Hoe long should it take to dowload an LP with utorrent

Jamie_the_Jambo

I've had an album download in less than five minutes, I'm sure depending on your connection speed (mine's at about 6.6mbps) and number of seeds you could get it in 2 or 3.

If you're having trouble it's likely a broken torrent with no seeds, or only a couple that loads of people are leeching off, I'd have a look around for a healthier torrent mate.

Been using torrent or a whole but never really looked in to it properly... I know you want a high seeded torrent but what are the ideal figures?

I downloaded 4.6g of Doctor Who last week from 4 seeds, it took a few days (I couldn't leave my PC on for more than about 6 hours a day), but usually I'd be looking for few more, especially with TV shows/movies. (50+ for TV and film, a dozen or so for albums usually does)

It depends too on how open people leave their upload speeds, you can restrict your upload speeds thus increasing your download speed, it affects your ratio and the courteous thing is to have a decent ratio, 0.6 or above. I don't bother with really popular torrents, where there's 1,000's of seeds, but if I have a rare or unusual torrent I'll leave it open for a good while, weeks sometimes. I was seeding the Ricky Gervais podcasts for months, often I was the only seed and my ratio for that torrent was in double figures, I've been seeding the collected Calvin and Hobbes strips for months too, but if a new episode of Lost comes on there's like 20,000 seeds, I don't think mine's crucial.

If a train leaves Glasgow Central at 9:01am and travels at a constant 44 miles per hour and a train leaves Edinburgh Haymarket at 9:18am and travels at a constant 46 miles per hour.

Where will they pass each other?

I use warez-bb, you download rar files and then un compress them. A feature lenght movie is 700mb, takes me about 20 mins. You could easily download an album in under 5 mins

If a train leaves Glasgow Central at 9:01am and travels at a constant 44 miles per hour and a train leaves Edinburgh Haymarket at 9:18am and travels at a constant 46 miles per hour.

Where will they pass each other?

Trains from Glasgow Central don't travel on the Edinburgh line?

Was it a trick question?

If it takes one man three days to dig a hole how long will it take three men to dig half a hole?

davemclaren
Trains from Glasgow Central don't travel on the Edinburgh line?

Was it a trick question?

If it takes one man three days to dig a hole how long will it take three men to dig half a hole?

They do, but they go via Shotts and Livingston ( ScotRail ) or Motherwell ( formerly GNER now First East Coast or something ). ;)

Archived