with nothing having happened, except Frail getting the job for the "forseeable future". It doesn't depress me to think of that, I have more important things to get on with in life.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Hopefully, we will get a manager of real quality who will come in and be allowed full autonomy to clear out the garbage, regardless of nationality and bring in his own players, regardless of nationality with a reasonably sensible spending budget. He will then pick his own players and plot his own tactics.

RINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My alarm clock just went off...

I believe however that my prediction made on my warning for the future thread will come closer. We will NOT get the desired change in the managerial/playing set up and we will degenerate further and hover dangerously near relegation.

I care not a jot about the other teams in the league.

portobellojambo1

2. Celtic - see above

Unless major changes occur I regret to say your take on things will not be a million miles away from the truth Geoff.

Much better i think.

We get a new manager and half a new team.

We'll finish 3rd and whop the hobos again.

jack D and coke
Hearts - Better.

New man appointed, 3rd place finish.

Where does this optimism come from? If romanov appoints a proper manager and keeps his f***** nose out long enough for us to maybe get a run going i'll eat my hat. I doubt it though the man is a clown.

jamboinglasgow
In the next five games Frail Will be given the mangers job permanently with Neil McCann as his number two.

One - Why are Hearts sending Frail for his pro license Think a this has been overblown. Barca have pro-licensed coaches taking Under 12's. THink Frail just wants to improve his coaching skills. Nothing sinister.

Two - He is forever talking S**t . Making out everything is Rosy If he says his players are s**t then they will get demoralised and we will be even worse. All managers try to make things to look posistive, except after games.

three - He's talking about brining in his own players. Don't think he has said that, just stated a need to bring in better quality

Four - Talking about next season - Hitting the ground running and s**t.

Five - Neil McCann is some sort of sweetener for the hearts fans . Someone else to take the heat of Frail McCann coaching has only been mentioned once on hearts website.

Six - Why would you make McCann a coach if there was a new manager coming in.McCann realises he is past his best and wants to try coaching. He can learn to coach at Hearts, doesn't mean he is a full coach yet.

Anyone else agree. I don't like it but this is what i think.

And as for doing better i think we will make top six but we will be a million miles away from 3rd spot and nowhere near Europe.

Thats my views on your points.

shaun.lawson

1. Celtic (manager: David Moyes)

2. Rangers

3. Heart of Midlothian (manager: Mark McGhee)

4. Dundee United

5. Hibernian

6. Aberdeen

7. Falkirk (most likely to take advantage of any of the bigger clubs slipping up)

8. Kilmarnock

9. Motherwell

10. St Mirren

11. Dundee (I've a nasty feeling they'll do to Hamilton what they did to us in '86)

12. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

jamboinglasgow

Rangers: Will continue their run and sign Davis permantly. With some youngsters coming in, they will win the league again. (slightly better)

Celtic: Strachan wont be sacked but told he has to win the league. However he buys another two players who fail to show their potential and is sacked at the end of the season. (worse)

Dundee United: with Levin at the helm, United look a stronger team then this season. They start very well pushing a poor Celtic team but fall away after christmas yet still manage to get third. (Better)

Hearts: Romanov comes true with his word and appoints a manager, this manager is a good manager but not who people expected. He removes some players and brings in a few young guys in the team. After stating at the begining of the season that he feels this season is about rebuilding, he finishes fourth quite close behind Dundee United, but with team that looks like being a cracker in season 2009/10. Hearts also have gained planning permission for the new stand and Romanov is personally there for the groundbreaking cermony. (much Better)

Hibernian: Hibs maintain their ugly football and remain in the top 6. However they have lost 3 of the 4 derbies (last 1 a draw.) They announce the rebuilding of the east stand and start work. However after Fletcher has left there is no new sign of a new youth star.(slightly better)

Falkirk: After a normal season of their usual football. Falkirk will manage to get in top 6. Hughes though will depart in March after he gets an offer from a relegation Championship side who want a manager who can graft a side. (better)

Kilmarnock: JJ manages to produce some good youngsters again who bring the side up again. After a tough fight for sixth place he just misses out. (better)

Motherwell: after losing McGhee to a championship side, they struggle to find a decent enough manager. McCrommick goes to the Boro. So they end up having a tough season. (worse)

Aberdeen: Calderwood loses the plot and brings in a few more ametur dutch players. He loses a few good players due to contracts being ended and so they slide down. After much fan pressure Calderwood is sacked in Febuabry. (worse)

Hamilton: Hamilton lose McCarthy but manage to bring in one or two players who can keep them up. THey do fairly average season but are not too bothered. (same)

ICT: After losing a few of their players to other SPL teams, ICT suffer and even Niculae goes to a bigger team. (worse)

St Mirren: Despite Gus McPhersons efforts St Mirren have an awful season, even moving into their new ground cant lift them out of relegation. (worse)

Gretna, by the way go out of business leaving a space open for another club to come into the leagues. What happens is that the two finalists of each playoff are promoted and a new team is brought into the league.

alwaysthereinspirit

If we are worse than this season then we are going to be in deep deep Gretna.:eek:

Buffalo Bill

If we get a decent manager in (and one who is allowed shake hs own tadger) then we'll get third place, a fortress Tynecastle, decent football, goals galore, Europe and a cup final.

Of that, I'm sure.

_41792818_presenters203.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Colonel Kurtz

Hearts position depends on what happens ,I hear ST renewals are terrible and congratulate Hrats fans for having the sense not to believe the "jam tomorrow" crap coming from the snake oil salesmen at the club.

If Frail is given the job then god help us.

Celtic will be taken over close season and substantial funds will be made avaliable.

The Huns will try to play some football at last and revert to a 4 4 2 formation.

Hibs will be investigated for irregularities and fires

boabyarsebiscuit

Rangers - will win the League.

Celtic - won't win the League.

Hibs - couple more decent SPL standard signings in the summer out of the Fletcher money, "guys who can do a job", e.g. Gow, Kerr, and will probably finish third.

Dundee Utd - top 4 finish, will challenge the Hobos for third.

Hearts - with a new manager we'll make the top 6. With no new manager and a Vlad controlled committee in charge, we won't. Will we buy any players in the summer? Austerity is the way forward, so probably not.

Motherwell, Aberdeen, Falkirk - fighting for top 6 spot.

St Mirren, Inverness CT, Hamilton Academical, Kilmarnock - bottom 6. Take your pick for who goes down.

I hear ST renewals are terrible and congratulate Hrats fans for having the sense not to believe the "jam tomorrow" crap coming from the snake oil salesmen at the club.

If true, excellent news in terms of the fans doing all they can to encourage change and the fulfilling of promises.

To answer the OP: Hearts will place better if they start being run like a football club, the same or worse if the status quo is maintained.

The rest I'm not especially bothered about.

Archived