Which comedians do you find the least amusing?

Locky

The whole female comedy taboo was discussed last week and I think a lot of people cleared up that comediennes as such are pish.

For me I find Jimmy Carr rather irritating and Dara O'Briain just mind numbingly unfunny. Just my opinion though.

I will take pelters for these but..

_45119323_leeevans.jpg

billy-connolly.jpg

I was a late bloomer with Lee Evans. Took me a while to get half his material but I don't like how he gets a bit to animated at times.

Billy Connolly I am the opposite with. I found a lot of his material amusing when I was younger but as I've grown up I dislike it more and more.

Johnny Vegas and Ricky Gervais. Just crap

TBH I think Ricky Gervais was only funny in 'The Office'. I've never found anything else remotely funny.

Lee Evans, Peter Kay, Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand/Howard/Kane, Michael McIntyre, lot of others I can't think of off the top of my head.

All female comedians.

Most ethnic minority comedians - yet to see a single act from one where there isn't at least half of it dedicated to the fact that they're black/asian/whatever. Yeah, we get it.

Libertonian_II

Somebody said that Brand ® was a comedian......

Come to think of it Brand(j) is probably the same...

...but marginally funnier

I'm going to see Danny Bhoy on Wednesday. I was dubious when my mate bought the tickets, I'd never heard of him, he's called Danny Bhoy, surely I'm going to hate this I thought.

But I've looked at some of his stuff on you tube and on his website and he's funny as. Why he's called Danny Bhoy I have no clue, it's got feck all to do with sellik as far as I can see. He's half Indian and from Moffat and he's a big star in Australia and Canada, but virtually unknown here in his home country.

There's a superb visitors guide to Scotland, I fully recommend you Google it.

Anyway back to the question. I don't get Lee Evans, Stephen K Amos is just not funny at all and I'd rather stick my nob in a blender than suffer Katie Brand. Apart from that I'm quite forgiving.

Captain Price

Ricky Gervais. As above, only funny in The Office. The rest of his material is just cringeworthy. Russell Brand needs a kick too. How the **** did he get with Katy Perry? I've gone right off Frankie Boyle too. I went to see Alan Carr in October, and I thought he was rather funny...:ninja:

chester copperpot

Whitehall, that fat black chick from mock the week, so unfunny I cannot remember her name. Amos is just awful too,

I'm going to see Danny Bhoy on Wednesday. I was dubious when my mate bought the tickets, I'd never heard of him, he's called Danny Bhoy, surely I'm going to hate this I thought.

But I've looked at some of his stuff on you tube and on his website and he's funny as. Why he's called Danny Bhoy I have no clue, it's got feck all to do with sellik as far as I can see. He's half Indian and from Moffat and he's a big star in Australia and Canada, but virtually unknown here in his home country.

There's a superb visitors guide to Scotland, I fully recommend you Google it.

Anyway back to the question. I don't get Lee Evans, Stephen K Amos is just not funny at all and I'd rather stick my nob in a blender than suffer Katie Brand. Apart from that I'm quite forgiving.

Seen him live in Musselburgh of all places about 3 years ago and guide to Scotland was what opened the show.I had never heard of the guy but have to say he was absolutely brilliant.I then bought his DVD which was filmed in Australia(he seems to have a massive following there)and it was virtually the same thing so although he was very good a lot of his stuff seems regurgitated.

ToadKiller Dog

Boyle and Gervais they are really just a tarted up version of a bernhard manning act but it's ok they are just being ironic . The Russell guy who's show is always on bbc3 he is just brainless dribble .

Billy Connelly was great but slowly went up his own backside a sort of Bomo of comedy .

The whole female comedy taboo was discussed last week and I think a lot of people cleared up that comediennes as such are pish.

For me I find Jimmy Carr rather irritating and Dara O'Briain just mind numbingly unfunny. Just my opinion though.

Jimmy Carr and Russell Howard. Not funny at all, a bit like watching st midden.

Whitehall, that fat black chick from mock the week, so unfunny I cannot remember her name. Amos is just awful too,

Ah, yes, Gina Yashere.

When I used to watch Mock the Week I liked to count how many times she cracked a joke and didn't get a laugh. It was usually a 90% record.

Jimmy Carr and Russell Howard. Not funny at all, a bit like watching st midden.

I used to like Russell Howard until I realised all his material is about being from Bristol or stuff with kids.

Funny at first but predictable. Maybe that's where the St Midden comparison kicks in.

chester copperpot

Ah, yes, Gina Yashere.

When I used to watch Mock the Week I liked to count how many times she cracked a joke and didn't get a laugh. It was usually a 90% record.

all she would do is talk with a Nigerian accent about one of her family members. Completely unfunny.

The Old Tolbooth

Tim Minchin, Dara O'Brien (sp?), Andy Parsons, Phil Jupitus, Johnny Vegas, Jo Brand, and I'm sure there are more, but the ones I've mentioned are utterly chronic and I've no idea how the hell they've made a living out of it, I guess it wouldn't do if we all had the same tastes.

all she would do is talk with a Nigerian accent about one of her family members. Completely unfunny.

Especially when they done the roleplay rounds. She always played the part of a loud mouth Nigerian who was the voice for some slum in London.

Kim Jong Il has saved me a lot of typing with every one of his shouts except Connolly.

I have to add Victoria Wood. There was a programme on about her career the other night, in which top comedian after top comedian was slavering over her saying she changed comedy single-handed. If by "changing comedy" they meant she pioneered a new form of it whereby there are no laughs, then I agree.

Have not once laughed at anything she has said or done.

Another one I have to mention is that arsepiece Russell "wouldn't it be brilliant if *insert "wacky" idea*" Howard. Chronically unfunny. How he is successful genuinely baffles me. Witless stuff.

I P Knightley

Seen him live in Musselburgh of all places about 3 years ago and guide to Scotland was what opened the show.I had never heard of the guy but have to say he was absolutely brilliant.I then bought his DVD which was filmed in Australia(he seems to have a massive following there)and it was virtually the same thing so although he was very good a lot of his stuff seems regurgitated.

Strange complaint when you think about it. If you went to see a band and then went home to buy a DVD of the concert tour you'd just been on, would you complain that it was the same old songs "regurgitated"?

jamboinglasgow

I think she needs to realise that her act can only be funny the first time she does the accent because quite frankly most of the population dont know people of Nigerian descent. I am sure if you are of Nigerian descent her jokes become more relevant and her stand up shows work well for a certain demographic but it just doesn't work on a wider show shown to the UK. To me it is also why many female comedians dont strike a chord with men. Comedy works best when you relate to it, Michael McIntyre does well and gets wide appeal as he talks about many things we all experence in life (though it doesn't mean we all find him funny, but people do.) A lot of female comedians focus only on life as a female to a degree where men just can relate to it so the humour for them is not there. There are lads comedians who have the same effect on women. Of course being relavent does not mean your are funny. But point is that in trying to make your audience laugh, you have to first make them be able to relate to your jokes, going on a national program and continually doing jokes about Nigerians and their traits does not work as if they had a comedian come on Mock the Week and always talk about what Inverness people are like.

surprised at the number of people saying jimmy Carr. sure he comes across as a right prick, but in terms of comedy he's about as slick and polished as it comes.

on the flip side, I can't get the love in tor Kevin Bridges. very average stuff from the stuff I've seen. there are obviously loads of others who are absolutely rotten but they've all been listed, wheeze bridges gets touted as the next Connolly and the voice of a generation and as far as I can tell he's simply alright.

Archived